2nd Xenomorph where it came from?

Started by acrediblesource, Jul 02, 2017, 05:24:41 PM

Author
2nd Xenomorph where it came from? (Read 4,817 times)

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

When I first saw it in cinema I just thought David implanted something within him while he was unconscious. I don't know why it's such a big deal. Use your imagination a little bit. Why does everything need hand-holding exposition nowadays?

josh.reload

Reading these posts make me laugh.  You know somewhere the writers for the next alien movie are thinking, "don't worry if shit doesn't make sense or doesn't follow Alien cannon, the fans will justify every hole with their own theories!".  It's one thing to have an ambiguous ending to let fans discuss about, but when every other scene or major/minor plot point is "left for interpretation" it becomes laziness.

Lope got face hugged.  Nothing else suggests otherwise, we get zero evidence David implants an embryo on Lope.  How were they able to pry the hugger off his face and how did the hugger lay it's egg so quickly?  It's evident to me that the director/writers do not want to follow alien cannon precisely possibly because it restricts them.  For instance, they don't have time to wait for the face hugger to sex Lope for a few hours and the writers could not come up with another way to bring the alien on board the covenant. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that for whatever reasons the writers couldn't come up with an idea.  It could be lack of talent, it could be a time restraint by the producers IDK.  What I do know is that all they care about is making an alien movie with some alien cannon parameters but not all.  They throw in some talented actors, cool effects, sprinkle some lore/mystery, and a gory scene or two and gift wrap it for us. They are not worried about making a "masterpiece of sci-fi".  I'm ok with covenant and Prometheus because these movies did a fantastic job of entertaining me while still asking questions and answering some.  We will never get that same feeling that we got from watching Alien or Aliens.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

SpreadEagleBeagle

Just cut the barge/crane fight (the end or the whole thing), et voila - problem solved! Just one deadly xeno in the whole movie. How did it get to the Covenant? It snuck onboard the barge/crane vessel of course, since that's what xenos do!

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 06, 2017, 09:10:43 PM
Just cut the barge/crane fight (the end or the whole thing), et voila - problem solved! Just one deadly xeno in the whole movie. How did it get to the Covenant? It snuck onboard the barge/crane vessel of course, since that's what xenos do!
But then how would Daniels know it has acid for blood?

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Evanus on Jul 06, 2017, 09:17:27 PM

When they shot the facehugger it bled acid all over the poor guy. All the survivors probably saw the effects in his face etc. and even though it might not be spelled out on-screen, it is safe to say that either Daniels asked or was told off-screen that these creatures bleed acid.

I know, it's not airtight but it's better than the cheese they served us.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 06, 2017, 10:55:17 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Jul 06, 2017, 09:17:27 PM

When they shot the facehugger it bled acid all over the poor guy. All the survivors probably saw the effects in his face etc. and even though it might not be spelled out on-screen, it is safe to say that either Daniels asked or was told off-screen that these creatures bleed acid.

I know, it's not airtight but it's better than the cheese they served us.
Yeah, I guess that could work.

I'm not sure what to think about the whole crane fight. It's pretty cool, but also cheesy and kind of unnecessary.

The Cruentus

Quote from: SiL on Jul 02, 2017, 09:01:10 PM
He said it went through the acid burn in his cheek.
After watching the film again I noticed that Lope was yelling and shouting something like "get it off me " right up until it was cut off, meaning the huggers tube was not in his mouth as he would have been gagging like Oram was. Of course if it went through his cheek, it would have still needed to have gone down his throat and that have still meaning passing the gag reflex so a bit of an error there too.  Honestly this scene is what it is and screws with the lore, ADF did a good thing by changing this scene, pity the novel is not canon as it fixes a lot of issues.
One Alien would have been enough and would have been a better final antagonist if it was the one from Oram and simply survived until the end, as it would show how cunning and dangerous it was.

Scorpio

Scorpio

If a spore can infect with contact via skin, then why not acid? 

The Cruentus

Because acid dissolves and breaks down organic matter, not mutate/rewrite it.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 09, 2017, 12:46:52 PM
Because acid dissolves and breaks down organic matter, not mutate/rewrite it.

Maybe it's not just acid.  Hard to explain with a fictional creature.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed