Introducing Walter, Alien: Covenant's New Synthetic

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2016, 10:29:12 PM

Author
Introducing Walter, Alien: Covenant's New Synthetic (Read 51,251 times)

The Alien Predator

Or Edward, just like Edward Scissorhands, another artificial human from a film of the same name.

Corporal Hicks

It's an entirely superficial thing but I am a little disappointed they didn't follow the pattern. First world problems, ey?

I do like the name though. There's just something about it. Walter. Sounds like a butler-esque name you would give a synthetic.

BonesawT101

Yeah, I like the name, it's got such an old school synthetic feel to it.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Androids haven't dna....so i think that black goo has null effects on them...

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 31, 2016, 07:12:18 AM
It's an entirely superficial thing but I am a little disappointed they didn't follow the pattern. First world problems, ey?

I do like the name though. There's just something about it. Walter. Sounds like a butler-esque name you would give a synthetic.
It is possible that they're many androids on the ship. Maybe we'll get androids named E --> V along with Walter.  :laugh:

Scorpio

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 31, 2016, 07:46:29 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 31, 2016, 07:12:18 AM

It is possible that they're many androids on the ship. Maybe we'll get androids named E --> V along with Walter.  :laugh:

Maybe they're all androids.  :o

HuDaFuK

Oh f*ck you, Ridley, for spoiling the pattern!

A - Ash
B - Bishop
C - Call
D - David

W - Walter

:P

Anonymous

Anonymous

i am a little bit disappointed about that thing of "spores" which, combinated to black goo, contaminate humans. that s too vanilla. i would have loved to see something more elaborated about the genesis of xenos. something arcaic and totally astonishing, totally new. but following the line offered by the spoilers, it s seems that the movie has already been explained.

Pvt. Himmel

I love how Ridley can change it up. 8)

The Bonus Situation

I love the way Fassbender is looking at Scott. Like a good student paying VERY close attention to what the professor is saying!

God I can't wait for this film.

motherfather

motherfather

I just dont get it. These last few revelations seem to get further away from the Alien universe and closer to the Prometheus universe. Exactly the opposite of what was promised in various interviews with Ridley.

Why no E-name? And why, oh why, no female android? Thats hardly shaking anything up.

Technically, Walter could have been in Prometheus assuming its a prequel timeline wise to Alien. Z or A would make the covenant android name fit to start over at A again for Alien. Thats the only explanation I can think of.

Le Celticant

It's actually not far from reality:

Spoiler
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

So is he the one who Knocks?  :P

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Le Celticant on Oct 31, 2016, 10:53:33 AMIt's actually not far from reality:

My favourite's still First Blood, Rambo: First Blood Part 2, Rambo III, John Rambo.

whiterabbit

Yea ok... Prometheus, Alien: Covenant, Alien, Aliens, Alien³, Alien: Resurrection.

What was he thinking...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed