Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 157,562 times)

overthere

Quote from: Master on Mar 04, 2017, 12:34:48 AM
Of course. It's entirely possible there are Predator clowns out there, but do we want to see them juggle? Gay Prefator are also in the realm of possibility, but do we want to see them make out? Same goes with three-legged squint Predators with mild retardation,  possible nonetheless.

Seriously, stop defending outright stupid ideas. Predator retrieving his tech is cool and it's fine story to follow, but we don't need this cheesy and dumb stuff.

So basically, anything but a Predator on a killing spree is cheesy. Sure, let's make another slasher movie and add nothing to the universe in which they belong.

echobbase79

Quote from: overthere on Mar 04, 2017, 12:27:13 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Mar 03, 2017, 06:15:53 PM
You guys can not be seriously comparing this crap to AVP. The worst thing you can say about AVP is a short team- up between a human and a predator. Now compare that to all the shit in this script. Predators working for the government?! Spider- predators? Friendly Predator dog? And of course ANOTHER super predator to make the classic look obsolete. If this turns out to be real, AVP is going to look like a masterpiece in comparison.

I disagree. Maybe some members of the Predator species do not want to hunt, maybe they're tortured and in constant fear from the always hunting ones, something like outcasts. They're obviously intelligent, so why couldn't an individual Predator decide not to hunt but instead help his odds by helping humans?

You guys are too set in your ways. We know absolutely nothing about Predators except we saw few of them hunt. Anything's possible. Just because it doesn't fit in your comic book goggles doesn't mean it's stupid.

I see absolutely nothing stupid about a Predator dog being trained not to kill humans, experimented upon Predators who are deformed, etc. These things are very much possible in Predator world.

I respect that you're enthusiastic about the movie, but people can have different opinions than you. I don't have to like the ideas this film has, and I don't like Predators working for the government.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 04, 2017, 12:50:43 AM
Quote from: overthere on Mar 04, 2017, 12:27:13 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Mar 03, 2017, 06:15:53 PM
You guys can not be seriously comparing this crap to AVP. The worst thing you can say about AVP is a short team- up between a human and a predator. Now compare that to all the shit in this script. Predators working for the government?! Spider- predators? Friendly Predator dog? And of course ANOTHER super predator to make the classic look obsolete. If this turns out to be real, AVP is going to look like a masterpiece in comparison.

I disagree. Maybe some members of the Predator species do not want to hunt, maybe they're tortured and in constant fear from the always hunting ones, something like outcasts. They're obviously intelligent, so why couldn't an individual Predator decide not to hunt but instead help his odds by helping humans?

You guys are too set in your ways. We know absolutely nothing about Predators except we saw few of them hunt. Anything's possible. Just because it doesn't fit in your comic book goggles doesn't mean it's stupid.

I see absolutely nothing stupid about a Predator dog being trained not to kill humans, experimented upon Predators who are deformed, etc. These things are very much possible in Predator world.

I respect that you're enthusiastic about the movie, but people can have different opinions than you. I don't have to like the ideas this film has, and I don't like Predators working for the government.

And he probably respects that you're unenthusiastic about the movie. He's respectfully saying he disagrees.

Overthere, I am in intense agreement with you. Fans are incredibly obdurate and do not want their lore compromised. But there barely is any lore(film-wise). We get the rudiments; they are hunters that live by a simple code, but what else? Show us some new tricks.

Films like The Terminator and Predator are good, intimate suspense pieces, but you can't replicate that going forward. You have to expand. T2 got the memo, and the Predator franchise is just getting it now.

Master

Quote from: overthere on Mar 04, 2017, 12:46:20 AM
Of course. It's entirely possible there are Predator clowns out there, but do we want to see them juggle? Gay Prefator are also in the realm of possibility, but do we want to see them make out? Same goes with three-legged squint Predators with mild retardation,  possible nonetheless.

Seriously, stop defending outright stupid ideas. Predator retrieving his tech is cool and it's fine story to follow, but we don't need this cheesy and dumb stuff.

So basically, anything but a Predator on a killing spree is cheesy. Sure, let's make another slasher movie and add nothing to the universe in which they belong.

Oh for f**k sake,  where did I write that? The point is, to avoid repetition of the same tropes,  you shouldn't put everything on it's head. There must be a middle ground between classic slasher predator film and f**king oddity circus prefator film. What I know for certain, Predator must kill. The slasher aspect must be maintained as this is what defines those films.

BishopShouldGo

100% in harmony with you.

Quote from: Master on Mar 04, 2017, 01:04:00 AM

Oh for f**k sake,  where did I write that? The point is, to avoid repetition of the same tropes,  you shouldn't put everything on it's head. There must be a middle ground between classic slasher predator film and f**king oddity circus prefator film. What I know for certain, Predator must kill. The slasher aspect must be maintained as this is what defines those films.

Well of course! But don't make the movie about that, have it be a part of it.

Master

Agreed. Best Predator films are defined genre films with Predator in it. That's why P1/2 works and Ps don't  . It would be nice, Shane and co. remember that.

BishopShouldGo

Lol well, Predators has many more new elements than P2. We just don't "register" it because the movie didn't really deliver, but the potential was onscreen.

Predator dogs, a different species of predator, a game reserve planet, the falcons, River Ghost, a human using predator technology(and no, picking up a weapon doesn't count, no effort or creativity there), more of a predator teaming up with a human, a predatory doctor that sees himself as one of the creatures. If the movie had a bigger budget and a better cinematographer, and lost the "Ten Little Indians" paradigm, we could've had a really cool, epic scifi film.

P2 has new elements but they're just tastes, they're flavors. Oh they don't kill pregnant woman ok, oh they have a trophy room ok(we knew they collected trophies from P1), oh there's more of them(they're onscreen for a minute and don't do anything) and one gives a human a trophy, oh look new weapons.

P2's biggest mistake was not making Keyes and his team the focus, the main characters. P2's second biggest mistake was making every character's arc be completed by their death. Do we really need everyone dead?! Danny sure, but why kill Lambert or Keyes. Again, too many group killings.

overthere

Thanks for the support Bishop, we seem to be outnumbered here. I hope at least a casual Predator fan will give this movie a fair chance.

Master, nothing suggest, in fact, Shane has mentioned this movie will have lots of blood, spine ripping, etc. Rest assure you will get your dose of the hunt.

Quote from: Master on Mar 04, 2017, 01:04:00 AM

There must be a middle ground between classic slasher predator film and f**king oddity circus prefator film. What I know for certain, Predator must kill.

That's exactly what the movie sounds like it's going to be. On one hand we'll get to see new Predator in action, getting his trophies, on the other, we'll get to learn a lot more about what goes on behind the curtains. Even if you hate the whatever new backstory they give the whole thing, the government and all, you'll still get to enjoy Predator killing humans and ripping their spines out. You don't have anything to lose if you don't like the new elements, only to gain if you actually end up enjoying it.

Plus, it's easy to make anything sound stupid when it's shortened into a line of text. Check this out:
"Incredibly small but energy dense particle started expanding one day and became source of everything we observe in the universe." What a stupid origin story, am I right?

All the plot points that sound cheesy can be executed well. Hell, the whole premise of Predator, Batman, etc, is cheesy, but we've seen how good they can turn out.

SiL

"Autistic child learns Predator language and flies Predator ships" doesn't seem like it's missing so much information that its realisation could be incredibly different. At best it sounds like Independence Day, which is a fun movie, but a shitload dumber than you want from Predator.

overthere

Quote from: SiL on Mar 04, 2017, 11:07:29 AM
"Autistic child learns Predator language and flies Predator ships" doesn't seem like it's missing so much information that its realisation could be incredibly different. At best it sounds like Independence Day, which is a fun movie, but a shitload dumber than you want from Predator.

Well, the point of advanced technology is to perform difficult tasks easily. Better technology = a child could do it. An average child can navigate through your smartphone, open up Youtube and find his favorite show, without first even learning to read and write.

And "autistic" is a broad term. The child in the movie is gifted in a way that makes him socially stand out and unaccepted. People summarize that as "autistic".

I'd also like to stress an important point. Just because an autistic child managed to translate Predator language and supposedly fly a ship, doesn't mean an average adult couldn't. It just so happens that this child got his hands on a piece of technology others never got their hands on. If this equipment fell into hands of scientists, they would have deciphered it too. No big deal, the kid was just lucky (or unlucky).

Scorpio

Quote from: SiL on Mar 04, 2017, 11:07:29 AM

There's an 80s movie called Flight of the Navigator about a kid flying an alien spaceship.

SiL

Quote from: overthere on Mar 04, 2017, 11:19:52 AM
Well, the point of advanced technology is to perform difficult tasks easily. Better technology = a child could do it. An average child can navigate through your smartphone, open up Youtube and find his favorite show, without first even learning to read and write.
Or, if we go to something that's actually analogous, he couldn't fly the space shuttle.

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 04, 2017, 11:21:15 AM
There's an 80s movie called Flight of the Navigator about a kid flying an alien spaceship.
Yes. A kid's movie.

Ultramorph

Assuming there's any truth to this leak, this is going to be a very interesting movie, to say the least. I do hate
Spoiler
the idea of a Predator hound being turned into a pet, and I wish movies would stop trying to insert humanity into the non-human antagonists. Predators augmenting themselves with human DNA sound pretty weak, IMHO.
[close]

I just hope this doesn't turn into another disaster like Iron Man 3.

Master

@Bishop

Predator 2 changed Alien Head Hunter into Intergalactic Head Hunter. You don't have to like it, but this movie defined the Predator we love today. Predators suggested many more things it didn't deliver then P2.

Still you missing my point. Predator and P2 would still work without our alien. First is essentially 80's muscle movie with best ever spin and P2 is buddy cop movie with same spin. No other film with Predator could work without the creature.

@ Overthere

You have bad habit to suggest what kind of fan one is. Please don't do that.

I understand your hype with new film,  but that doesn't change the fact  leaked ideas are very childish, not really belonging to the franchise.

RakaiThwei

Suddenly, looking at this thread.. I am reminded why I am staying away from speculation strings here.

Just... I hope none of what is speculated is true.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed