David's head (non-spoilery)

Started by Rankles75, May 15, 2017, 04:10:21 AM

Author
David's head (non-spoilery) (Read 412 times)

Rankles75

Rankles75

Probably going to be seeing Alien Covenant on Tuesday, so obviously not looking for any spoilers, just wondering if it's explained why Shaw reattaches David's head (considering what he did to her and Holloway in Prometheus)? She clearly didn't need him to take off at the end of Prometheus, and I'm sure she wouldn't have needed help entering cryosleep, so I honestly can't see why she would need to do it (at least until she got where she was going). Hopefully, it isn't just a case of her being a f**king idiot for the sake of it...

klesk4ever

klesk4ever

Quote from: Rankles75 on May 15, 2017, 04:10:21 AM
Probably going to be seeing Alien Covenant on Tuesday, so obviously not looking for any spoilers, just wondering if it's explained why Shaw reattaches David's head (considering what he did to her and Holloway in Prometheus)? She clearly didn't need him to take off at the end of Prometheus, and I'm sure she wouldn't have needed help entering cryosleep, so I honestly can't see why she would need to do it (at least until she got where she was going). Hopefully, it isn't just a case of her being a f**king idiot for the sake of it...

To wake her up from the cryosleep?

windebieste

windebieste

She re-attaches his head because he tells her to.  He knows how to fly the Engineer ships so it's an incentive for her to do so if she wants to get off the planet.  There's no real reason why she shouldn't comply with his request and it's a reasonable rationale to do so. 

Despite what she has experienced with David, she isn't aware that David is responsible for Holloway's death. 

As far as cryo sleep goes, it's cryo sleep aboard an alien vessel. I'm sure David would help in that regard, too, in understanding the control systems and processes involved.

Just imagine hopping into a hypersleep chamber and seeing all the instructions and user manuals are written in cuneiform.  Good luck setting the timer for breakfast. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

I'd suggest giving the prologue, The Crossing a watch either before or after you see it for more about David and Shaw.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed