Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 78,972 times)

motherfather

motherfather

Quote from: Richman678 on Nov 23, 2016, 11:34:41 PM
If "Run" is the new tag line.....I like it!

Ditto. This is already perfect in my eyes. Now all we need is a movie that backs it up. I want to run to the cinema right now.

Yay! May is perfect - we usually have loads of public holidays around then. T minus 6 months and counting.

In the poster, if you cover the bottom half of the head with your fingers, you can almost kid yourself into thinking you're looking at an egg or ampule...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 24, 2016, 09:09:36 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2016, 05:53:49 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 24, 2016, 04:53:44 PM
Wonder if UK might be getting it earlier again like Prometheus?

Nah, earlier release for Australia this time around. Treat for the host country.  :P

They would still have gotten it first even if the release date was the same the world over. Aussies are from the future don't you know?  :P

But seriously though, do you have the international release dates schedule?

I don't but I'll ask.

Quote from: Daz1999 on Nov 24, 2016, 09:49:40 PM
If I'm remembering correctly, wasn't there a trailer for the trailer and a week long countdown last time?(Prometheus) and that was just for the teaser?  :D

You're remembering correctly. It's a pretty common occurrence these days. The release of anything tonight is a massive longshot and quite unlikely (as nice as it'd be!) but we can all hope.

Gazz

Quote from: Enoch on Nov 24, 2016, 08:59:20 PM
How do you know...?

It's mostly common sense. Mostly.

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2016, 12:08:06 AM
Quote from: Enoch on Nov 24, 2016, 12:05:16 AM
Executives think Covenant will do great, just heard that.

Heard they liked the cut they were shown too.
How do you know that guys? :) Anyway, I hope you're right.

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Gazz on Nov 24, 2016, 10:13:51 PM

Common sense is of no use in this world... ;) :-*

11 minutes till the half time if I m not wrong...

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Nov 24, 2016, 09:50:52 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 24, 2016, 05:39:49 PMThe slogan sounds like they completely ran out of ideas (no pun intended). I really hate that choice of wording. It needed to be a clever play on words or at least harken back to the original. I was hoping for something like, "In paradise, everyone can hear you scream," etcetera. Just "run" feels really cheap.

I wonder if this might be Phase One of the marketing plan, and we'll later see "HIDE", "PRAY", and "CHANGE YER SHORTS" teaser posters...  :P

LOL!

Send your resume to Fox, Mr. Clemens. They should hire you for the marketing department management roles.  :laugh:

Gazz

Quote from: Enoch on Nov 24, 2016, 10:17:10 PM
Quote from: Gazz on Nov 24, 2016, 10:13:51 PM

Common sense is of no use in this world... ;) :-*

Oh, I know. This isn't my first rodeo.

I'm sure you can dredge up posts of my being similarly senselessly optimistic in the months leading up to the trailer for Prometheus. :D

Enoch

You are probably right... but common sense is
still of no use :D :laugh:

Ingwar

Ingwar

We still don't know who is gonna to make a score.

PsyKore

'Run' is perfect. This poster brings danger back to the Alien.

Local Trouble

Quote from: motherfather on Nov 24, 2016, 10:09:18 PM

Ditto. This is already perfect in my eyes. Now all we need is a movie that backs it up. I want to run to the cinema right now.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 24, 2016, 11:49:40 PM
Quote from: motherfather on Nov 24, 2016, 10:09:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uf_rTLqj0o

So is this following up In the Flesh Part 2 as sung by the Queen in a Nazi uniform? ;)

Also, since the skull has been brought up, I wanted to ask: Am I the only one who has never actually noticed it in the movie? I've only ever seen it in production stills and such.

Scorpio

"Run like hell" - doesn't anybody remember that line from AVP2?  In the alien campaign just after you've become an adult alien..

Anyway, I'm glad the smooth heads are back.  Was never a fan of the ridge head variants.  To me, the ridge heads just seem like cannon fodder bugs.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 24, 2016, 11:58:44 PM
Anyway, I'm glad the smooth heads are back.  Was never a fan of the ridge head variants.  To me, the ridge heads just seem like cannon fodder bugs.

What about the skull?  It's your duty to hate it.

Scorpio

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 25, 2016, 12:05:35 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 24, 2016, 11:58:44 PM

What about the skull?  It's your duty to hate it.

I really love the skull.  In fact, it's the only thing about the predalien I like.  But it shouldn't be seen to clearly, only hinted at.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed