Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 155,538 times)

skhellter

Vow

And just like that, any hope I had for the Predator franchise being revived with a proper film that would build upon what the first two films showed us is gone. I mean, this isn't even funny, it's just God damn f**king pathetic. An autistic child learns the language of an alien species. Jesus. Something like this absolutely does not belong in a film that's supposed to be about the Predator. I haven't read the rest of the leaked script, but I don't think I really need to, because if this one tidbit is true, I'll probably just skip this shit altogether. The only acceptable role for a child in a Predator film is this:

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Vow on Mar 28, 2017, 03:06:07 AM
And just like that, any hope I had for the Predator franchise being revived with a proper film that would build upon what the first two films showed us is gone. I mean, this isn't even funny, it's just God damn f**king pathetic. An autistic child learns the language of an alien species. Jesus. Something like this absolutely does not belong in a film that's supposed to be about the Predator. I haven't read the rest of the leaked script, but I don't think I really need to, because if this one tidbit is true, I'll probably just skip this shit altogether. The only acceptable role for a child in a Predator film is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq84csBuEgg

Well spoken. :)

Jacku

I don't want to read all the spoilers. But can someone share some info on the Predator spine injections?

Spoiler
Would making the reason Predators hunt for spinal injections instead of Trophies not ruin the whole mythology?!
[close]

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Jacku on Apr 01, 2017, 03:05:22 PM
I don't want to read all the spoilers. But can someone share some info on the Predator spine injections?

Spoiler
Would making the reason Predators hunt for spinal injections instead of Trophies not ruin the whole mythology?!
[close]

Of course it would.I hate when they do that.

skhellter

Quote from: Jacku on Apr 01, 2017, 03:05:22 PM
But can someone share some info on the Predator spine injections?

Yeah.
This film is a long PSA against drugs.

whiterabbit

Haven't been keeping up on pred news but what is this about
Spoiler
spinal injections.... as in they are hunting humans for their spines? For me that sounds pretty strange, you don't fun and hunt an animal for their gooey insides, you just kill them and harvest it.
[close]

Trophies/souvenir's make a lot more sense.

Keith

Quote from: Vow on Mar 28, 2017, 03:06:07 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq84csBuEgg

word.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Edit: Erasing what I wrote re: the script to avoid giving the forum trouble.

In short: People who love the work of Fred Dekker and Shane Black will love this movie. Predator diehards who need the films to be very serious and masculine at all times will hate it. Like Iron Man 3, it's going to be a very polarizing experience for geeks. I loved the script but it is a huge departure and takes major liberties - but frankly that is what this franchise (and Alien, though that won't be getting it) needs.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 03:53:26 PM

In short: People who love the work of Fred Dekker and Shane Black will love this movie. Predator diehards who need the films to be very serious and masculine at all times will hate it. Like Iron Man 3, it's going to be a very polarizing experience for geeks. I loved the script but it is a huge departure and takes major liberties - but frankly that is what this franchise (and Alien, though that won't be getting it) needs.

The people who love the direction Robocop 3 took will love The Predator yeah.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 03, 2017, 04:15:54 PM
The people who love the direction Robocop 3 took will love The Predator yeah.

Yeah, that's definitely all Fred Dekker's ever made.

Russ840

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 03:53:26 PM

Did you read the script somehow ?

SpeedyMaxx

I sure am talking about it a lot.

Russ840

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 09:29:53 PM

Care to PM some details if you have?  I'd love to know some.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 03, 2017, 09:42:49 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 09:29:53 PM

Care to PM some details if you have?  I'd love to know some.
Right!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed