It was what I expected
13 (8.8%)
It fell short for me
16 (10.8%)
It was not good
15 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
Sneak Peek with LegionFX Tomorrow - The Last Supper (Read 97,614 times)

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Evanus on Feb 23, 2017, 08:05:08 AM
That was great!

Pleasantly surprised there's a gay couple.

I liked that, but doesn't make sense for them to get on a 'colonization' style ship though... two blokes can't procreate  :D

Still, good chuckle.

Necronomicon II

^ Colonising another planet doesn't just mean procreating, they obviously serve a different purpose.

The chemistry is great.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I liked it. The camaraderie around the table definitely recalls Alien and Aliens.

Fakeburster was a bit on the nose but I'm fine with it as it's just in the promotion and not in the actual film.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 23, 2017, 08:25:52 AM
^ Colonising another planet doesn't just mean procreating, they obviously serve a different purpose.

The chemistry is great.

lol i was joking dude, but still it was an awesome scene.

SuicideDoors

I really liked it.

The casting, judging solely by this clip, appears to be spot on. Katherine Waterston has this bashful, quirky tone going on. I think I'm sold on her. She seemed a bit stiff in some of her interviews which is all I really know her from, so I was a bit concerned. I love Danny McBride, I know he's gonna be a standout. I love James Franco too, I'll say ingenious for lack of a better word, but it's ingenious if they ramp up his presence in the virals only for his movie appearance to be cut short. Will give Daniels some weight as well as Crudrup. Fassbender was solid.

Likeable cast in my eyes!

motherfather

motherfather

The look of foreboding on the face of the girl before she chokes was giving me a Lambert moment of foreboding. Its probably early realization she is about to choke, but it would be intereating if she is the superstitious one.

With regards to the joking/half-joking comments about not making sense to take non-heterosexual couples on a colonisation mission, again I'll repeat...

You cannot, CANNOT have bio-exclusivity in space colonization - its way too risky. You need every possible (cream of the crop) variant of humanity to be on that arc. A full socio/sexual/DNA melting pot so that IF disease or foreign bacteria threatens the crew it doesn't wipe out everyone "samey" (genetically and mentally) all at once in one fell swoop. Holders of the "right" combination of DNA and genes, switched on/off (dormant) get to survive through it.  This goes for frozen embryos as well as living crew members.

ReluctantNerd

Didn't like it much, looks like everyone's a Milburn. And speaking of "on the nose" - a figure of speech that seems to have been popularized by Sir RS recently - I'm getting really irritated with all the unnecessary nose touching in these movies. Bear with me: Milburn does this stupid nose thing during the briefing in Prometheus, someone does it in the trailer and McBride does it here. It seems to be Alien movie shorthand for "casual guy" or something. Drives me nuts. Yeah I'm a hater.

Astronoë

Quote from: salomonj on Feb 23, 2017, 04:01:34 AM
watching the fat guy with teh cowboy hat die will be a joy

Can't wait to see them all die, crew seems as dumb as those on the Prometheus...Walter seems boring, not interesting like David.

Come to think of it, David was the only character I liked in Prometheus. Only reason I want to see Shaw is to see where the journey took her..

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Astronoë on Feb 23, 2017, 08:48:25 AMCan't wait to see them all die, crew seems as dumb as those on the Prometheus...Walter seems boring, not interesting like David.

:laugh: Wut.

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

YES YES YES!!!!

THE aesthetic of the film just screams Alien movie.....I'm so excited for this!

I like the fact they are introducing the characters of the film but a little disappointed to read it's not a part of the film....surely you need to introduce these characters as they have here in the main film...and not just expect the viewer to have watched this to know who they are?!

Either way I enjoyed this and CAN NOT WAIT till May!!!

Props on the use off LGBT characters too  :)

dave1978

Thought it was OK,   certainly not what we were hoping for though,  no meat on the bones.

motherfather

In the case of McBride's nose touching - I think that at least could be an unconscious visual tell when he lies to his boss.

Darth Vile

Whilst the clip gives away relatively little, the real take away from the teaser is the overall tone. If this is reflective of the film as a whole, I think Covenant will feel more 'real' and grounded, less high concept than Prometheus. I just hope they had a good script... because the tone seems spot on.

Stolen

Stolen

Quote from: Astronoë on Feb 23, 2017, 08:48:25 AM
Quote from: salomonj on Feb 23, 2017, 04:01:34 AM
watching the fat guy with teh cowboy hat die will be a joy

Can't wait to see them all die, crew seems as dumb as those on the Prometheus...Walter seems boring, not interesting like David.

Dumb because ? Few jokes?
So the sulaco crew is dumb i guess ..

Predatorium

This is just a remake/re-hash of the breakfast scene in Alien and as with all remakes, it sucks. Stiff acting, audience winking crap. What's new, whats better? Nothing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed