Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 156,826 times)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: SiL on Apr 04, 2017, 12:17:08 PM
I'm not saying you're lying, at all. But if you can't back up what you're saying, then who cares what you have to say about the material?

Evidently someone else in this thread. If you don't, that's fine.

QuoteI know I'm sounding like a dick, but damn does it get tiring after a decade or so.

You're not the only one who's been on the Internet or geek forums for a long time. We take the occupational hazards of life as we can. Or not.

Quote from: von on Apr 04, 2017, 12:15:51 PM
Ultimately, I believe it will help more than it will hurt the franchise. I really just don't want it to go in the way of ID: Resurgence

I think some people may see the film that way, because nothing is ever good or bad anymore, it's always 'the best' or 'the worst'. I think it's going to bitterly polarize geeks and perhaps the Internet in the style of the films I mention. (Unlike the final production of Prometheus however, I think this story's ideas and mythology are very much solidified and sure of themselves and their aims, whereas I'm not sure Scott or Lindelof were comfortable committing to anything concrete either in pre, production or post, from design to script to cutting.) Or who knows, maybe most people will embrace it. I think it will do well financially, but I worry the studio will balk at the fanboy reaction and want to roll back to something more conventional and safe. I do think the changes in the overall mythos are one of the only ways to progress the franchise beyond another dreadful AVP film or 'Predators come here to hunt people, possibly in the closest and cheapest national park location we find'.

von

von

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 04, 2017, 12:20:27 PM

I think some people may see the film that way, because nothing is ever good or bad anymore, it's always 'the best' or 'the worst'. I think it's going to bitterly polarize geeks and perhaps the Internet in the style of the films I mention. (Unlike the final production of Prometheus however, I think this story's ideas and mythology are very much solidified and sure of themselves and their aims, whereas I'm not sure Scott or Lindelof were comfortable committing to anything concrete either in pre, production or post, from design to script to cutting.) Or who knows, maybe most people will embrace it. I think it will do well financially, but I worry the studio will balk at the fanboy reaction and want to roll back to something more conventional and safe. I do think the changes in the overall mythos are one of the only ways to progress the franchise beyond another dreadful AVP film or 'Predators come here to hunt people, possibly in the closest and cheapest national park location we find'.

Safe to say the project has already polarized the fans (judging by our forums) via sketchy but credible leaks even before any footage has been shown. No doubt this will continue right up to the film's release and through the years/decades that follow.

What I hated about ID:Resurgence was how it came across as a lazy and half-hearted attempt at expanding a franchise's existing mythology. It turned out to be terribly uninspiring and mediocre in its execution and storytelling. I fear this COULD happen to our beloved Predator franchise but with Shane + Fred on board, coupled with the brilliance of Larry Fong, there is a great deal of promise for an exciting cinematic experience that continues the story and develops the mythos. Unfortunately, not many have felt this sort of positivity as I understand most are uncomfortable with the changes that can be expected.

I would prefer if they went full-blown batshit crazy with this rather than another Prometheus/PredatorS or a retelling of the original film with slightly different ingredients. Like you said, this would be the opposite of a "conventional and safe" approach but it's definitely time to do something RADICAL for a new generation of moviegoers.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Yeah, there's nothing half-hearted about this story.

I do think Prometheus tried something very different and bold which I supported, but they also failed to completely articulate or expand on it in the film. Regardless it could've gone anywhere afterwards but they opted to go back to the most conventional tropes of the alien with Covenant, which I find very disappointing.

von

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 04, 2017, 01:22:31 PM
Yeah, there's nothing half-hearted about this story.

I do think Prometheus tried something very different and bold which I supported, but they also failed to completely articulate or expand on it in the film. Regardless it could've gone anywhere afterwards but they opted to go back to the most conventional tropes of the alien with Covenant, which I find very disappointing.

Couldn't agree more about Prometheus and Covenant. With Prometheus, it felt like Scott had one foot in the water but with Covenant, he's opted for a float. Shane has expressed admiration for the work Scott has and is doing with the franchise, so I believe he's moving in the right direction for Predator

The Wolverine Predator

(null)
Jogger scene? Was this leaked too? I don't remember this leak other then set photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SiL on Apr 04, 2017, 12:17:08 PM
QuoteBut I knew the synopsis had leaked, I saw the (predictable) reaction from the hardcore fans, and I wanted to speak my piece on how I felt about the script.
Which leads to the (predictable) reaction of people asking about your sources, which leads to the (predictable) response of, "I can't say". Saying you've read the script is teasing people with details, because you're making it as obvious as possible you have them.

I'm not saying you're lying, at all. But if you can't back up what you're saying, then who cares what you have to say about the material? We can't even know if you've actually read it, so what weight is there to put into your opinion of it? You could have it sitting on your lap as you type for all we know, but the net result of your feedback is letting people know you've got the inside scoop.

I know I'm sounding like a dick, but damn does it get tiring after a decade or so.

You're just in denial Sil, wich is useless.Some people had read the script and the others had read the leaked spoilers from the script, and everything match.
Even that jogger scene with Munn matches.
Dekker never said it's fake.It's all true.

skhellter

Dekker was asked to say that the script was fake.
So Dekker said that it was fake.

Dekker was just being a bit cheeky.  ;D

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 04, 2017, 02:57:08 PM

Dekker can't say it's true, by contract he can't.But he's gonna be called a liar by a lot of people when the truth unfolds.
That's why he just randomly wrote "it's fake" , but it's not the answer to the script question.Really childish.Like his script ideas.

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Apr 04, 2017, 02:55:01 PM

Jogger scene? Was this leaked too? I don't remember this leak other then set photos

This scene introduces the scientist girl character, Casey Bracket.

SpeedyMaxx

It's no Predator 2! Doesn't have the dignity of those Jamaican druglords.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 04, 2017, 03:05:13 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Apr 04, 2017, 02:57:08 PM

Dekker can't say it's true, by contract he can't.But he's gonna be called a liar by a lot of people when the truth unfolds.
That's why he just randomly wrote "it's fake" , but it's not the answer to the script question.Really childish.Like his script ideas.

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Apr 04, 2017, 02:55:01 PM

This scene introduces the scientist girl character, Casey Bracket.
I know that, but I'm asking if that part of the script was leaked about her scene, I haven't seen any of those leaks
Just the first day pictures on social media with her dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 04, 2017, 03:10:30 PM
It's no Predator 2! Doesn't have the dignity of those Jamaican druglords.

You don't understand, Predator 2 is manly. Predator 2 lifts weights and this new Predator movie likes the color pink.

SpeedyMaxx

I could go on and on with my issues with that movie. Danny Glover is a talented actor but I don't know why they cast a guy who always looks like he's a breath away from a massive stroke (performance-wise) to fight the Predator, and the "Jamaican druglords"/post-apocalyptic shit in the 'late 90s' was so instantly cartoonish and dated. There was a wave of movies at that time where '1997' was supposed to be like the end of civilization. Instead we just got the Spice Girls.

BishopShouldGo

Yes. They should've gotten Mel Gibson if they were truly serious. It also didn't expand or deepen, it just provided more carnage. There are several scenes of big groups of people dying and it's ridiculous.

Jacku

I know it's pointless but I'm gonna keep messaging Shane Black to urge him to remove the
Spoiler
human spine injections to become stronger
[close]
thing.
Spoiler
Predators as hunters is one of the coolest aspects about them. I'm so surprised the moment from a dark horse comic where we see a man aiming to shoot a lion for sport with a predator ready to shoot him for the same reason has never been adapted to a predator film!
[close]
I'll tweet Shane Black everyday haha. Sounds like Fox is giving him more control than usual for this kind of franchise so why would he make such a, in my opinion, damaging change to a great film icon? It'll make this film not part of the cannon to so many people.

Everything else in the leaked info I'm fine with
Spoiler
maybe not spider predators and predators working for the government
[close]
After seeing the kid in the film ROOM (great film with great acting) I'm happy with him in the film and his role will be as good as the execution by the director.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 04, 2017, 03:45:56 PM
'1997' was supposed to be like the end of civilization. Instead we just got the Spice Girls.

same thing.

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 04, 2017, 03:05:13 PM
Really childish.Like his script ideas.

Goes hand in hand with a franchise based on adolescent ideas of what tough soldiers look like.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed