Arnold talks about The Predator

Started by The Wolverine Predator, Apr 05, 2017, 09:50:01 PM

Author
Arnold talks about The Predator (Read 70,426 times)

The Wolverine Predator

Found this online today, looks like he's not in it for sure

I will bet this will piss a bunch of people off concerning his comments about the upcoming movie

Here's the link to read yourselves

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/movies/arnold-schwarzenegger-talks-new-movie-aftermath-plus-predator-twins-conan-updates-195430705.html

skhellter

skhellter

the relevant quote:

My all-time favorite film of yours is Predator, and Shane Black is now rebooting the franchise with The Predator. Are you involved with it in any way?

They asked me, and I read it, and I didn't like it — whatever they offered. So I'm not going to do that, no. Except if there's a chance that they rewrite it, or make it a more significant role. But the way it is now, no, I won't do that.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

I understand why he hated the script. It sucks.

BishopShouldGo

Shane, you should have made his role more significant... :-\

I WANT DUTCH

ThePredatorUK

I don't think he liked his role in the movie rather than not liking the script at all (hopefully)  ???

Stealth_Hunter

But he liked the script to the last Terminator and that Jackie Chan movie? Nah, he's just not liking that he wasn't offered a substantial role.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: ThePredatorUK on Apr 05, 2017, 11:33:41 PM
I don't think he liked his role in the movie rather than not liking the script at all (hopefully)  ???

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 05, 2017, 11:45:06 PM
But he liked the script to the last Terminator and that Jackie Chan movie? Nah, he's just not liking that he wasn't offered a substantial role.

That's what I think too, he didn't like the role he was given.

QuoteThey asked me, and I read it, and I didn't like it — whatever they offered. So I'm not going to do that, no. Except if there's a chance that they rewrite it, or make it a more significant role. But the way it is now, no, I won't do that.

This gives me the impression he'll do the film if Dutch was given a more significant role. I bet it's the "Dutch in an advisory role" that many people speculated on that he's not keen in doing.

Oh well, there's no loss, we still get Predators in the film. Arnie's only been in one movie and isn't that significant to the franchise as a whole. All it needs is an interesting story and characters.

SpeedyMaxx

The role as I know it is a very very brief cameo, implied to be bigger in future films.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was lying.

skhellter

It was just going to be a few seconds at the end, right?
2 lines at most.

SpeedyMaxx

As I said, very very brief.

I will say that I think given what both Predator and Black did for Arnold's career (Black was an uncredited writer on the original film, which is part of the reason he was brought in as an actor), and given the amount of other schlock Arnold has done lately, I think making an appearance for the fans and the franchise is the least he could do. Especially since Dutch's scripted appearance is largely a springboard for future films in the new mythos Black and Dekker have set up, and certainly implies a major role going forward.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 06, 2017, 01:53:51 AM
The role as I know it is a very very brief cameo, implied to be bigger in future films.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was lying.

So are you implying Black will be doing other Predator films?

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Apr 06, 2017, 02:53:53 AM

I think it's very possible Black and/or Dekker will based on the ending of the story. The additions to the mythos and the final scenes set up a huge new horizon for the franchise. Assuming it is successful and they are willing.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 06, 2017, 02:56:27 AM
Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Apr 06, 2017, 02:53:53 AM

I think it's very possible Black and/or Dekker will based on the ending of the story. The additions to the mythos and the final scenes setup a huge new horizon for the franchise. Assuming it is successful and they are willing.
It would be nice to actually have the franchise going strong with more movies that aren't all crossovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyMaxx

I think it depends a great deal on whether the studio doesn't panic or get cold feet based on geek reaction to the film, which I think is very possible - I still expect an Iron Man 3 deeply polarized audience reaction - and also whether they're willing to let Black and/or Fred Dekker take the reins and more control, if one or both want to continue. Shane Black is gonna stay Shane Black but this is a bit of a comeback for his partner Dekker, who's had a rough ride over the years. Anyway, who knows.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 06, 2017, 03:01:30 AM
I think it depends a great deal on whether the studio doesn't panic or get cold feet based on geek reaction to the film, which I think is very possible - I still expect an Iron Man 3 deeply polarized audience reaction - and also whether they're willing to let Black and/or Fred Dekker take the reins and more control, if one or both want to continue. Shane Black is gonna stay Shane Black but this is a bit of a comeback for his partner Dekker, who's had a rough ride over the years. Anyway, who knows.
Yeah I expect haters no matter what, I think even with Dekker having a rough ride lately, but hopefully will be different teamed back up with Black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed