Advance showings??

Started by Space_Dementia, Apr 12, 2017, 09:55:51 PM

Author
Advance showings?? (Read 5,034 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 14, 2017, 02:05:08 PMI'd be surprised if they meant a showing of Covvie on Alien Day. I think it's more likely they mean you get the ticket to the midnight showing on the 11th like the other chains.

I kinda share you dubiousness, but I can't really interpret that any other way than being a screening of the film on 26th April. Gonna send than an email anyway, try and confirm.

Beardomorph

Beardomorph

Yeah, but the synopsis isn't subject to misinterpretation...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

They've changed that. It definitely didn't say that when I booked.

They've also now altered the booking page to have the actual showing of Covenant on the 11th as a separate option.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Perhaps to save any of this kind of confusion. That's definitely in line with what the other chains are doing.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

I have my super ticket booked with the odeon. I dunno if any of you guys have any idea, but i'd presume the Covenant showing on the 11th is a midnight screening?

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Ok, when I ordered the ticket there was NO information about screenings of Prometheus and Alien Directors cut. It just said Alien: Covenant, (just like in a screen shot a few posts up). This was found by just going into the 'Coming Soon' section of the VUE website. It advertised the tickets at the time of booking as being Alien Covenant, I message VUE to confirm this was a advance showing and they actually confirmed this... Then a day later I tweet them when i started reading that its not what I thought it was and in fact a double bill of Prometheus and Alien. They message me back saying exactly what some of you guys found out... so yeah very misleading.

We still get Alien Covenant early... just a day though. The 10th.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Space_Dementia on Apr 16, 2017, 12:56:45 AMOk, when I ordered the ticket there was NO information about screenings of Prometheus and Alien Directors cut. It just said Alien: Covenant, (just like in a screen shot a few posts up). This was found by just going into the 'Coming Soon' section of the VUE website. It advertised the tickets at the time of booking as being Alien Covenant, I message VUE to confirm this was a advance showing and they actually confirmed this... Then a day later I tweet them when i started reading that its not what I thought it was and in fact a double bill of Prometheus and Alien. They message me back saying exactly what some of you guys found out... so yeah very misleading.

Yeah, it really was.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

The odeon page was pretty good. Had a full breakdown of what the evening will entail. Though it just hasn't stated what time the advanced screening of Covenant will take place at on 11th. Im assuming midnight.

Citadel

Citadel

Got my super ticket booked up with Odeon (metrocentre).

You just can't beat that price. £20 each for Alien: DC, Prometheus, and Covenant a day early, plus posters. You'd spend more than that just for Covenant on the 12th.

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Apr 15, 2017, 11:06:49 AM
I have my super ticket booked with the odeon. I dunno if any of you guys have any idea, but i'd presume the Covenant showing on the 11th is a midnight screening?

I think I read somewhere it's an 8:30pm showing. Don't hold me on that.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 14, 2017, 02:05:08 PM
I'd be surprised if they meant a showing of Covvie on Alien Day. I think it's more likely they mean you get the ticket to the midnight showing on the 11th like the other chains.

This is exactly what it says on the websites. You get your ticket on Alien Day, you then keep your ticket for free entry into Covenant on release.

Evanus

Evanus

Seems like we only get to see the introduction from Ridley Scott, Alien and the sneak peek from Alien: Covenant in my country.  :-\

Still nice that I finally get to see Alien on the big screen!

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

So they aren't doing screenings in the states?

EDIT: Just saw the Alien Universe site with an updated list of screenings here

Anthony

Anthony

Why no showings in Arizona?

fiveways

fiveways

We are getting Alien and Aliens in Canada (and I had to dig to even find that out).  No mention of Alien Covenant anything.  I'm not sure if I'm even going to bother.  I can just read the breakdown of the scenes on here.

EDIT:  That was for 2016.  The movie chain sites in Canada sucks.  So far, it looks like we are getting dick all.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Where can you buy the tickets? I went to the link that was given and clicked on order tickets, but it didn't bring up anything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed