[Spoilers] Shaw's role in the film?

Started by bacchus, Mar 01, 2017, 03:17:55 PM

Author
[Spoilers] Shaw's role in the film? (Read 87,234 times)

bacchus

bacchus

Has it actually been confirmed anywhere that Shaw is dead in the film? I know there have been a couple of test screenings.

If not, does anyone else think that we're being misdirected by the trailers? We know that Noomi Rapace filmed for several weeks (which could relate to a substantial amount of on-screen time), and that the production company tried to keep her presence there under wraps for a while and not publicize it.

I really was hoping (still hoping..), that Shaw had secretly been learning to survive/hiding out on the planet for the last ten years and appears in the final third of the film to help Daniels, like how Laurence Fishburne's character had survived for so long in Predators.

I just feel like we're being deliberately lead down a certain path at the moment, and that Shaw might make a surprise appearance still alive..

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/820159-our-visit-to-the-alien-covenant-set#/slide/1

QuoteTo see the full-scale Space Jockey set is awe-inspiring. The end of it was lit up, and there were also those signature Giger bio-organic tunnels all around the set. Entering these tunnels we are struck by how ridged, bony and dark they are. A woman is adding paint to texture it, very detailed. A little nook where Shaw is hiding out in makeshift quarters holds a bed and a rack of human space suits behind a plastic curtain. We see Fassbender's body with something around its neck.

So we know that Shaw survived on the planet for at least some period of time.

cliffhanger

in the other thread (set topic) it is mentioned shaw was hiding in some makeshift human quarters, which suggests that when the crew arrives, she probably will be still alive, allthough there's always the possibility she was hiding and david got to her in the end.

10 years is a long time after all to hide. not impossible, but a tad unlikely.

i personally don't think she'll survive. i think personally, she'll try to escape and in the end, david will get her and she'll get probably facehugged,
and the xeno in david's mad scientist lab is 'shaw's son' is my gut feeling.

shawsbaby

I don't think they would spoil her whereabouts in the set visit or be allowed to print it, so I'm guessing
Spoiler
,as per spoilers, she is indeed dead in the film and we just see her fate - David killing her? - in flashback
[close]

Beardomorph

What is really strange is that although they apparently intended for Shaw's presence in the movie to be a surprise, there are a couple of really spoilery bits about her in the various set reports that were just published today. You'd really think they would have completely embargoed anything related to Shaw if they had still wanted to keep some of the surprises.
It doesn't happen very often these days but I am really hoping there is a big surprise coming up when the movie is released. I hope they have a good twist for us regarding Shaw, and that she has a lot more screen time than what we're expecting. A well-kept surprise like that all the way to the release date would be amazing  :)

cliffhanger

shaw alive in 10 years confirmed

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/03/01/4-things-you-need-to-know-about-alien-covenant

Fassbender will return as David, the unknowable robot who has been stuck on an alien planet with Shaw (Noomi Rapace) for 10 years following the events of Prometheus

Pvt. Himmel

Shaw's presence in Alien: Covenant....

QuoteNoomi Rapace's involvement in Alien: Covenant was meant to be kept secret but after her involvement leaked, Fox had to admit she would be in the film. However, we are assured her role will be quite a surprise... From the set visit:

One piece of art that I kept going back to was a Giger-esque drawing of Shaw's head (Noomi Rapace) surrounded by bio-mechanical tubes, as if she was mutating into something (I thought the first Xenomorph from ALIEN perhaps?). I was surprised they would let such a picture out there for us to see – so keep that in mind, it may be sly misdirection on the Studio's part.

So... Could she be the xeno we have seen in trailer??

Infected

Ridley showed us "a lot" in the trailer, that is to the extend of what we think we know about the movie.
We saw the xenomorph and we think that is the climax of it all, but lets be honest no director/producer will reveal his trumph card
in a trailer.
There could be a surprise waiting in the shadows for us, maybe a help from Rapace in the end maybe a gruwesome detail about Shaw,
maybe even a bigger xenomorph, but i dont think we have seen the big kahuna yet. (no matter what test screening leaks said)

My view on this is: the away team gets rekt big time, Billy gets facehugged by the egg in the trailer by or David or a Walter.
Billy gives birth to the xeno. Covenant sends rescue team, the rescue team makes it to the citadel ( then you see the scene with the xeno coming from the ceiling) the black guy was on the Covenant and now on the run from that xeno, althoug he sits there with someone else who is not reckognizable, only the body with the open chest wich could be the horror reveal of what David has been up to.
They fight that xeno on the planet maybe defeat it and maybe not, but on the Covenant it emerges again in the shower, and they fight it again, but this time i think it will be the final act, if its not the same as the one on the planet then its a new one, and maybe the ending is,
the embryos on the Covenant are all infected, so that ending is probably gonna be shocking, and who will survive and who wont.

cliffhanger

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 01, 2017, 03:58:16 PM
Shaw's presence in Alien: Covenant....

QuoteNoomi Rapace's involvement in Alien: Covenant was meant to be kept secret but after her involvement leaked, Fox had to admit she would be in the film. However, we are assured her role will be quite a surprise... From the set visit:

One piece of art that I kept going back to was a Giger-esque drawing of Shaw's head (Noomi Rapace) surrounded by bio-mechanical tubes, as if she was mutating into something (I thought the first Xenomorph from ALIEN perhaps?). I was surprised they would let such a picture out there for us to see – so keep that in mind, it may be sly misdirection on the Studio's part.

So... Could she be the xeno we have seen in trailer??

i think she might be the xeno we see in david's madscientist lab. MIGHT. if that's what theyré heading for.
after all, billy crudup is going to get his chest popped with a xeno, and i think that timespan will be too short
for a full grown xeno to appear there, but i could be wrong.

it also is mentioned that there will be 2 xenos atleast, 1 will fly towards the covenant orbiter, whilst another will get shot or fall off the 'lander'.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

She was easily my least favorite thing about Prometheus. I hope she is subject to Horrific experimentation and is Gigered

rabidranger

I think Shaw ends up the original "egg layer" so to speak.

ebbhead40

We know from Prometheus that shaw cannot have children, so maybe David tries to "fix" that somehow using the goop.. then the eggs? Didn't think she was amazing in Promy, but she was a better character than Holloway who was just a hateful twat all the way through until he got flame throwered. Would be great if she popped up alive at some point though.

harlequinade

I thought it was odd how none of the leaks spoke what specifically happened to her

Spoiler
one noted we see her falling asleep and David smiling insidiously

maybe her scene when it was revealed what she became was not in test screenings to keep it from getting spoiled?
[close]

shawsbaby

Quote from: harlequinade on Mar 01, 2017, 08:10:55 PM
I thought it was odd how none of the leaks spoke what specifically happened to her

Spoiler

maybe her scene when it was revealed what she became was not in test screenings to keep it from getting spoiled?
[close]

This is possible - and would be really smart. Of course, the site visits were pre-supposed reshoots, so it's possible they changed course and we don't see anything more than
Spoiler
Shaw's supposed hiding spot
[close]

Glaive

Glaive

Spoiler

[close]

I LOVE the word 'insidiously' in the morning...it SMELLS LIKE...Victor Ward...

harlequinade

Quote from: shawsbaby on Mar 01, 2017, 08:15:31 PM

Spoiler

[close]

This is possible - and would be really smart. Of course, the site visits were pre-supposed reshoots, so it's possible they changed course and we don't see anything more than
Spoiler
Shaw's supposed hiding spot
[close]

still it would be such a waste....

Spoiler
if she is really in it so little they should really make sure the audience remembers it and Alien/Shaw hybrid would be extremely creepy. at least she would get a memorable hybrid instead of being like a ghost with dog tags left behind and empty hiding place
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed