Alien 5 Or A New Storyline?

Started by g2vd, Aug 25, 2016, 09:36:32 AM

Choose

Aliens "2" (Blomkamp Project)
New Storyline
Alien 5 (Resurrection Sequel)
Author
Alien 5 Or A New Storyline? (Read 10,964 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 03, 2016, 04:38:46 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 03, 2016, 02:28:41 AM
It's technically Weaver's proposal. She's the one who doesn't want to reprise Ripley 8 and convinced him to go down the route of ignoring the two previous films.

And she's been the one person on the production side who's consistently praised and defended the both of them - and apparently still does.

Wait, wait...Sorry for being so dense, but you're saying that she doesn't want to play the character of Ripley 8 again and that she has no objections against retconning A3 and A:R, but at the same time she has always defended and praised A3 and A:R?

Kind of confusing.

Why's that confusing?  Maybe she is proud of the work she did but wants to tell a different story.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Bingo.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

*coughs

Pay cheque

The Alien Predator

Perfect Organism and BishopShouldGo, how many extra accounts did you guys make to boost the Blomkamp vote? :P  ;D  :laugh:

Just kidding. It's interesting to see how these polls are turning out regardless of our views. I wonder why not many people seem to be picking a Resurrection sequel. Is it the stigma associated with A:R?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 03, 2016, 04:47:10 PM
Perfect Organism and BishopShouldGo, how many extra accounts did you guys make to boost the Blomkamp vote? :P  ;D  :laugh:

Just kidding. It's interesting to see how these polls are turning out regardless of our views. I wonder why not many people seem to be picking a Resurrection sequel. Is it the stigma associated with A:R?

None, but.. great idea!!  kidding :laugh:

For those who support the retcon, I invite you to join the FB page: Aliens.Continuity.Change.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Lol if Weaver was in it for the paycheck she would not have turned down Whedon's Alien 5. His took place on Earth and she didn't want to go to Earth.

Homegirl also has a few Avatars lined up. And other films in general. Paycheck! Paycheck?!

Haaaaa!

Perfect-Organism

Fans of Blomkamp's Alien film featuring Ripley, Hicks, Newt and a bit of Bishop unite!  We need to help Neil save this film from the clutches of those who do not like happy endings..

SpreadEagleBeagle

It's quite interesting, isn't it?  :o

;)

QuoteJust kidding. It's interesting to see how these polls are turning out regardless of our views. I wonder why not many people seem to be picking a Resurrection sequel. Is it the stigma associated with A:R?

Totally related to the stigma of A:R as it seems like people believe that a sequel to A:R _MUST_ look like A:R and _HAS_ to follow the same tone and style as A:R. It's kind of funny and sad at the same time.

Depending on where the story takes place the director of an A:R sequel can do pretty much whatever he/she wants. Ditch characters and design and go for something new or retro, or something in between. Imagination is the limit.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 03, 2016, 08:24:33 PM

It's quite interesting, isn't it?  :o

;)

QuoteJust kidding. It's interesting to see how these polls are turning out regardless of our views. I wonder why not many people seem to be picking a Resurrection sequel. Is it the stigma associated with A:R?

Totally related to the stigma of A:R as it seems like people believe that a sequel to A:R _MUST_ look like A:R and _HAS_ to follow the same tone and style as A:R. It's kind of funny and sad at the same time.

Depending on where the story takes place the director of an A:R sequel can do pretty much whatever he/she wants. Ditch characters and design and go for something new or retro, or something in between. Imagination is the limit.

I got it.  As the main characters are walking through Paris, they get attacked by a gang, where all the characters except Ripley die in the opening credits.  Obviously Ripley is a superhero now so she is ok.  She finds a lifeboat from the Auriga has landed with a chestbursted guy inside and no sign of the alien.  But Ripley now has a sixth sense which tells her the direction where the alien is hiding.  Hilarity ensues.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 03, 2016, 08:41:02 PM
I got it.  As the main characters are walking through Paris, they get attacked by a gang, where all the characters except Ripley die in the opening credits.  Obviously Ripley is a superhero now so she is ok.  She finds a lifeboat from the Auriga has landed with a chestbursted guy inside and no sign of the alien.  But Ripley now has a sixth sense which tells her the direction where the alien is hiding.  Hilarity ensues.

Et voila, and we already have a scenario/concept way better than the one hinted at by Blomkamp. It's not hard.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 03, 2016, 08:48:22 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 03, 2016, 08:41:02 PM

Et voila, and we already have scenario/concept way better than the one hinted at by Blomkamp. It's not hard.

Thanks Man!

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 03, 2016, 08:48:22 PMEt voila, and we already have a scenario/concept way better than the one hinted at by Blomkamp. It's not hard.
The Alien Queen that boarded the Sulaco was NOT the Queen on LV-426 it was Big Chap! Who after drifting alone near LV-426 for 50 years had evolved into a Queen!

But you ask where is the story? well you see a Starship Captain had family members on LV-426 and via a high class friend at WY had learned that Hadley's Hope fell off the Radar and so took his crew to LV-426 to check it out before boarding the Sulaco and finding the Queen.

It explains everything! Why the Egg was there, why the Sulaco blew up so badly (Due to unseen damage from the battles the Captain's crew had with the Queen that nobody spotted), How the Queen got there.

DONE. All we have to do is send it to Fox so they can make it into a new Prequel novel and we'll become Gagallaioners!

windebieste

windebieste

EXCELLENT!  I always wanted to be a 'Gagallaioner'. 

Can't wait!

But seriously, it's an interesting take on what may have happened to the Alien after the first movie - Ripley faces it a 2nd time - but it's had plenty of time to fully develop into the Queen.  Take eggmorphing into consideration, too.  It  could be a formative part of its development to its true adulthood. 

I'm guessing this idea has been suggested before; but it's the first time I've heard of it.  The original Big Chap is the Queen..?  lol.  Why not?  Double lol.

-Windebieste.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

It's technically Weaver's proposal. She's the one who doesn't want to reprise Ripley 8 and convinced him to go down the route of ignoring the two previous films.

And she's been the one person on the production side who's consistently praised and defended the both of them - and apparently still does.

Wait, wait...Sorry for being so dense, but you're saying that she doesn't want to play the character of Ripley 8 again and that she has no objections against retconning A3 and A:R, but at the same time she has always defended and praised A3 and A:R?

Kind of confusing.

We know Weaver's said she doesn't want to reprise the clone.

We know Blomkamp's said she was the one responsible for convincing him to ignore the third film, because before that, his story took account of - and was set after - it.

We also know Weaver has actively defended and praised the third and fourth films whenever she's been asked about them.

Therfore, the decision to ignore the third/fourth films should be labelled as Weaver's proposal, not his (he just liked her spin on it sufficiently to think it improved whatever he already had in mind). The one person involved in the production of all the original films, who has consistently defended every single one of them.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 04, 2016, 02:14:25 AM

Kind of confusing.

We know Weaver's said she doesn't want to reprise the clone.

We know Blomkamp's said she was the one responsible for convincing him to ignore the third film, because before that, his story took account of - and was set after - it.

We also know Weaver has actively defended and praised the third and fourth films whenever she's been asked about them.

Therfore, the decision to ignore the third/fourth films should be labelled as Weaver's proposal, not his (he just liked her spin on it sufficiently to think it improved whatever he already had in mind). The one person involved in the production of all the original films, who has consistently defended every single one of them.

Well, that sucks. I've heard rumors before that Sigorney has a greedy streak but never took it that seriously, but reading this maybe there is some truth to it. I mean, A:R was not necessary as A3 was in fact the perfect ending. Sure Ripley 8 is a new character, but at the same time she isn't - especially not to Weaver as she is making bank no matter what. Sigorney Weaver knows that there is a huge and zealous fan base and following of ALIENS, and she knows that the gaming industry loves anything that has to do with soldiers in space with futuristic weapons shooting up bug-like monsters in space, and it doesn't get better than ALIENS, right?

Like SM said, no one has gotten the green light to continue where A:R ended because FOX knows that A:R has bad rep and they don't dare to invest in it unless they know it will make big bucks worldwide. With an ALIENS-based sequel they know there is at least a solid fan base to cash in on as well as most of the gamers out there. But they also know that 30 years have passed and that many other franchises have taken over the torch Cameron once handed to them, especially in the video game industry, which means that the interest in a fan service ALIENS sequel might not attract as many people as it used to. That's why they're going with Prometheus, A:C (Alien: Covenant) and an A:C sequel to see what the response will be like.

Sigorney Weaver, of course, probably pushes this A5 idea that Blomkamp is working on as it guarantees her a big check, and if lucky it will spawn sequels on its own. I take it from a money standpoint and a career standpoint she believes in Blomkamp's sequel, but not so much when it comes to a sequel based on A3/A:R - I mean, it's been waiting there, in the water, for almost 20 years now, with no one daring to pick it up. However, if it turns out that A:C nullifies the concept and premise of A2, and we end up with a story taking place in the era of Ripley 8, I'm sure Sigorney will gladly accept the offer to play Ripley 8 as this is probably her last chance to reprise the Ripley character, with or without an 8 in the end.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed