Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 91,876 times)

x-M-x

Quote from: cliffhanger on Mar 01, 2017, 02:32:58 PM
the dogtag IS THAT OF SHAW?! thats BS right there. it has her name!

Christ, i had to double take on that, yea it clearly says.

DR. E. SHAW on it.

stroggificated

I think that is the closest to the original design of "Kane's son" you will ever get, so i don't have to moan for a change.

Adorianu

Showing this protomorph in the day light with those CGI was bad idea for me,where is mystery and more subtle stuff.

Gates

So much better than the first trailer...

I can't believe I'm saying this, 'cause I'm a biomech whore, but I'm really digging the alien...

And the way it moves!  It has a sort of flow to it that strikes me as otherworldly...

I like...

cliffhanger

i disagree. it looks much different.

very long fingers.

i hate the eyesockets, they are lower, and wider positioned, and the 'dome' on the head looks like it's 'floppy' and caving into the sockets.
it has much thinner arms and legs, and a much wider chest area, the dorsal spikes on the back are positioned much wider, the tail looks
much much different and very thin, it has very fleshy arms, neck and face area, and it acts much more animal-like and uncalculated.

'big chap' was much more calculated, much more biomechanical, and looked to me much more menacing.

i know i'm being all negative about it but its just how i feel and see it. hugely disappoint.

Evanus

The Protomorph looks too much like an insect, in my opinion. I also don't like how you can see it so clearly. But, it does look creepy.

Walter

NEW

HuDaFuK

Quote from: cliffhanger on Mar 01, 2017, 03:15:18 PM'big chap' was much more calculated, much more biomechanical, and looked to me much more menacing.

I always thought the original looked kinda silly when you finally saw it was just a guy in a suit - Scott kept it hidden for the majority of the film for a reason. So I love the more spindly design they've gone for here.

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 01, 2017, 03:16:18 PMThe Protomorph looks too much like an insect, in my opinion. I also don't like how you can see it so clearly.

I'd hardly say you see it clearly. It's briefly glimpsed thrashing about.

jh123987

I'll reserve judgment for the final film, as I've learned not to trust trailers.  That said, this trailer does nothing to assuage my feelings about this film.  It looks like a story we've seen a thousand times before, and the CGI looks like hot garbage.

Rudiger

So how long between Covenant and Prometheus do we think? Shaw's ship looks pretty overgrown, so unless David has her tucked up in stasis somewhere, she's probably long gone.

And I guess the company must have been up to its old tricks. I mean, what are the odds of finding Shaw's planet - and Shaw's ship - purely by chance?

hfeldhaus

The presence of wheat means Shaw could have survived on the planet with David.

Spoiler
Plus she has her own "bedroom" in the citadel, so she must have been alive for some time.
[close]

cliffhanger

Quote from: Rudiger on Mar 01, 2017, 03:28:49 PM
So how long between Covenant and Prometheus do we think? Shaw's ship looks pretty overgrown, so unless David has her tucked up in stasis somewhere, she's probably long gone.

And I guess the company must have been up to its old tricks. I mean, what are the odds of finding Shaw's planet - and Shaw's ship - purely by chance?

i guess you've missed a lot.

they dont find shaws planet, they recieve a message or a signal and go there instead.
and it's been confirmed 10 years between prometheus and covenant.

Naked Dave

Naked Dave

Soooo... David makes the alien?
How did the egg come?
And if he made them, and the egg, then what does that do to the canon of the Queen?
How'd the eggs get on the original ship in Alien? By David?
Obviously these are unanswered, but if it's true David made them, it diminishes the importance and need of the queen. The idea of, "hey I have some goo, I'll play around with it and conveniently make this egg that turns into a xeno and can mutate into a queen," is ridiculous.

Kimo

Didn't Ridley say in the past when he wanted to get away from linking up to Alien that the classic xeno (Covenant's now proto?) has been done to death on the big screen and that the scare Factor has gone for the big old chap? If true im ok with it being showed in full in daylight in this trailer because I'm getting the impression that the Neomorphs will be the scary ones that Scott wants to shock the audience with. Just a guess but I'm thinking This Proto alien will be the red herring of this movie. But I have to say I love what Scott has done with the classic/proto alien it looks evil.

Infected

Quote from: aliennaire on Mar 01, 2017, 12:56:17 PM
Quote from: Infected on Mar 01, 2017, 12:02:45 PM
...and the focus is gonna be on David, so pulling out that conclusion it might seem to head towards David being the creator of it all,
wich is for most fans the worst case scenario of the whole engineer/jockey mystery.
Straying away from the Space Jockey mystery is what undermined - to a certain level - the story told in Prometheus to me. Arriving at the 'David's creatures and where to find them' type of story five years later might be even more unsatisfying.

Don't get me wrong, it's fascinating to explore how someone with the mind, completely different from yours, ticks and Fassbender has given so much 'flesh' to his role. However hinging the plot around the android and using him as a link between two movies outstrips the significance of other characters together, being used mainly for body countdown effect. Wasn't so hyped about Shaw, but I still hope we either see her at some point alive or learn she had a decent end.

Great trailer by the way! Even the flexible dorsal tubes are growing on me- this way Alien can move nimbly without breaking them or getting stuck in the places where it cannot fit :-)
I agree on that, the part that holded everything together as a mystery was ripped apart by the outcome of the so called space jockey aka the engineer, it was proof or just stupidity to not understand your own franchise and mystery, to me the jockey scene in Alien before Prometheus, was maybe even more important then the whole xenomorph stuff.
And then building on Fassbender because he was magnificent in Prometheus as David is imo another flaw and another stupid choice,
and therefor not understanding your own franchise and the mystery that holds it together.
If you go on what i just said you can expect a good movie but it will not deliver us fans of what we hope and want from the franchise,
most likely a lot of superficial action survival horror with non to little in depth of Shaw and the engineers.
Im not dissing the movie but lets not expect much of the things we waited 30 years for.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed