Would you like to see a Queen in Scott's sequel?

Started by Berend, Nov 14, 2017, 07:31:13 PM

Author
Would you like to see a Queen in Scott's sequel? (Read 13,362 times)

Berend

Or would you prefer Ridley to FINNALY explore some of the horrific elements of egg-morphing?

I do love the Queen but we've seen her 3 times now. I won't deny I'll have my 'f**k yeah' moment if she were to gloriously appear either as a final boss type or even just a cameo. I think Ridley could make her really nasty and disturbing.

But. Imagine the horror potential of the egg morhping finnaly getting its own plot point. I sort hoped we'd get to see some of it in Alien Isolation.

Baron Von Marlon

Eggmorphing would result in less colonists being avaible as hosts, so a queen seems more logical for creating a xeno army.
I would prefer a slightly different appearance if she's made out of Daniels.

Munkeywrench

Yeah I would definitely

Scorpio

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 14, 2017, 08:26:12 PM
Eggmorphing would result in less colonists being avaible as hosts, so a queen seems more logical for creating a xeno army.

Don't see how it's more logical unless you're just talking about numbers.

SM

If each Alien egg-morphed its former host, you'd still end up with much the same number.

That said, I think it'd be great if we heard a Queen, but not see it.  Leave the reveal for Aliens.

Master

To discover that David created those too? Nah thanks. TBH I don't want Scott anywhere near any Alien movie anymore.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 15, 2017, 12:22:53 AMDon't see how it's more logical unless you're just talking about numbers.

Yeah, just numbers.

Quote from: SM on Nov 15, 2017, 12:28:26 AMIf each Alien egg-morphed its former host, you'd still end up with much the same number.

Thought the hosts have to be alive.
Like the wasp species, that influenced the Alien lifecycle, who lays its eggs in paralysed victims.

SM

Brett wasn't alive.

Scorpio

What use are eggs if you have no hosts?  Queen produces a lot of eggs, that's it.

The aliens mostly kill people, anyway.  Unless a facehugger can implant a dead host, it's a waste.

As SM said, the host doesn't need to be alive for egg morphing.  The alien can happily go about killing then turn them into eggs.  Way better.

windebieste

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 15, 2017, 12:22:53 AM

Don't see how it's more logical unless you're just talking about numbers.

Parasites don't care about numbers.  If they succeed in breeding and kill the hosts in an environment, that's all that matters.  They don't keep cattle or perform sustainable agricultural practices.  They don't care if a host species becomes extinct - just so long as that generation procreates.  If it means they die too; well they don't give a shit.  Really.

In the case of the Alien and eggmorphing.  As long as there are humans around, eggmorphing has a purpose.  Once all the humans are gone, the Alien has successfully run its course.  This is what we are seeing David embarking upon now. 

The idea of a Queen has gotten stale.  I bet if Scott implements one, it will be on his terms.  It will differ from what Cameron delivered in 'ALIENS' because it's been over-used in subsequent movies, comics, video games...  Scott doesn't like to revisit stale concepts.  He's more likely to re-use eggmorphing - and idea that he alone has implemented and really hasn't been seen since.  We've seen him revisit abandon ideas in recent movies.  It's a safe bet the 2000 colonists aboard the Covenant are now eggs, ready to be deployed on a colony world. 

No.  I don't believe for an instant David is heading to Origae 6.  There's no point - and tell me how much you trust anything he says.  He'll head for the best established colony to deliver his payload.  Maybe a colony of 12k people. 

Scott said Epic.  So think Epic.

The Cameron Queen, on the other hand...  lol.  Too over- exposed for his vision.  If he uses a Queen, it will be substantially different to what we are familiar with.  Otherwise, what's the point?

-Windebieste.

bb-15

Imo the Queen could be a side line monster.
* I would like to see a focus on some surviving Engineers vs. David either on the settlement planet or in deep space.
- Wouldn't the Engineers be pissed after what David did to their home planet?

- As for the monsters, within the budget (~$100 million), I'd want some battle between Engineer led monsters (Neomorphs/Deacons) vs. David's team of xenos and maybe a Queen on David's side as an added bonus.
- I'd like a return of Walter (maybe helping the Engineers; who emerges from their ship?).
- As for humans (besides a human ship which starts the movie by blundering into David), there could be some who got away from David who are hiding on the settlement planet or are in an escape pod.
* In the end I'd be happy if the Engineers (+their monsters), Walter and the surviving humans all go against David (and his xenos).

- I don't know if anyone else thinks that would work but this kind of story has been forming in my mind ever since I saw "Covenant".

;)

tleilaxu

It's pretty safe to assume we'll see a queen given the content of The Advent and given that the queen was a nice and creative addition to the series. Eggmorphing doesn't make much sense, and more importantly it comes from a deleted, i.e. non-canon, scene.
I'm sure we'll see a queen, but like the xenomorph it will be much more sturdy and ferocious and it won't lose in a 1v1 vs. a girl in a robot suit.

Baron Von Marlon

How about multiple queens serving as an egg factory?  :D

Quote from: SM on Nov 15, 2017, 01:11:17 AM
Brett wasn't alive.

Oh. Ok, didn't remember.

Alionic

No, but if he does have a Queen in the sequel, make it look completely different.

Jonesy1974

I'd prefer egg-morphing because I find it far more disturbing. That said I quite like the idea of David turning Daniels into the queen and think Ridley could make that work.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed