Would you like to see a Queen in Scott's sequel?

Started by Berend, Nov 14, 2017, 07:31:13 PM

Author
Would you like to see a Queen in Scott's sequel? (Read 14,133 times)

Rudiger

Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2017, 02:10:55 AM
No, more that the Aliens being very, very old - or at least the Derelict being on LV-426 for a very long time - was thrown into doubt by Prometheus before we ever got to David creating the Aliens thing.

Doesn't that idea all hinge on what Dallas said about the space jockey being "dead a long time" and that it looked fossilised?

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Rudiger on Dec 04, 2017, 10:25:12 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2017, 02:10:55 AM
No, more that the Aliens being very, very old - or at least the Derelict being on LV-426 for a very long time - was thrown into doubt by Prometheus before we ever got to David creating the Aliens thing.

Doesn't that idea all hinge on what Dallas said about the space jockey being "dead a long time" and that it looked fossilised?

I guess movie facts aside, it's just a damn cool idea, the kind of idea that draws people into sci-fi in the first place. Something technologically advanced yet older than us and now gone. There's a reason the Atlantis type myth is popular.

When I think about it, it's probably my favourite type of back story, The Thing etc...

Finding out that it's not that old at all and some Android did it, not really that cool. Kinda sucky balls. It's not even anything to do with the Alien. Just that whole idea of that Jockey being there for like 15 years....

SM

Lovecraft, Forbidden Planet, long list.  I wouldn't mind if this turns that on its head.  And I wouldn't mind if a future films turned it on its head again.

Highland

Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2017, 10:39:53 AM
Lovecraft, Forbidden Planet, long list.  I wouldn't mind if this turns that on its head.  And I wouldn't mind if a future films turned it on its head again.

I feel like though if they flip things around like that, and this will sound kind of stupid considering it's all just made up anyway, it'll feel like they just flipped it because nobody liked it, not because that's what happened. Ya dig?

SM

I've had the idea for a while of how they could correct something a lot of people didn't like, by David being confronted by the Engineers with their own Aliens (that are ancient) and condemning his facsimiles and his pride.

Highland

Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2017, 10:47:24 AM
I've had the idea for a while of how they could correct something a lot of people didn't like, by David being confronted by the Engineers with their own Aliens (that are ancient) and condemning his facsimiles and his pride.

That's as far as I'd be willing to go. I'm not sure how you get that across though, there would have to be a lot of exposition between David and....? or a narration for the audience to get that (not even sure how that'd work without spoiling something)

It might just look like - oh it's Aliens fighting each other...whats going on? I'm not thinking about you and I watching it, thinking about the other 90%.

skhellter

flipping around due to some audience members being salty about it would be a very.... weak thing to do.

But i guess Ridley opened up the door to that being a possibility what with David
being a bit faulty and not being able to tell his favorite old authors apart...
It kinda brings his own authorship into question...

Quote from: Rudiger on Dec 04, 2017, 10:25:12 AM

For fossilization to occur, things need to be buried deep in the ground
for many many years.

Dallas had no idea what the f**k he was talking about
even without the added knowledge of the prequels.

Highland

Could have been frozen though right?

In 1979 I think the point was more to say "this thing is bloody old" rather than that to be scientifically accurate. Seems like a kind of cop out to use that against whats implied. That's just me though, other people might think different.

SM

Quote from: Highland on Dec 04, 2017, 10:57:48 AM

That's as far as I'd be willing to go. I'm not sure how you get that across though, there would have to be a lot of exposition between David and....? or a narration for the audience to get that (not even sure how that'd work without spoiling something)

It might just look like - oh it's Aliens fighting each other...whats going on? I'm not thinking about you and I watching it, thinking about the other 90%.

I'm not bothered either way - but if David got on board another Juggernaut; or indeed the Derelict - and sees a sea of eggs, it's easy enough to explain with a couple of lines of dialogue.  Wouldn't need to get any more expository than the scene with David and Oram.  Or we see a mural that provides details visually.

Highland

Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2017, 11:44:19 AM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 04, 2017, 10:57:48 AM

I'm not bothered either way - but if David got on board another Juggernaut; or indeed the Derelict - and sees a sea of eggs, it's easy enough to explain with a couple of lines of dialogue.  Wouldn't need to get any more expository than the scene with David and Oram.  Or we see a mural that provides details visually.

True, I can see what you're saying.

I guess thinking about it, I could also see the SJ wanting to just take the eggs back, like a - "you don't get to play with that".

FenGiddel

Corporal Hicks

I could really get behind that.

OpenMaw

I could see David entering some kind of an engineer locale... Feeling... Pride of some sort. he thinks he's got the upper hand. He's superior... His creations are thriving, destroying everything in their path, and he is free...

... and then a door opens, revealing...

...Engineers, unleashing their creations upon David and his own progeny.

Munkeywrench

I really like this idea

Highland

It's a cool concept and fixes a heap of stuff. Even turns it into what a lot of us were hoping for. I really don't see it happening though, not on the budget that's likely for the third movie. I'd dig just one cool Engineer and a couple of Aliens though, it doesn't have to be all out space war.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed