Robert Rodriquez

Started by LegerPrime, Jun 21, 2018, 11:16:34 PM

Author
Robert Rodriquez (Read 2,224 times)

LegerPrime

LegerPrime

I'm disappointed it isn't a continuation of Predators, but it's reassuring that it takes place in between Predator 2 and Predators (https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/05/28/shane-black-talks-predators-place-continuity/), so they're not just ignoring Predators. But why wasn't Robert Rodriquez invited back as executive producer along side Lawrence Gordon?

The Old One

The Old One

He was?

That's news to me.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 21, 2018, 11:24:30 PM
He was?

That's news to me.

He was what?

Quote from: LegerPrime on Jun 21, 2018, 11:16:34 PM
I'm disappointed it isn't a continuation of Predators, but it's reassuring that it takes place in between Predator 2 and Predators, so they're not just ignoring Predators. But why wasn't Robert Rodriquez invited back as executive producer along side Lawrence Gordon?

Where did you hear it takes place in between?

The Old One

The Old One

Sorry, I misread. My bad.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 22, 2018, 12:16:27 AM
He was?

That's news to me.

He was what?

I'm disappointed it isn't a continuation of Predators, but it's reassuring that it takes place in between Predator 2 and Predators, so they're not just ignoring Predators. But why wasn't Robert Rodriquez invited back as executive producer along side Lawrence Gordon?

I could have sworn Shane Black said it himself but now I can't find the article.

I'm happy they're doing a follow up on Predator 2, we heard Harrigan say they'll have their chance and now they're going to actually follow up on that with this sequel. I personally wanted to see the government involved in the next Predator movie that takes place on Earth and here it is. Perhaps another Predator sequel will play up more on Predators... if the new movie does well.

The Old One

The Old One

I can't believe it's been nearly thirty years since the Predators were last on earth.

LegerPrime

LegerPrime

He was?

That's news to me.

Who was what?

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 22, 2018, 12:16:27 AM
He was?

That's news to me.

He was what?

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/05/28/shane-black-talks-predators-place-continuity/ Right on the site.

Lionhart

Lionhart

I'm disappointed it isn't a continuation of Predators, but it's reassuring that it takes place in between Predator 2 and Predators (https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/05/28/shane-black-talks-predators-place-continuity/), so they're not just ignoring Predators. But why wasn't Robert Rodriquez invited back as executive producer along side Lawrence Gordon?
LOL, that's so good, imo Predators should have never existed to begin with u

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

:'( people bagging on Predators.

I wonder if Black even saw it. It quite clearly isn't set miles in the future. Just sounds like he heard it was on another planet and assumed it was in the future.

von

von

Predators was a solid Predator film, but it failed in the sense that it could not spawn a sequel.

8 years later, we are so lucky to be getting a brand new film - and it ain't Direct-to-video!!

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 22, 2018, 07:46:19 AM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/disneycreate/images/4/4c/Haha-shut-up.gif/revision/latest?cb=20140302015407

I wonder if Black even saw it. It quite clearly isn't set miles in the future. Just sounds like he heard it was on another planet and assumed it was in the future.
😂

SM

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 22, 2018, 07:46:19 AM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/disneycreate/images/4/4c/Haha-shut-up.gif/revision/latest?cb=20140302015407

Assuming relativity isn't an issue, I dated Predators to take place in December 2008.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 22, 2018, 02:15:47 AM
I can't believe it's been nearly thirty years since the Predators were last on earth.

Technically i think it's more 20 or 21 years since Predator 2 takes place in 1997.

SM

SM

They were running around in 2004.

The Old One

The Old One

We don't talk about that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed