Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 78,977 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Nov 24, 2016, 01:00:44 PM
I fixed the poster just for Local Trouble.

I'm blaming you if that catches on.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ace3g on Nov 24, 2016, 06:22:50 PM
If they release a trailer today it will be on Fox during the Cowboys/Washington game at 3:30 p.m cst

That starts in half hour? When do they normally show trailers? Half time?

Enoch

We are waiting... waiting... ;D ;D

Gazz

Not going to happen.

We'll likely get a countdown teaser for the trailer via twitter or some such social network Fox account.

Enoch

Stolen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2016, 08:55:18 PM
If they release a trailer today it will be on Fox during the Cowboys/Washington game at 3:30 p.m cst

It's possible! I believe in previous years, tv spot or trailer were broadcast during the half time

ace3g

Really just depends but halftime would be a good guess.

whiterabbit

That's totally possible but I don't think there's any precedent for it. It would be kind of perfect.

BonesawT101

I'd be really surprised if the trailer is released tonight.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2016, 05:53:49 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 24, 2016, 04:53:44 PM
Wonder if UK might be getting it earlier again like Prometheus?

Nah, earlier release for Australia this time around. Treat for the host country.  :P

They would still have gotten it first even if the release date was the same the world over. Aussies are from the future don't you know?  :P

But seriously though, do you have the international release dates schedule?

Infected

Not impressed by the old xeno, guess i have to wait for the trailer to be hyped or be let down.

Daz1999

If I'm remembering correctly, wasn't there a trailer for the trailer and a week long countdown last time?(Prometheus) and that was just for the teaser?  :D

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 24, 2016, 05:39:49 PMThe slogan sounds like they completely ran out of ideas (no pun intended). I really hate that choice of wording. It needed to be a clever play on words or at least harken back to the original. I was hoping for something like, "In paradise, everyone can hear you scream," etcetera. Just "run" feels really cheap.

I wonder if this might be Phase One of the marketing plan, and we'll later see "HIDE", "PRAY", and "CHANGE YER SHORTS" teaser posters...  :P

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 24, 2016, 08:53:46 PM
Quote from: SiL on Nov 24, 2016, 01:00:44 PM
I fixed the poster just for Local Trouble.

I'm blaming you if that catches on.
It's too late for you.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 24, 2016, 06:11:47 PM
Always a chance this is just an early placeholder. They might yet change the tagline/reveal another one before release.

In fact, given that "Run" is kinda bland, I'd almost bet money on that happening.

Let's hope!

They should be reviewing the marketing for 'Alien Isolation' and trying to distill some form a 'best of' formula from that. I'm surprised they even went for the facial reveal and not a more moody close-up of other, more ambiguous, body parts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed