Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 78,970 times)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Enoch on Nov 24, 2016, 11:21:49 AM
Yes, but I think Prometheus was understandable move, because simple chase movie is worn out.
Yes, we need horror and creepiness but we need a compelling, mind boggling, mysterious story. That above all!
Prometheus, aside all its flaws introduced that smarter story, that bigger picture!
Yet, here we are, back to the "Alien chasing men through dark corridors", and people already say "good, that's what was missing".

We don't need no bigger picture that in the end doesn't make any sense anyway, Prometheus explained nothing it set out to do, and people left unsatisfied.

Let's put it how it is, Prometheus was a f**k up, Ridley wanted to do a big, big Alien movie, FOX didn't, we even heard rumblings about money in the pre-production phase, the compromise was that this movie was then changed and marketed as something entirely new so Scott could get more money and FOX felt more comfortable, in the end of the day, the movie ended up pleasing noone.

It was only after Ridley came in touch with Blomkamp and his ideas for A5 that he wanted to do a more true Alien movie, after seing the fans reaction FOX was also on board this time, giving Blomkamp a nice big "f**k Off and thank you" in the process.

This is basically a remake of Prometheus and probably the movie Ridley wanted to make anyway.

Enoch

Enoch

I agree with that. Covenant will probably (*read as certainly) contain Prometheus and Alien elements and
I hope new writers (togheter with Ridley) will fix some of Prometheus flaws (nonsense/mainly character and narrative things; not so harmful things to the series as a whole), aside that, I have an info it ll answer many of the questions (Prometheus opened) but the mystery will be intact at the end... maybe even amplified.

Simple new alien chaser movies are not necessary...
why making 5 same movies (except 3 of those were so-so even bad)?
Alien 3 and 4 didn't have any twists worthy of original Alien standards.
Cameron's movie was an action packed thriller... and very good one. Fine
sequel to original.

Prometheus is indeed an ambiguous movie...I like that kind of movies. In this case, Prometheus
could be a very satisfying movie (no matter its character flaws and its strange position in Alien series) because it just opened more doors but without closing those already opened in previous movies, that's great thing you must agree. So, Prometheus was like a probe movie, maybe Ridley wanted to know how far he could go with that ambiguity and deeper story and how much of the Alien he needed to have in the next movies. I believe he all along intended the sequels to Prometheus to be complete Xeno movies but with that bigger story and not completely connected to original movie. That's why he said they ll get to original but through back door.

So this one could be in a sense a partial remake or better yet a revision of Prometheus!!!

NickisSmart

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 24, 2016, 12:55:56 AM
No sign of the skull.

Good.

Hate the skull.

Why? The skull is awesome!

KillCrites

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 24, 2016, 04:17:20 AM
Quote from: Serpent/Slayer on Nov 24, 2016, 02:44:50 AM
I think the tagline "SCREAM" would also work.
As a throwback to "In space no one can hear you scream".

They probably thought that too many dummies would mistake it for Alien vs. Ghostface.

Ghostface X

Whiskeybrewer

I'm loving this and love the faith Fox is finally really showing in the franchise for the first time since the 80's.
I love the tagline and the fact its an original Alien in the movie, they would have had to use this since the true look of the Neomorph they want to keep as the real surprise.

Wonder how this will effect the Neca figures and the Novelisation release dates

NickisSmart

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 24, 2016, 01:19:13 AM
In regards to the tag line, 'RUN'.  I've tried that.  It doesn't do any good.  lol.

-Windebieste.

Right? have these guys ever played Alien: Isolation? haha

SiL

I fixed the poster just for Local Trouble.

426Buddy

HuDaFuK

To be honest, I've always preferred the skull-less look. The totally eyeless head is more creepy to me.

BonesawT101

Feel like I've been waiting since 2012 for this poster. Ever since 'Prometheus' was announced as 'an original film with strands of alien DNA' and the whole is it or isn't it an alien movie/alien prequel question kicked into gear. 'Prometheus' was a pseudo prequel to 'Alien', no doubt about it. However it was far from 'an Alien movie'. Everything we have heard and seen thus far about 'Alien: Covenant' has cemented the idea that this is every bit the Alien prequel we have been waiting for. Roll on May 2017. And whatever you do, when the Alien gets here, 'RUN'

Enoch

Enoch

You mean this one... its interesting but pretty humanoid in its origin... that frontal part.
It can be one of that black goo mutated versions  of Xeno, but that originally conceived through
facehugger needs to be more divine, elegant and yet strange/creepy... otherworldly (from other dimension).

That's why this one without eyes (skull morphology) is a lot more effective...
Creatures dwelling in dark doesn't need eyes!

SiL

It was never meant to be in your face.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Nov 24, 2016, 09:42:55 AM
Does anyone know if they May 19th release is Domestically/USA or Internationally?

US so far.

Immortan Jonesy

Last night I dreamed with the trĂ¡iler lol It was a planet similar to a Paradise but with a lot of mutant alien creatures (black goo) and that's all I remember. God, I'm so excited for this movie, like a boy before opening his Christmas presents  ;D

Adam802

Original Giger Alien in poster...thank God.  Hope its actually in the movie though

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed