Are we going to see how the Engineers get the eggs on the >>>>>

Started by predator2rules, Sep 12, 2017, 09:04:55 AM

Author
Are we going to see how the Engineers get the eggs on the >>>>> (Read 2,203 times)

predator2rules

At some point the filmmakers are going to have to show us how the Engineers get the eggs on that ship that crashes on LV 426. How do u think they got them?

Corporal Hicks

I hope not. I still think it's going to go the direction of David being responsible for them somehow. Eggmorphed crew of the Covenant or something like that. And I really don't want that.

Nukiemorph

Ridley did say he plans to answer how that ship got there and why it was full of eggs.

But that's only if Fox lets him make another movie...

whiterabbit

I think it's inevitable. That is the one plot that will get butts into the seats.

Baron Von Marlon

My guess:

Short version
On the new planet there will be an Engineer building + ship. David will use those as his lab and queen/egg storage.
Meanwhile he wil live in the new colony as Walter, picking off humans whenever he needs them for his experiments.
Whole bunch of stuff happens. David tries to escape with the ship and the eggs.
But he got infected in some way and crashes on the planet of Alien 1, becoming the Space Jockey.

Long version
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=58731.0

Highland

Suppose the twist will probably be that it wasn't the Jockey that was off to bomb us it was David. Personally it doesn't matter what he does with it now, but Scott's always given us what we don't expect so maybe that's too obvious for him.

Rudiger

Herein lies the problem of the prequels for me. We don't need to see this. All we really need are two things: the company becoming aware of the alien (and by extension, its potential as a bio weapon), and the company gaining some understanding of the engineers language, so they can understand the significance of the juggernauts warning message).

DorkiDori

Quote from: Rudiger on Sep 12, 2017, 05:49:07 PM
Herein lies the problem of the prequels for me. We don't need to see this. All we really need are two things: the company becoming aware of the alien (and by extension, its potential as a bio weapon), and the company gaining some understanding of the engineers language, so they can understand the significance of the juggernauts warning message).

The company is already aware of the Xenomorph... Please watch Advent. Hence the alien transmission clause in WY contract talked about in Alien (if an alien transmission is detected by WY employees, its must be investigated or the employee will forfeit all rights to shares and profits)

A-L-I-E-N

The requirement to investigate "any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin" could really just be a "good samaritan" clause needed to aid in assistance rather than to investigate alien life.

DorkiDori

Quote from: A-L-I-E-N on Sep 12, 2017, 08:19:20 PM
The requirement to investigate "any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin" could really just be a "good samaritan" clause needed to aid in assistance rather than to investigate alien life.

i think it goes a little deeper than that given anyone who DOESNT investigate it loses ALL of their shares and profit from the mission... which is basically blunt motivation to make company employees explore any and ALL possible transmissions of alien life given with the transmission sent in Advent, WY now knows about the Xenomorph David created aaaaaaaaaaaand they know about LV-223

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: DorkiDori on Sep 13, 2017, 03:09:05 AM
Quote from: A-L-I-E-N on Sep 12, 2017, 08:19:20 PM

i think it goes a little deeper than that given anyone who DOESNT investigate it loses ALL of their shares and profit from the mission... which is basically blunt motivation to make company employees explore any and ALL possible transmissions of alien life given with the transmission sent in Advent, WY now knows about the Xenomorph David created aaaaaaaaaaaand they know about LV-223

I think the clause and the drastic measures within, are simply the company being good competitors. I dont think it stands to reason, in any way that's less than hamfisted, to say that the clause was written specifically because of David contacting the Company. That's reading something into it that actually takes away the deeper idea: That this Company is trying to get a leg up, in any way it needs to. That clause is something any company like it, may add to an employee contract because the opportunity to first discover other life would give the Company incredible opportunities for patents, research, publicity. It has almost immeasurable business potential. So much so that, provided there was some other intention we weren't aware of, like searching for a cure for cancer or something, I almost don't think the Company is wrong to make the crew expendable. Of course they are, in actuality. This is the real evil in this series. The Alien can almost be looked at as a manifestation of man's hubris.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Highland on Sep 12, 2017, 04:30:37 PM
Suppose the twist will probably be that it wasn't the Jockey that was off to bomb us it was David. Personally it doesn't matter what he does with it now, but Scott's always given us what we don't expect so maybe that's too obvious for him.

It wouldn't be a twist. We all expect it now.  :'( Hopefully, since Scott likes to "subvert expectations" that means he wont do it if he gets a chance.

Hide

QuoteIt wouldn't be a twist. We all expect it now.  :'( Hopefully, since Scott likes to "subvert expectations" that means he wont do it if he gets a chance.

Thankfully B.O. numbers and audiences consensus are against this chance.

SM

The audience consensus that was more positive than not?

You could've simply stuck to the box office take rather than making things up.

Corporal Hicks

Even then, the box office was disappointing but it wasn't exactly a failure either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed