Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 78,978 times)

Genosha175

Not really impressed with what I can see of the alien so far, it just looks like some bad fan art of the dog or resurrection alien to me.
I can't make out any bio-mechanical elements and it looks like it has wonky hillbilly teeth that ADI loved to give them.

Enoch

Quote... it just looks like some bad fan art of the dog or resurrection alien to me.

There will always be people who do not like something and are not satisfied with something.
Now when we have alien,  we ll hate the fact it looks somehow and not different or how we
imagined it to look. I think the first thing humans learn when they are born is hate and dissatisfaction.
Maybe that's the natural thing... when you learn that, you can also learn to appreciate and love something, or
maybe we are all just pricks...  :laugh: :-[ :P

Trepanator

The engineers couldn't of created the Alien, especially for them to be 'created' only a few years before the first alien movie is supposed to take place.
The derelict ship on LV426 is ancient, which suggests the Alien has been around LONG before Prometheus even takes place.

Enoch

Necronomicon II

There'll be a variety of xenos, surely, poster xeno looks great to me; love the jagged metallic teeth, it's bio-mechanical for sure in that respect.

Lonely Universe

I'm not a big fan of egg morphing either & I'm glad the idea was scrapped. It doesn't seem as natural as the established method of the Alien's reproductive cycle.

I won't really mind if it appears in the new movie though since the black goo will probably be around. I mean there are definitely eggs in there, weird eggs!

Necronomicon II

There's room for both egg-morphing and queens, it's a surrealist creature so it follows that not everything about it is "natural", when a xeno is solitary it should still have a means to reproduce, personally I find egg morphing delicious nightmare fuel and I feel it has not been properly realised yet.      Imagine it occurring rapidly, what an amazing scene that would be!

Xenomorphine

Quote from: NickisSmart on Nov 25, 2016, 12:44:29 AM
The skull is awesome. It hints at what used to be a man, a kind of deformed skeleton twisted into all that alien mass. I love it.

The Alien gestated in a human, but it never "used to be" human.

Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 25, 2016, 06:04:28 AM
It is part of the mythology of the character

Not when it never featured in any of the sequels and isn't even visible in the original's moving footage. It's only ever shown in publicity stills.

Artistically, it's a nice touch, but making it so that the Alien is truly, well, alien to anything we know, makes it more mysterious. Eye sockets imply death, but the lack of them reinforces another inference of it being truly 'evil' due to seeming 'soulless' (that whole adage about eyes being the windows to the soul).

So, if your objective is primarily one of horror, then the skull works. If your objective is to amp up the mystery and make it seem truly alien, then a smooth and socketless carapace works better. So, both techniques work in their own respective ways.

Biologically-speaking, the skull doesn't really make much sense, since it has no evolutionary need for one: The surrounding head is the (endoskeletal) skull.

Lexxdog

I really hope there is no queen I really hate the idea that there are space bugs and I really hope the engineers are not the really space jockeys

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 25, 2016, 10:02:30 AM
Behind the scenes chatter seems to incidicate it's all going really well and shooting went really well. As for trailer, I don't think it'll be left that late. I still expect the trailer by December and I know they shot a bunch of virals again.

Yeah, the release date is now almost exactly the same as Prometheus back in 2012, only about 10 to 18 days difference. So I guess they'll follow the same or very similar formula to Prometheus' marketing campaign. I think the first Prometheus teaser was released in late December, around the 23rd or so, wasn't it? Off-hand, can you remember the date the viral marketing kicked-in?

TyrantUA

Quote from: Trepanator on Nov 25, 2016, 01:43:53 PM
The engineers couldn't of created the Alien, especially for them to be 'created' only a few years before the first alien movie is supposed to take place.
The derelict ship on LV426 is ancient, which suggests the Alien has been around LONG before Prometheus even takes place.
What in the world makes you think that ship was ancient? In case you somehow think that Jockey corpse was fossilized, you're wrong.
Fossilization requires a thing to be buried in something. That corpse was mummified at best.
Also, the eggs were fresh... They are organic, it's impossible for them to be functional/alive for ages.

robbritton

They're aliens. Fictional aliens. The eggs could stay alive forever if it suited the narrative.

Same as how the Queen and egg morphing can co-exist. The weirder and more impossible they are the better it serves the fear of the unknowable.

Darkness

The viral marketing started in Feb 2012 so plenty of time to go. Indeed, I think the trailer will definitely drop before Christmas. I guess they'll have to get their skates on with the marketing.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: TyrantUA on Nov 25, 2016, 05:01:24 PM
Quote from: Trepanator on Nov 25, 2016, 01:43:53 PM
What in the world makes you think that ship was ancient? In case you somehow think that Jockey corpse was fossilized, you're wrong.
Fossilization requires a thing to be buried in something. That corpse was mummified at best.
Also, the eggs were fresh... They are organic, it's impossible for them to be functional/alive for ages.

Didn't Ridley say that the Derelict was a "brother" ship to the one on LV-223? If so, they were brothers a couple of thousand years ago.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed