2nd Xenomorph where it came from?

Started by acrediblesource, Jul 02, 2017, 05:24:41 PM

Author
2nd Xenomorph where it came from? (Read 4,822 times)

acrediblesource

Where did it come from? IS the story completely ignoring the impregnation period or what?
Lope's character is essential where the clues point to but he DID pull the thing off his face in the facehugger scene in Davids workshop. unless the facehugger spat out the seeds into his mouth.
I'm calling this out as the worst part of the movie and made no sense.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jul 02, 2017, 05:24:41 PM
IS the story completely ignoring the impregnation period or what?
Indeed.

shawsbaby

Agreed. There were about 50 other ways to handle the last 15 minutes of the movie and they went with some pretty slipshod narrative decisions.

It would have been interesting if some OTHER type of xeno emerged from him based on the quick/partial facehugging, I guess?

Gash

Gash

We've had this thread before.

HABIT

HABIT

Well, it happened so we better just get over it. :(

tleilaxu

I always just assumed David impregnated him with something after they got on the Covenant. Don't find it jarring at all.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteWe've had this thread before.

Quite a few of them.

IIRC, Bichir said his character was infected by the acid on his face?  ???

SiL

SiL

He said it went through the acid burn in his cheek.

BishopShouldGo

Which is gross, stupid and makes no f**king sense. That's some Requiem shit.

And the green shit Upworth put on his face... yuck. His offscreen death... bigger yuck. Everything to do with his character left a bad taste in my mouth.

SM

SM

Is it 'cos he was gay?

;)

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

The scene where Upworth puts white stuff on Lope's face is actually underrated now that I think about it. It looks pretty gross.

Highland

Highland

I think I was more bothered by them successfully removing it from his face rather than the speed of the implantation.

whiterabbit

Out of all the things, this is one of the most minor issues. It attached to his face and planted it's seed. That's the primary job of a facehugger. The seed cooked for a while and then hatched out of the human egg.

acrediblesource

BUT Why did it take so long for the ship to register an Alien life form? So it went Incredible Hulk and did a speed transform. Thats f**king retarded.

hfeldhaus

This scene just reaffirmed that this wasn't the traditional xeno. It's a precursor.

The impregnation should have been telegraphed more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed