Harry Gregson-Williams No Longer Scoring Alien: Covenant?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 31, 2016, 07:10:43 AM

Author
Harry Gregson-Williams No Longer Scoring Alien: Covenant? (Read 38,843 times)

whiterabbit

Oh wow, no ones kid could be as dumb to leak photo's under a name that mimics his dad's profession... could there? In the worst case, what's the point of losing an entire score at this point. Unless they're going to refuse to pay him for it, in which case, the score is gone. f**k this is a barn burner.

Whiskeybrewer

Well i remember something similar happening on the news with a court case about money.
A deal was made where a company would pay a householder in an out of court settlement over something i cant remember and they had a NDA in place . But the guys daughter put a post on her Twitter and Facebook saying she was getting a free holiday and getting out of school, because of the money her dad was getting.
The company saw this and used it as an excuse to not pay the money as it broke the NDA in their eyes and the courts agreed. I think it was a couple of Million the family would have got if the daughter hadnt have said anything

skhellter

They should've hired Goldenthal in the first place.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Nov 01, 2016, 08:31:53 AM
Interesting. For some reason I doubt it's anything to do with the 'musicians son' leaks. Creative differences perhaps? Maybe Ridley wants something more akin to Jerry Goldsmith this time around?

If he has indeed been fired and Fox is no longer using his score then it must be over creative differences.

If it was his son that leaked those pictures (and this is massive speculation) then he would technically have breached his NDA. But, it would be pointless to fire him this late into production and find another top-notch composer at such short notice. In such circumstances the guilty party is usually allowed to complete the job and will receive payment and official credits as due to them. They just shouldn't expect to find much work in the film industry in the future because it is really a very small community and word gets around.

If it was over creative differences then he must have had a really serious falling-out with either Fox or Scott.

Pvt. Himmel

Strange that he hasn't answered if he was fired or not... Imagine ruining the best chance for your dad's career cause you are jealous. :P

Corporal Hicks

He's just replied - he's off Covenant. Not a miscommunication.

BishopShouldGo

That's sad. He seemed excited. Maybe Ridley will employ Zimmer.

BonesawT101

Strange. Wonder why  ???

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 01, 2016, 05:43:26 PM

Quote from: Harry Gregson WilliamsI won't be scoring Covenant after all!

Almost sounds like he hasn't done anything on it at all.  ???

What were all those recording sessions about?  ???

John Doe

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 01, 2016, 05:43:26 PM

Yep, i told him i love what he did for Prometheus.... and yep, sad news.

BishopShouldGo

This is Composer Harry Gregson-Williams, second victim of Ridley's(first was Arthur Max), signing off.

John Doe

Do you think Marc Streitenfeld will return for Covenant?.

I know Zimmer it´s imposible....

BonesawT101

Quote from: John Doe on Nov 01, 2016, 06:05:38 PM
Do you think Marc Streitenfeld will return for Covenant?.

I know Zimmer it´s imposible....
I hope it's not Streitenfeld.

Darkoo

Michael Giacchino will save the day.

CainsSon

Could he have only been doing work on it to match his 'THEME' in PROMETHEUS? He only did 2 songs for that, no?

Another possibility is just that FOX wants to remove the film from PROMETHEUS? But recent leaks suggest that isn't the case. I actually rather dislike the score for PROMETHEUS. It felt kinda bland to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed