Lost In Space (tv series reboot)

Started by motherfather, Feb 21, 2018, 10:09:27 PM

Author
Lost In Space (tv series reboot) (Read 2,944 times)

jimmy83

jimmy83

Just watched the first few episodes of this, good so far, but It did get the gears turning in my brain for reasons already alluded to by others in this thread. The set designs and costumes have all the hallmarks of the Promethus/Martian Arthur Max & RS style. Now, bear with me on this, but I recall on the AVP Podcast 61, when discussing the cancellation of Covenant 2, someone mentioned various production items had been auctioned off last year, could Netflix have snapped up pre-production items for use in lost in space?! Just a thought......! Either way, good show!

Gate

Gate

I went in blind, not knowing anything about the series. Totally worth it in the end. This is probably one of the best family-oriented science fiction shows I have found, and I can actually share this with a lot of people.

1. I really dig that Mr. Robinson is an actual human being and not just a military meathead. Its like nothing about his service defines his character, which is fantastic!

2. I actually felt like the plot moved at a fast enough pace that I never found myself missing a location or feeling stuck.

3. Really enjoyed the childish love plot that wasn't contrived. Was realistic for the characters involved.

4. Dr. Smith:
Spoiler
Probably best actress in the entire damn show. I hate her guts, however. Fantastically selfish.
[close]

5. DANGER: WILL ROBINSON  ;D

TC

TC

Are they going to remake this episode?

Best story ever!!!

TC

Kimo

Kimo

Finished it last week. My main concern was the robot and the Dr from the original TV show being changed for this new remake. I loved the campy looking robot from the original TV show, it was so lovable in a cheesy way. So was worried when I first seen glimpses of this new robot from the Netflix's trailers, because it looked so different. However after watching this reboot I'm loving this new alien robot. It has a Terminator 2 vibe to it. Not in the way it looks but the way it protects and guards Will Robinson, it also can seriously f**k people up just like a Terminator can. 8)

The Dr Smith in the original TV show from what I remember? Was basically the comic relief with a little bit of selfishness thrown in. Definitely a snake in the grass, and always out for himself. but what I remember deep down, the was a little bit of good somewere deep inside his black heart. I use to love how he was always Will Robinson's side kick and the Robot use to see right through him and warn Will about his shenanigans.. However this new take on Dr Smith makes Smith look more of a sociopath and very manipulate, and you can't really tell if she wants to f**k you over? Or if she is just trying to survive with the predicament she has got herself in. I like how Netflix's made this show more serious in nature then it's cheesy original counterpart.

Can't wait for next season. 

Corporal Hicks

Russ840

Russ840

Was pleased to read this. Gutted about the Expanse though.

Immortan Jonesy

Kimo

Kimo

This is way overdue can't wait. But probably gunna have to rewatch season 1 again since season 2 has taking forever to come out.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kimo on Oct 05, 2019, 07:58:05 PM
This is way overdue can't wait. But probably gunna have to rewatch season 1 again since season 2 has taking forever to come out.

Me too.  :laugh:

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

Yes! Just rewatched the first season too. Decent update. I had a few problems with Don's character, but it was serviceable.

Audi is making an electric SUV that looks a whole lot like the Chariot.

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed.  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed