I thought removing the wrist bracelet(gauntlet) kills the Predator

Started by germanator2, Jun 27, 2018, 02:06:27 AM

Author
I thought removing the wrist bracelet(gauntlet) kills the Predator (Read 5,793 times)

PredBabe

Still doesn't add up when we see Anytime disarm himself to fight Dutch.

Samhain13

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 28, 2018, 11:43:38 PM
Still doesn't add up when we see Anytime disarm himself to fight Dutch.

He doesn't, he removes his mask, plasma canon and backpack. His wrist gautlets aren't removed and before Dutch puts himself in place for his trap, Anytime activates the wristblades to kill him. You can see the blades also when Anytime activates the self-destruct.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Yes but throughout the fight he has his wrist blades retracted as though they are insignificant, just like the plasma canon he tossed in the water, to beating his opponent. He only busts the blades out to deliver a final blow.

I just don't think the gauntlet is that detrimental that they graph it to their skin.

OpenMaw

Yeah, it just doesn't add up with what we see in the movies.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 29, 2018, 01:47:20 AM
Yes but throughout the fight he has his wrist blades retracted as though they are insignificant, just like the plasma canon he tossed in the water, to beating his opponent. He only busts the blades out to deliver a final blow.

I just don't think the gauntlet is that detrimental that they graph it to their skin.

Anytime retracted the blades because otherwise he would have killed Dutch in 1 blow, he wanted to have fun with a human that gave him a real challenge so he took his time instead of finishing off quickly, he had complete control over the fight, he still had the blades available if he needed them.

I don't get what you mean by detrimental but it's just that some predators in EU thought that having a weapon to use in a fight is so important that they prefer to die than to be complete vulnerable, maybe it got to do with some honor code. Maybe they just really like their wristblades and they literally forced themselves to not be able to live without them. Like they are into some forced Second Amendment kind of thing.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 29, 2018, 01:53:20 AM
Yeah, it just doesn't add up with what we see in the movies.

Predators are pretty much crazy dogmatic psychopaths, that seem like something they could do to themselves, because they are insane. Not everything they do makes perfect sense.

Still more believable than having predators do dna splicing. That sure will decrease the challenge in their sport.

Corporal Hicks

To be fair, with the game, it seems more like they did it so they could give the Predator something when he wakes-up and not have to fanny about unarming him. If I remember rightly you still wake with a knife when the marine player is captured too?

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jun 28, 2018, 09:06:50 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 28, 2018, 08:28:35 AM
I can't remember any instance in the EU of it actually killing any of the Predators?
Captive mentioned something like this and they took off it's whole arm. It contradicts with other comics indeed.

Thanks, I'll give that one a re-read!

skull-splitter

Well, they took off his whole arm in Captive since it would be used as a self destruct and if memory serves me right just removing the gauntlet was impossible.

Corporal Hicks

Just re-read it. Seems to be more of a case of they chopped the arm off quickly to stop it from even getting the chance to self destruct, rather than try to remove it with any care. No other implications.

skull-splitter

Reread it too.

"Please tell me that thing on it's wrist isn't live."
-"As far as we know, it's inactive. Although we suspect any attempt to disassemble it may set it off."

It's implied to be boobytrapped in this case. Not just killing them.

Corporal Hicks

I think that's more on a technical level than removing from the flesh. Stern is seen wearing it himself during the final pages so he obviously took it off the Predator's chopped off arm.

skull-splitter

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2018, 07:48:12 AM
To be fair, with the game, it seems more like they did it so they could give the Predator something when he wakes-up and not have to fanny about unarming him. If I remember rightly you still wake with a knife when the marine player is captured too?

No, you start with no weapons but within 5 seconds you get a knife from a guy that just get killed. They could have made something similar to the predator but decided to make that concept. But I get what you mean.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 29, 2018, 01:47:20 AM

I wonder how dutch sustained all this  damage without dying though... I mean it's an extraterrestrial of superhuman strength doing the beating ! We saw him being able to lift a 220 pounds man with one hand, and overthrow a tree log that must have been reaaaally heavy while mortally wounded ! He must have severely hold his punches back ! Even though it sent dutch flying around lol.

Samhain13

Samhain13

In the Predator 2 novel, Dutch was said to have spent quite some time in the hospital, I don't remember if it was due to his injuries or possibly radiation from the self-destruct bomb. Either way I'm sure he broke something in the fight.

Corporal Hicks

It was primarily the radiation from the self destruct. I don't think it mentioned anything about physical injuries but I'm sure he had some.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed