Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 78,961 times)

Local Trouble

Immortan Jonesy

The skull gives me chills. I believe it's a good element for a horror movie. It's like a soul trapped in a biomechanical prison if you ask me. Even though I still prefer the original design.

NickisSmart

The skull is awesome. It hints at what used to be a man, a kind of deformed skeleton twisted into all that alien mass. I love it.

Necronomicon II

I too like the skull, more when it's subtle; not so obvious.
Looks like the condom lips are back on this big chap, and plenty of KY jelly lol

Xeno-raptor

I can't find the skull:(

XENOMORPHOSIS

When watching Alien I'd never noticed the skull under the dome, only noticed it in the behind the scenes footage seems abit nitpicky to dismiss this xeno design over something so trivial.

bobcunk

It was also visible one the predalien in avp-r. I think it was a predator skull.

SamuelDL

How can there be people around here who deny the original design of HR Giger?:

The translucent skull gives it a human touch that makes the alien even more terrifying, especially when it is very subtle and almost imperceptible. In fact most people do not know that the xenomorph skull is visible. That's why when suddenly you see some basins without eyes by a stroke of light can be creepy. It is part of the mythology of the character, and gives texture and credibility to the head. It makes a lot of sense that if it has been engendered by a person it has a human features:

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 25, 2016, 12:14:45 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 25, 2016, 12:10:31 AM
I really love the skull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRifKEf0xr8

You best start loving the skull before I report you to Hicks! Then you'll be in REAL "local trouble" around here, mister!

KiramidHead

Eh, since I've never been able to see the skull in the movie, I consider it largely non-essential. But then again, I think egg morphing is stupid, but whatever.

Necronomicon II

KiramidHead

People turning into eggs... might as well just say the xenomorphs have magic transformation powers at that point.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 25, 2016, 07:11:09 AM
People turning into eggs... might as well just say the xenomorphs have magic transformation powers at that point.

And here I was thinking I was alone. I agree so much. The idea that they could turn a complex organism like a human into something like an egg with various components is puzzling and doesn't gel well with me. The queen was organic and inevitable.

SamuelDL

In that scene of Alien I prefer to think that he keeps them as food. It's just as disturbing, and more believable.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Nov 25, 2016, 07:15:26 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 25, 2016, 07:11:09 AM

And here I was thinking I was alone. I agree so much. The idea that they could turn a complex organism like a human into something like an egg with various components is puzzling and doesn't gel well with me. The queen was organic and inevitable.

If it turns out that Aliens were made by Engineers, then maybe it could have something to do with the fact that they're Engineer technology. The Black Goo mutates us at a much faster rate than eggmorphing does. So it'd be well within their capabilities if they're Engineer tech as well.

Or it could be like Samuel said, it's keeping them for food and stored them in an egg like container. Maybe the "egg" could work like a carnivorous plant, slowly digesting them into a gooey nutrient soup or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed