Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 155,481 times)

Jigsaw85

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2018, 08:34:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MGchLolnjA

I've not had a chance to watch through it yet but from chatting to Mr_H before he posted this it's detailing the leaked draft that was circulated.

Wait, so the predators are just hunting us for our DNA so they can inject themselves with it to make themselves stronger? So they're just glorified steroid junkies? I thought they were injecting themselves with DNA so they can adapt to Earth, which is it?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jan 09, 2018, 02:12:09 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2018, 08:34:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MGchLolnjA

I've not had a chance to watch through it yet but from chatting to Mr_H before he posted this it's detailing the leaked draft that was circulated.

Wait, so the predators are just hunting us for our DNA so they can inject themselves with it to make themselves stronger? So they're just glorified steroid junkies? I thought they were injecting themselves with DNA so they can adapt to Earth, which is it?

Yes it was the case in the script, but apparently they watered it down (or even totally suppressed it) in the projection test screening.

OpenMaw

It's good if they did because that's a pretty silly idea.

Hemi

Dreadlock space warrior with crabmouth can be regarded as silly too btw, ask my mom... destroyer of my inner childhood fanboy back in the 80s...

OpenMaw

Well, execution is most of everything.

But it doesn't hurt to have a solid idea to start from.

It's a silly idea, to me, because it's another example of trying to humanize an alien creature, or connect them to us in some "deeper" way which is not needed.

The Predators have always hunted us simply because it was fun for them to do so.

Original Predator

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 09, 2018, 05:30:42 PM

The Predators have always hunted us simply because it was fun for them to do so.

Which in reality has always made the best "monster/creature/etc..."

"Just because" or "because it can/wants to" is reason enough and makes things that much more creepy. 

I've always been a less-is-more guy when it comes to creatures as unique as the Predator.  Leave the rest to my own imagination. 

Master

No, now everything must be explained.

Doomofman

Doomofman

I doubt people will agree with me but I don't think one idea is really worse than to other (in regards to hunting for sport or hunting for dna) It's like people who hunt endangered species for sport vs people who hunt them for some medicinal purpose, they're both pretty stupid...

It's basically Space Rednecks vs Space Junkies  :-\

Edit: I feel I should clarify. I think both ideas are as silly as each other had they been the initial premise set out in the first movie. However, the DNA idea is f**king atrocious when taken in context of the already existing movies. It makes P1 and P2 make no god damn sense. If they need our dna, why hunt us at all? They've got space ships surely it's be way less effort to just abduct people like regular old aliens and have their way with them. It'd be like sending a cancer patient to a jungle to hunt soldiers for their chemotherapy treatment...

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 09, 2018, 11:38:59 PM
I doubt people will agree with me but I don't think one idea is really worse than to other (in regards to hunting for sport or hunting for dna) It's like people who hunt endangered species for sport vs people who hunt them for some medicinal purpose, they're both pretty stupid...

Edit: I feel I should clarify. I think both ideas are as silly as each other had they been the initial premise set out in the first movie. However, the DNA idea is f**king atrocious when taken in context of the already existing movies. It makes P1 and P2 make no god damn sense. If they need our dna, why hunt us at all? They've got space ships surely it's be way less effort to just abduct people like regular old aliens and have their way with them. It'd be like sending a cancer patient to a jungle to hunt soldiers for their chemotherapy treatment...

Because apparently they are still doing it for sport too

Doomofman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 10, 2018, 01:52:11 AM
Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 09, 2018, 11:38:59 PM

Because apparently they are still doing it for sport too

I guess it works if the two aren't mutually inclusive... They've always come here for their DNA, maybe they used to just kidnap people and extract their DNA and then the more 'out there' members of their society decided it would be more fun to hunt them..

But I think, and I haven't read the draft so I can't say for sure, that it shows the preds still needing to hunt from the base they're at. I think that's more irritating than the DNA thing, I don't like the idea that they NEED to hunt. If the preds on the base in this movie needed DNA then I'm sure the humans would be more inclined to provide it for them than have the preds go out and get it themselves

Corporal Hicks

Re: DNA and hunting in the test screening -

Spoiler
The DNA thing is mentioned a whomping twice. The "allied" Predators aren't stationed at the base, they haven't been working with the government. They show up to pretty much fight off the Upgrade.
[close]

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2018, 10:02:07 AM

Spoiler
The DNA thing is mentioned a whomping twice. The "allied" Predators aren't stationed at the base, they haven't been working with the government. They show up to pretty much fight off the Upgrade.
[close]
Spoiler
That's actually quite a change. Also, any word if one of them really did wear military pants? How was the reaction of them using our weapons? Did people like this?
[close]

Beatnation

Beatnation

I remember 1 guy (fanatic of anything from Shame Hack nonetheless) in this discussion going bravado and quoting and correcting people because he already read the script.

Then we he got asked if Jake Busey gonna play the son of his father character in part 2, he said no, he got contraried by other comment and he finally said "not in the draft I read".

So... if you're not even sure of that, what gives you the power to belittling so many users who "didn't read the script".

This forums man... so funny, keep it up guys.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Beatnation on Jan 10, 2018, 02:37:55 PM
I remember 1 guy (fanatic of anything from Shame Hack nonetheless) in this discussion going bravado and quoting and correcting people because he already read the script.

Then we he got asked if Jake Busey gonna play the son of his father character in part 2, he said no, he got contraried by other comment and he finally said "not in the draft I read".

So... if you're not even sure of a that, what gives you the power to belittle so many users who "didn't read the script".

This forums man... so funny, keep it up guys.

I think i know who you are referring to, and if i'm guessing right he is not here anymore  ;)

OpenMaw

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2018, 10:02:07 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Hmm... Can you clarify "show up" ? They "show up" as in, something akin to Wolf in AVPR? Show up to deal with the situation? Are they still buddy buddy with humans?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed