Would you like to see a Queen in Scott's sequel?

Started by Berend, Nov 14, 2017, 07:31:13 PM

Author
Would you like to see a Queen in Scott's sequel? (Read 14,136 times)

skhellter

skhellter

We're probably gonna see a group of engineers going after David...
and going on the run after meeting his "perfect organism".

They'll get "hugged"
The ship crash lands
They set up a warning beacon before dying.
10 years before Alien, tops. 

Simples.
The big revelation will probably be that David has "seeded" the aliens across different planets.
Opening up the franchise for more adventures after Alien Resurrection.

We might see a Queen.

But what i REALLY want to see is a xeno that comes out of an engineer.
Been dying to see that since the first film.

and
I'd be VERY OK with it being this motherf**ker:

Might even be exactly that design, given how much Ridley liked Huante's concept art.

Highland

I think which ever way they go, some part of the Canon is going to have to take a hit. I'm not fussed now though.

SM

Quote from: Highland on Dec 03, 2017, 10:56:35 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 03, 2017, 07:13:58 AM
Or it's been going for yonks and they can make up any reason they want for it not to be picked up sooner.  Non issue I would've thought.

Well I guess that depends if you're in the David made the Alien camp or not and the whole "into the back end of Alien" comment.

Doesn't really have to be the 'David made it' camp.  Could be the 'why didn't Prometheus pick it up' camp.

Highland

Quote from: SM on Dec 03, 2017, 10:35:01 PM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 03, 2017, 10:56:35 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 03, 2017, 07:13:58 AM
Or it's been going for yonks and they can make up any reason they want for it not to be picked up sooner.  Non issue I would've thought.

Well I guess that depends if you're in the David made the Alien camp or not and the whole "into the back end of Alien" comment.

Doesn't really have to be the 'David made it' camp.  Could be the 'why didn't Prometheus pick it up' camp.

You're saying the crashed Derelict won't be anything to do with the final prequel then? Possibly.

SM

No, more that the Aliens being very, very old - or at least the Derelict being on LV-426 for a very long time - was thrown into doubt by Prometheus before we ever got to David creating the Aliens thing.

Highland

Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2017, 02:10:55 AM
No, more that the Aliens being very, very old - or at least the Derelict being on LV-426 for a very long time - was thrown into doubt by Prometheus before we ever got to David creating the Aliens thing.

Why? The Prometheus was just going to that Planet regardless.

SM

Yeah, but why didn't they pick up the Derelict signal (Blu-ray extras aside)?  It was being sent from a moon that would've taken Prometheus an hour or two to travel to.

One possible explanation is the Derelict hadn't arrived there yet, thus undermining the idea it's been on LV-426 for millennia.

What I'm saying is Prometheus already started undermining previously held theories (rather explicitly with Jockies now being Engineers; other less explicit), and Covenant continued in that vein.

Highland

Highland

Maybe they did and that's why they sent the Nostromo?

**Mythos is back on!

Checking the spelling of Nostromo I have just right now discovered the source of the ships names. I did not know this...

SM

QuoteMaybe they did and that's why they sent the Nostromo?

They had no other ships going to Thedus anytime sooner?

Highland

Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2017, 04:42:44 AM
QuoteMaybe they did and that's why they sent the Nostromo?

They had no other ships going to Thedus anytime sooner?

True, still there's not a hell of a lot of time between Prom and Alien.

SM

Assuming Thedus wasn't established for another 10-15 years, that leaves another 15-20 years worth of ships passing that region.

Highland

Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2017, 05:05:53 AM
Assuming Thedus wasn't established for another 10-15 years, that leaves another 15-20 years worth of ships passing that region.

Is Thedus further than Origae- 6? Isn't that a 8 year trip?

SM

We don't actually know where Thedus is.  When Fox nicked and reworked my starmap for the blu-rays, Thedus didn't feature (the map was zoomed to a point that cropped Thedus out).  However, they left my position for Fiorina in, so if we assume Thedus is still in the same spot, it's located orbiting Epsilon Reticuli (about 59ly from Earth).

Using grainy screencaps I have a theory about where Origae-6 is, but nothing official has been established (until I tell Fox  ;D).

Highland

So you're telling me there's a chance....

Bet they do look at your timeline to double check theirs!

SM

I do it for them.

In a world where Jockies and big pale blue baldies and an android created the Aliens, there is always a chance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed