Arnold talks about The Predator

Started by The Wolverine Predator, Apr 05, 2017, 09:50:01 PM

Author
Arnold talks about The Predator (Read 75,402 times)

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 07, 2017, 09:49:05 PM
Arnold's doing what most stars do - ask for a role to be made bigger so they can star in the movie. It's standard procedure and I get it, but that doesn't mean the film has to accommodate that request.
Exactly, if he was doing better as of late with his star power and recent films, maybe he'd be in a position to where they'd accommodate his terms, but I don't see that being the case.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 07, 2017, 09:54:06 PM
Arnold's doing what most stars do - ask for a role to be made bigger so they can star in the movie. It's standard procedure and I get it, but that doesn't mean the film has to accommodate that request.
Exactly, if he was doing better as of late with his star power and recent films, maybe he'd be in a position to where they'd accommodate his terms, but I don't see that being the case.
I wouldn't have given him the lead at 69-70 yrs old either and he's my favorite actor because of Predator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

lol I don't think Arnold has a burning desire to be in The Predator, to the point where he'll be super proactive in getting at least a strong supporting role. Nor does Shane have a burning desire to have him star. If this was 2003 Arnold, the climate might be very different. Arnold doesn't need it and vice versa.

Slide it across his desk and if he likes it, great. If he doesn't, great. Rewrite it and he'll join, great. No? Great.

kirscheim

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 07, 2017, 08:06:42 PM

And 'Maggie' was quite possibly his single best dramatic performance yet. The film dragged, but he was great.

i liked maggie quite a lot.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 07, 2017, 10:05:40 PM

lol I don't think Arnold has a burning desire to be in The Predator, to the point where he'll be super proactive in getting at least a strong supporting role. Nor does Shane have a burning desire to have him star. If this was 2003 Arnold, the climate might be very different. Arnold doesn't need it and vice versa.

Slide it across his desk and if he likes it, great. If he doesn't, great. Rewrite it and he'll join, great. No? Great.

Yes that's a very good point, both parties are more than likely content either way.

acrediblesource

IMHO, if this media bit is to seriously get Arnold into a role and have  a whole re-write I'm game even if it delays the movie for another year or so.

newagescamartist

Quote from: acrediblesource on Apr 08, 2017, 01:57:03 AM
IMHO, if this media bit is to seriously get Arnold into a role and have  a whole re-write I'm game even if it delays the movie for another year or so.

They already started filming I believe. We don't need this to turn into Jurassic Park 3 where they're literally writing the script around action set pieces.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: newagescamartist on Apr 08, 2017, 03:57:59 AM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Apr 08, 2017, 01:57:03 AM

They already started filming I believe. We don't need this to turn into Jurassic Park 3 where they're literally writing the script around action set pieces.

They've been filming since February 20th

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Dan on Apr 07, 2017, 08:28:33 PM
So i cant understand why Arnold complaining  to appear as a cliffhanger in the movie which could lead to the sequel for a bigger part for him.

The version of it I was told about wouldn't have led to him appearing in a sequel. Quite the opposite.

skhellter

? He was gonna die?
???

Kurai

Kurai

I hope the film does well and that the meat of the film is better than its' 90's live action Disney adventure bones. Maybe then we'll get Dutch for Predator 5.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 08, 2017, 10:42:19 PM
Quote from: Dan on Apr 07, 2017, 08:28:33 PM
So i cant understand why Arnold complaining  to appear as a cliffhanger in the movie which could lead to the sequel for a bigger part for him.

The version of it I was told about wouldn't have led to him appearing in a sequel. Quite the opposite.

We have seen very different versions. Arnold's dialogue might as well be 'come with me if you want to live'. (It's not for the record, just in that vein.)

I know of no version of the script in which Dutch dies. That said I have only seen one draft.

dallevalle

you know the movie will suck when even Arnold turns it down

PRJ_since1990

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed