Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 91,985 times)

Hubbs

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 01, 2017, 05:31:23 PM
Shit Hubbs, never seen you post in any of the alien subforums before. Congrats!  :laugh:

Honesty I keep forgetting there are sub forums for these two franchises lol!

I go searching in the movie forum for the film and wonder why I can't find anything. Then I'm like...oh riiight.

Cpt. Pike

Cpt. Pike

Prometheus didn't have enough aliens in it ::) This has too much aliens in it, I don't like this because blah blah blah. Drew your arguments up as sophisticated as you want buy at the end of the day it's just nitpicking and whining. Need I remind you, it's Scott's franchise to do as he pleases. As far as I'm concerned all the ideas I've read from you people on this website of how these movies should play out in your minds, is more garbage than anything Scott has presented. Hints why none of you will ever make a movie.

They will NEVER be able to duplicate the scariness of Alien as its already been done.

The space jockey was never to be elaborated on in the first place, it was a set piece, so it's up to Scott to decide what to do with it without your opinion, and he has done a fine job. The size discrepancy argument is stupid as the only way to make them that big without a man in a suit would be cgi which you would whine about as well.

Daylight is a thing, the alien isn't a mystery anymore so to see it outside is not that far of a stretch.

So what if Dave made the Xenos. Later maybe they go on to  become what they are in aliens, without any help from anyone. Again not your choice to make and way better than some stupid planet with them as a part of the ecosystem like an ant. James Cameron screwed up the mystery of alien if you want to point the figure with the introduction of the queen. He was flying under the bigger is better motto to out do the first movie and sell tickets. Just to be clear I like the queen but it WAS the down fall and the ultimate softening of the alien into cannon fodder.

The CGI looks fine. It's not like they will be skimping on it and using a sub pat company. I'm sure they will smooth out any wrinkles and I'm sure there is still a man in the suit for the appropriate shots. But it's doesn't work for everything and unless you want to have a movie full of slow moving, boring aliens like in Alien, this will do fine. I'm sure if the tech was there in 1979 to explore more ideas like this Scott would have done it. They were limited and that's why they hid most of it most of the time. The time of not showing something to be scary is gone. The majority of the audiences don't want that cause it doesn't work especially in this case. We know what the alien is already.

To think that the blompkamp hack job project would be any different, is foolish. They had a stupid biomech suit in the concepts that screams of a 90s toy line. That movie is gonna be the real garbage, just like those awful AVP movies.

Scott's trying to explore deeper ideas than, "oh look an alien home world that looks like every other Giger drawing with wild aliens running around! Let's take off and nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!" Two hours of shooting pulse rifles and running away from aliens and then a queen at the end. Been there done that, and while it was fun, it gets old. Go watch Aliens over and over if you want that. That movie spoiled most of you and your ideas of what is or isn't an Alien movie.

Now there is nothing I can say to convince you people to like this film and it's your right not to. But ALL, ALL of your reasoning for doing so is childish, and holds no weight whatsoever. Its all just fanboy whining because you didn't get your way. If you had valid arguments then it be a different case. Why not instead of looking for stuff not to like appreciate the fact they are even making another film?

You people expect too much. It's a movie, nothing more nothing less.

Vermillion

Quote from: Rankles75 on Mar 01, 2017, 01:13:59 PM
So, how did David get a new body again? [emoji6]

He merged his biomechanical head onto a engineer's that he was experimenting on.

Just like Frankenstein

Look into my eye

Quote from: Cpt. Pike on Mar 01, 2017, 05:35:12 PM
Prometheus didn't have enough aliens in it ::) This has too much aliens in it, I don't like this because blah blah blah. Drew your arguments up as sophisticated as you want buy at the end of the day it's just nitpicking and whining. Need I remind you, it's Scott's franchise to do as he pleases. As far as I'm concerned all the ideas I've read from you people on this website of how these movies should play out in your minds, is more garbage than anything Scott has presented. Hints why none of you will ever make a movie.

They will NEVER be able to duplicate the scariness of Alien as its already been done.

The space jockey was never to be elaborated on in the first place, it was a set piece, so it's up to Scott to decide what to do with it without your opinion, and he has done a fine job. The size discrepancy argument is stupid as the only way to make them that big without a man in a suit would be cgi which you would whine about as well.

Daylight is a thing, the alien isn't a mystery anymore so to see it outside is not that far of a stretch.

So what if Dave made the Xenos. Later maybe they go on to  become what they are in aliens, without any help from anyone. Again not your choice to make and way better than some stupid planet with them as a part of the ecosystem like an ant. James Cameron screwed up the mystery of alien if you want to point the figure with the introduction of the queen. He was flying under the bigger is better motto to out do the first movie and sell tickets. Just to be clear I like the queen but it WAS the down fall and the ultimate softening of the alien into cannon fodder.

The CGI looks fine. It's not like they will be skimping on it and using a sub pat company. I'm sure they will smooth out any wrinkles and I'm sure there is still a man in the suit for the appropriate shots. But it's doesn't work for everything and unless you want to have a movie full of slow moving, boring aliens like in Alien, this will do fine. I'm sure if the tech was there in 1979 to explore more ideas like this Scott would have done it. They were limited and that's why they hid most of it most of the time. The time of not showing something to be scary is gone. The majority of the audiences don't want that cause it doesn't work especially in this case. We know what the alien is already.

To think that the blompkamp hack job project would be any different, is foolish. They had a stupid biomech suit in the concepts that screams of a 90s toy line. That movie is gonna be the real garbage, just like those awful AVP movies.

Scott's trying to explore deeper ideas than, "oh look an alien home world that looks like every other Giger drawing with wild aliens running around! Let's take off and nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!" Two hours of shooting pulse rifles and running away from aliens and then a queen at the end. Been there done that, and while it was fun, it gets old. Go watch Aliens over and over if you want that. That movie spoiled most of you and your ideas of what is or isn't an Alien movie.

Now there is nothing I can say to convince you people to like this film and it's your right not to. But ALL, ALL of your reasoning for doing so is childish, and holds no weight whatsoever. Its all just fanboy whining because you didn't get your way. If you had valid arguments then it be a different case. Why not instead of looking for stuff not to like appreciate the fact they are even making another film?

Best post I've read all day, well said sir.

Russ840

Lol. Harsh assessment but I tend to agree with your rant on a whole Cap. Pike. Not sure that being personal about a group of people is the way to go about it but I can't fault your sentiments. I think there are a lot of people that should be happy we are getting a new Alien movie and a Predator one for that matter. Judge when you have seen the film is what I say.

I am hopeful.

Vermillion

Cameron screwed nothing up!  He was about to expand and hook people into the Alien universe.

The canon and mystery are being degraded with each subsequent film.  Scott and the AVP films are killing or have killed its terror.

Kailem

Very cool trailer! Definitely prefer it over the red band one. I like the look of the Alien, classic and yet new, and the brief glimpse of the Neomorph looks interesting too.

I still have some reservations about *possible* story elements, but going purely by that trailer, I'm excited!

newagescamartist

Quote from: Vermillion on Mar 01, 2017, 05:56:49 PM
Cameron screwed nothing up!  He was about to expand and hook people into the Alien universe.

The canon and mystery are being degraded with each subsequent film.  Scott and the AVP films are killing or have killed its terror.

How was Cameron going to expand? I'm guessing we're better off without his expansion anyhow.

Kurai

Loved this trailer!

I only have one little nitpick. They cut Daniels' speech from the prologue to make it sound like they were the first EVER colony expedition, rather than the first to go this deep into the galaxy. Is that just to add engineered gravity to their expedition, the trailer people didn't think that their mission was amazing enough? I don't know, just a weird cut that irks me since it doesn't do anything but make me wonder what else is cut in a twisted manner to change the meaning.

Infected

Did anybody said whinning... lol

Predaker

That was a little better than the previous trailers.

Not digging the CGI of the alien, so far. That immediately stood out to me and was off putting.

Looks like the crew is too dumb to wear helmets on an alien planet and the subsequent spore infection shows exactly why that is. Is Walter supposed to be programmed to keep humans from harm? Maybe he'll warn them and they just tell him off. "Helmets?? C'mon Walter, don't be such a buzzkill. We got this, bro!"

Aside from Fassbender, the entire cast seems bland and forgettable. Little more than warm bodies for aliens to infect/kill, and/or for David to do more experiments on. Also I think Danny Mcbride was a poor choice to cast for an Alien film. They might as well have gotten someone like Tom Green or Pauly Shore to pilot the Covenant.

Russ840

Quote from: Predaker on Mar 01, 2017, 06:35:07 PM
That was a little better than the previous trailers.

Not digging the CGI of the alien, so far. That immediately stood out to me and was off putting.

Looks like the crew is too dumb to wear helmets on an alien planet and the subsequent spore infection shows exactly why that is. Is Walter supposed to be programmed to keep humans from harm? Maybe he'll warn them and they just tell him off. "Helmets?? C'mon Walter, don't be such a buzzkill. We got this, bro!"

Aside from Fassbender, the entire cast seems bland and forgettable. Little more than warm bodies for aliens to infect/kill, and/or for David to do more experiments on. Also I think Danny Mcbride was a poor choice to cast for an Alien film. They might as well have gotten someone like Tom Green or Pauly Shore to pilot the Covenant.

I personally think Mcbride is gonna own this roll

OmarVel1692

You sir are the light in this forum...I'm tired of the ALIENS fanboys who think that Cameron did something good, that movie was just yankee brainless action. Bland characters, awful disneysque ending, the xenomorph reduced to a space ant.  That movie became old very very fast. And Bloomkamps attemp on the franchise was ridiculous, I'm so glad that never gonna happen soon...the guy has only one good movie, the rest has been the same formula but doing it badly.

dlb

Quote from: newagescamartist on Mar 01, 2017, 06:15:10 PM
Quote from: Vermillion on Mar 01, 2017, 05:56:49 PM

How was Cameron going to expand? I'm guessing we're better off without his expansion anyhow.

turning the Alien into an infestation and bug hunt already f**ked up the mystery behind the creature. Aliens was undeniably a great movie but did nothing to eastblish the myth even further and followed a typical sequel formula. more action, bigger, louder and not really better.

liamatkin

liamatkin

you Sir have completely knocked it out the park!! I couldn't agree with you more! Cameron just wanted to remake Alien but turned up to 11. I do still enjoy the film but 1 & 3 are my favourites and I am excited to see what Ridley has done with Covenant.   

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed