A very strong Islam influence with the imagery

Started by germanator2, Apr 26, 2017, 01:07:39 AM

Author
A very strong Islam influence with the imagery (Read 1,825 times)

germanator2

Particularly with the Engineer city. It's probably an amalgamation of religions, as there is Christian imagery as well, but based on the pictures and the info released regarding the Engineer city and the architect, it reminds me of Mecca the most.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Dat Naboo tho

Infected

Nahh more ancient Roman, especially with the citadel in the middle

cliffhanger

Quote from: germanator2 on Apr 26, 2017, 01:07:39 AM
Particularly with the Engineer city. It's probably an amalgamation of religions, as there is Christian imagery as well, but based on the pictures and the info released regarding the Engineer city and the architect, it reminds me of Mecca the most.

lolwut

Infected

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 26, 2017, 06:39:42 AM
Quote from: germanator2 on Apr 26, 2017, 01:07:39 AM

lolwut
Maybe he means Jerusalem, the citadel could work as the golden dome mosque, and knowing Ridley with the bible references, he also is doing this with the look of the city, yeah i can relatie to it now as in Jerusalem look.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

lol, islam and meaning jerusalem instead of mecca, sure.

with rose glasses on, you perhaps can compare mecca with the site, and that's mainly due to the towers around it and the round centre with that device of idol worship in the centre, the black stone. vaguely, in the far distance it has slightly an idea of such.

it is clear roman style architecture, with the statues included, the pillars, etcetera.
the comparison to the vatican is a bit understandable.

but islam? lol. also islam is a religion, not an architecture, or a 'civilization'.

Ancient Rome was a civilization, And had thus Roman architecture.
'The West' is a (modern) civilization. Modern western architecture.
Greek achitecture etc.

Islam influence? I don't see them wearing any hats accordingly, i don't see them weirng traditional robes, i don't see them dancing in circles,
i don't see a mosque, i don't see carpets angled towards what???

perhaps david sees those guys as ISIS and therefore carpetbombs them.

Infected

Well it looks like Jerusalem, if you look at Kingdom of Heaven and take the citadel city, its pretty much possible, there isnt much difference to lol about.
As for islam does have its architecture, from minnarets on the mosques etc there is alot on the web.
Its really not a far fetch.

rabidranger

Weren't the Engineers supposed to have some kind of Sumerian influence or was that just the language? They definitely have an old school aesthetic though (which is interesting).

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Infected on Apr 26, 2017, 06:38:04 AM

Yeah, that was definitely the impression I got too. Looks very classic human.

*sighs and looks off into the distance fantasizing about Giger-esque landscapes*

Pvt. Himmel

Yep i said it first. ;)

lv_226

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 26, 2017, 01:02:06 PM

*sighs and looks off into the distance fantasizing about Giger-esque landscapes*

:'(

Infected

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 26, 2017, 01:02:06 PM

The mosque in Jerusalem has a gold top dome, the engineer dome has also got a gold top.
Its really getting bibical.

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 26, 2017, 01:03:12 PM
Yep i said it first. ;)
Cant hear you mate, headphones and stuff.

But i betcha Mr.H and Hybrid Network will make a vid about this soon :D

cliffhanger

to be honest, that's borderline plagiarism. i even wonder if it's legally possible to act on that, by simply noting the date and posting info of stuff on this forum, and the date of these 'stolen' vids appear and make a case out of it. At the least they could say thanks to the members putting stuff down here in their vids. Or as another one mentioned, share the funds raised.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Infected on Apr 26, 2017, 08:05:11 AM
Maybe he means Jerusalem, the citadel could work as the golden dome mosque, and knowing Ridley with the bible references, he also is doing this with the look of the city, yeah i can relatie to it now as in Jerusalem look.

Quote from: Infected on Apr 26, 2017, 11:49:30 AM
Well it looks like Jerusalem, if you look at Kingdom of Heaven and take the citadel city, its pretty much possible, there isnt much difference to lol about.

From the JoBlo Alien: Covenant set report:

QuoteTHE WAR ROOM: Think an area filled to the brim with miniture models of some of the sets they built (like the impressive exterior of the Engineers Cathedral) production designs, storyboards, pictures to draw from creatively (locations in Jerusalem, Egypt and Mexico)

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/alien-covenant-set-visit-1-what-we-learnedsaw-chat-with-fx-supervisor-128

Jerusalem, the city of David.

Infected

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 26, 2017, 03:43:21 PM
to be honest, that's borderline plagiarism. i even wonder if it's legally possible to act on that, by simply noting the date and posting info of stuff on this forum, and the date of these 'stolen' vids appear and make a case out of it. At the least they could say thanks to the members putting stuff down here in their vids. Or as another one mentioned, share the funds raised.
I was sarcastic about the funds, and besides that i cant prove it, but to me it came across when i looked at the date of the uploads, and our forum debates, was kinda suspicious, but then again maybe when they debated/discussed it and they came to the same conclusion as we did, i dont blame them, its flattering in a way, but mentioned creds would def be appreciated by us members.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 26, 2017, 04:43:12 PM
Quote from: Infected on Apr 26, 2017, 08:05:11 AM

Quote from: Infected on Apr 26, 2017, 11:49:30 AM

From the JoBlo Alien: Covenant set report:

QuoteTHE WAR ROOM: Think an area filled to the brim with miniture models of some of the sets they built (like the impressive exterior of the Engineers Cathedral) production designs, storyboards, pictures to draw from creatively (locations in Jerusalem, Egypt and Mexico)

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/alien-covenant-set-visit-1-what-we-learnedsaw-chat-with-fx-supervisor-128

Jerusalem, the city of David.
Thats awesome, now we have to wait till this info will appear in some Youtube vids :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed