Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 78,958 times)

Xenomorphine

Eh... Very underwhelming poster design. It looks like an early 2000s fan-art thing done in Photoshop: Technically decent enough, but nothing innovative or special.

The slogan sounds like they completely ran out of ideas (no pun intended). I really hate that choice of wording. It needed to be a clever play on words or at least harken back to the original. I was hoping for something like, "In paradise, everyone can hear you scream," etcetera. Just "run" feels really cheap.

Not sure what to think about the face. The teeth look like rubber with silver paint sprayed over them. Would have been nice to see a visibly more transluscent look to them, like the Queen had. On the other hand, the skin texturing looks nice and there appears to be a satisfying return to the tendons on each side of the jaws, which the ADI designs minimalised. The drool seems to be the right consistancy, too - thin enough to seem like realistic saliva.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 24, 2016, 01:13:55 PM
To be honest, I've always preferred the skull-less look. The totally eyeless head is more creepy to me.

Agreed.

Glaive

...I actually thought this was a joke...looks more like something from the later (read crapper...) films of 'Nightmare on Elm Street' or 'Friday the Thirteenth'...

Xeno Help Us!!

lv_226

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 24, 2016, 05:39:49 PM
Eh... Very underwhelming poster design. It looks like an early 2000s fan-art thing done in Photoshop: Technically decent enough, but nothing innovative or special.

The slogan sounds like they completely ran out of ideas (no pun intended). I really hate that choice of wording. It needed to be a clever play on words or at least harken back to the original. I was hoping for something like, "In paradise, everyone can hear you scream," etcetera. Just "run" feels really cheap.

Not sure what to think about the face. The teeth look like rubber with silver paint sprayed over them. Would have been nice to see a visibly more transluscent look to them, like the Queen had. On the other hand, the skin texturing looks nice and there appears to be a satisfying return to the tendons on each side of the jaws, which the ADI designs minimalised. The drool seems to be the right consistancy, too - thin enough to seem like realistic saliva.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 24, 2016, 01:13:55 PM
To be honest, I've always preferred the skull-less look. The totally eyeless head is more creepy to me.

Agreed.

Because minimalism seems to be a design trend as of late I can see why they went in this direction. With regard to the (minimal glimpse at the creature design) I'll put my bias front and center before I open my mouth, but I really dislike what ADI did to the series (the only exception being certain shots in Alien 3 that displays the ferocity of the beast-- and that isn't fully ADI's credit but the DP, direction, etc. ). The alien carapace here, and this isn't an in-film screenshot, looks much better than it has in ages (thinks AVP teeth and alien head design). Now, even in Alien you can't always see every detail of the creature, but it doesn't take anything away from its brilliant design. This isn't my first rodeo with the series—and we all have our opinions—but, I will keep a very open mind until we see more (which I hope is today).

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 24, 2016, 04:53:44 PM
Wonder if UK might be getting it earlier again like Prometheus?

Nah, earlier release for Australia this time around. Treat for the host country.  :P

Am I the only one who thinks there's some sense of translucency in this poster?

Glaive

...so, this poster is just for 'ALIEN' fans who were pissed-off by 'Prometheus', then...they failed...

Corporal Hicks

szkoki

who said there will be a teaser this week?

Corporal Hicks

Someone suggested during Thanksgiving football. Dunno if that's been and gone though (UKian over here).

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 24, 2016, 05:39:49 PMThe slogan sounds like they completely ran out of ideas (no pun intended). I really hate that choice of wording. It needed to be a clever play on words or at least harken back to the original. I was hoping for something like, "In paradise, everyone can hear you scream," etcetera. Just "run" feels really cheap.

Always a chance this is just an early placeholder. They might yet change the tagline/reveal another one before release.

In fact, given that "Run" is kinda bland, I'd almost bet money on that happening.

Enoch

This is a headline for teaser poster... main one is yet to be revealed. ;)

ace3g

If they release a trailer today it will be on Fox during the Cowboys/Washington game at 3:30 p.m cst

Enoch

We are ready... waiting for it!!!

Daz1999

Love this poster  :)

Just knowing the Alien is in this is enough for me, even if this film is crap at least an Alien lit by Ridley will look beautiful, I'll take that all day long

Enoch

Completely agree, but still optimistic about
the overall movie we ll get. ;D Something is telling
me this one will do great. It will honor the original one
and maybe surpass our expectations.

Stolen

Quote from: ace3g on Nov 24, 2016, 06:22:50 PM
If they release a trailer today it will be on Fox during the Cowboys/Washington game at 3:30 p.m cst

It's entirely possible. Release the trailer for Thanksgiving would be a good exposure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed