Bold prediction about who the main protagonist is (spoilers)

Started by bacchus, Dec 25, 2016, 12:47:18 PM

Author
Bold prediction about who the main protagonist is (spoilers) (Read 3,509 times)

AsapJockey

naw , Waterson will be infected in the end with the xenomorph that will be the end shot

whiterabbit

I bet the fat "comic relief" guy will be the badass that blows David out of the airlock!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Stolen on Dec 25, 2016, 01:41:03 PM
I'm almost sure Daniels will die! I really think that McBride will be our survivor in the shadows

I would actually love this.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Danny WANTED to have his character have a brutal gory death.

Ingwar

Three main protagonists: Walter, Daniels and Danny McBride as the pilot.

brill0_pad

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Dec 25, 2016, 09:30:38 PM
I'm almost sure Daniels will die! I really think that McBride will be our survivor in the shadows

But I wouldn't be surprised if Danny WANTED to have his character have a brutal gory death.

the more i watch the trailer...the more i look for photos of cast members with curly hair...

Spoiler
sure seems like its Danny in the shower room scene...
[close]

hfeldhaus

Quote from: brill0_pad on Dec 26, 2016, 12:21:32 AM

the more i watch the trailer...the more i look for photos of cast members with curly hair...

Spoiler
[close]

Think this is the guy in the shower

brill0_pad

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Dec 26, 2016, 01:30:25 AM
Quote from: brill0_pad on Dec 26, 2016, 12:21:32 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Think this is the guy in the shower

i think your right, watching the trailer on my phone it was oddly a bit clearer to make out. initially i couldn't see enough side burn for it to be him.

cliffhanger

i still expect to see a predator.

after all, this is the equivalent of AVPR.

proof? sure.

Prometheus is AVP.

Discover ancient ruins that tell of aliens creating humans, and travel to a big piramid and get sorry they did that.
Have Weyland be a old rich mogul that is dying [probably both from cancer] and wants to find eternity, and both die from angry alien.
have a single female that defeats the opposition when the rest fails and escape.

Covenant is AVPR

pick up where the previous movie left off.
introduce some grotesk weird hybrid alien that hack and slashes humans.
have naked people and hacknslashmurder them [ shower scene ].
bad cgi [ shower scene ]

ridley scott is a bad big-budget copycat and he's laughing his way to the bank.

brill0_pad

but Covenant isn't picking up from where the last movie ended. its 10 years later. We wont see the trilobite or the Deacon and we wont find out what happened to them after the events of Prometheus. Dont get me wrong, this could all be addressed in another movie, but its not this movie.

Le Celticant

Quote from: brill0_pad on Dec 26, 2016, 07:19:16 PM
but Covenant isn't picking up from where the last movie ended. its 10 years later. We wont see the trilobite or the Deacon and we wont find out what happened to them after the events of Prometheus. Dont get me wrong, this could all be addressed in another movie, but its not this movie.

AVPR didn't adress what happened to the craters in Antartica or if there were still Penguin standing there.
10 Years or not, you still going to have 3 of the main protagonists return, with one still playing a major role.
It's a direct sequel, hypersleep or not.

Ragonk_Force

would be great if ridley threw us a curveball because everyone assumes its watersons character. im anticipating some kind of twist.

rabidranger

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Dec 26, 2016, 07:59:35 PM
would be great if ridley threw us a curveball because everyone assumes its watersons character. im anticipating some kind of twist.

Seems like the twist might be Shaw's role.

whiterabbit

I think the main protagonists will be David.

brill0_pad

brill0_pad

Quote from: Le Celticant on Dec 26, 2016, 07:35:02 PM
Quote from: brill0_pad on Dec 26, 2016, 07:19:16 PM

AVPR didn't adress what happened to the craters in Antartica or if there were still Penguin standing there.
10 Years or not, you still going to have 3 of the main protagonists return, with one still playing a major role.
It's a direct sequel, hypersleep or not.

no because anyone with any ounce of understanding of that franchise would know the point of AVP and AVP:R was to showcase the Predalien, something theorised in several graphic novels and a pretty awesome game YEARS before these movies came out. not to learn about Weyland or the humans or the craters or the penguins.

In my mind, and many other a direct sequal to prometheus would have us back on that planet trying to figure out just where there million dollar starship, crew, ceo, daughter and man child went. This is obviously not the case from the leaked synopsis.

also, who's the 3rd protagonist returning? only 2 people left Prometheus "alive" and one of those sure wasn't a protagonist.

Ingwar

Spoiler
Waterston and McBride will survive.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed