Alien 5 Or A New Storyline?

Started by g2vd, Aug 25, 2016, 09:36:32 AM

Choose

Aliens "2" (Blomkamp Project)
New Storyline
Alien 5 (Resurrection Sequel)
Author
Alien 5 Or A New Storyline? (Read 10,473 times)

g2vd

g2vd

So I've been thinking and I've figured this would be a interesting subject to do. to gauge how many people here on AVP-Galaxy would prefer what we know of Alien 5 or a entirely new storyline one that does not follow Ripley to be the new movie. now the main thing for the poll is there can be no preconceived ideas of what the New storyline should be, this poll gauges whether or not the majority wants the Alien Series to return to Ripley or go to a new and mysterious original Story if they had the choice. so think long and hard about the choice you will vote for because you can not revote on it, it's up to you to decide.

So do not vote for what you think some fans or other fans might prefer it's you're choice.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

What about an option for the one true alien 5, the sequel to alien resurrection? I mean at least freaking try to keep the story together in some coherent fashion.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 25, 2016, 09:53:53 AM
What about an option for the one true alien 5, the sequel to alien resurrection? I mean at least freaking try to keep the story together in some coherent fashion.
I originally started it with just the New Storyline and Alien 5 as the options because I figured if you start adding several ideas like a return to the aesthetic of Alien than the poll becomes less accurate, as some people may prefer their ideas to the others and blah blah. the poll becomes a bit of a mess.

So New Storyline represented a unknown entry to the series all that is known to anybody is it wouldn't focus on Ripley and would simply be new, but a sequel to Res is indeed a good poll choice.

I would have actually edited that in if somebody hadn't already done that for and hijacked my poll hehe :D

Anyway, I reset the poll you can now vote for the Resquel if you want.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: g2vd on Aug 25, 2016, 11:19:55 AM
I would have actually edited that in if somebody hadn't already done that for and hijacked my poll hehe :D

Sorry.  :P

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh man ran him over like Ripley running over an alien in the APC. :P

However, thanks man. It is a legitimate option in that a traditional sequel would follow the events of the previous movie. Also I don't think having Ripley return would be as much of a problem in an A|R sequel. Of course that would mean Hick's and Newt are bye-bye. Yet that is the movie I'd rather see made.

Kurai

Kurai

I'm all for the sequel to A:R. The currently cannonical novels have portrayed a really cool change in times after the events of that movie.

I think your poll is flawed somewhat in that a true "Alien 5" and a sequel to Alien Resurrection are one in the same. It may be too late but I suggest changing Alien 5 to what you truly mean: Aliens 2.

Nostromo

Nostromo

New storylines, new crews and none have seen an Alien yet. I'm also very happy with a few more movies like Alien Covenent directed by Scott.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: Kurai on Aug 25, 2016, 01:51:09 PM
I think your poll is flawed somewhat in that a true "Alien 5" and a sequel to Alien Resurrection are one in the same. It may be too late but I suggest changing Alien 5 to what you truly mean: Aliens 2.
You guys are going to make me edit this poll all day aren't you. :D

No prob, The titles have been edited

They can be changed back if anyone objects.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 25, 2016, 11:23:24 AM
Quote from: g2vd on Aug 25, 2016, 11:19:55 AM

Sorry.  :P
No problem. :D

Corporal Hicks

To be honest, I'd rather take a completely new storyline or a sequel to Resurrection than the retcon. Resurrection wasn't a great film but it had some decent concepts in that could be explored far better. I think Ripley 8 has so much potential that the film just didn't tap into.

The Alien Predator

I picked sequel to Resurrection because I want to see more of the far future setting, it's an interesting world. A sequel to Resurrection can even take place centuries later and won't have to feature Ripley-8, it could still have all new characters. But I won't mind Ripley-8 because she would probably actively seek out Aliens for some reason, or Call might call her again to take out a new infestation or something.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Aliens 2. Ya gotta give us that proper Ripley send-off. Just one movie for a nice, correct trilogy. Then go nuts with new storylines.

Master

Master

Voted A:R sequel. Bring Rip8, Johner and Call. With tone of make up it's possible ;D Make them go after USM who recently created another clone Rip9 (who looks like queen kerrigan, and prefect is combination of Rip and Alien Queen capable of laying eggs) and are performing combat test of new aquired Aliens on some poor ass colonists.  :P

First heard here on AvPGalaxy by yours truly Master.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 26, 2016, 04:54:01 AM
Aliens 2. Ya gotta give us that proper Ripley send-off. Just one movie for a nice, correct trilogy. Then go nuts with new storylines.

They went "nuts" with Alien: Resurrection...   :-\ Like literally, you can't go anymore nuts than cloning back a character and extracting its mutated Xeno which eventually gives birth to an even freakier version. Plus all them messed up failed clones.

Really, how much more "nuts" can they go lol? You got exactly that, a PROPER send off (to a fiery doom) for Ripley, an end to her chapter. And finally, a new chapter set centuries later in a new era that was totally NUTS!

Why ask for it again? Instead of something new or continue exploring this new future even further? I mean honestly dude, you STILL get your precious Ripley in it, she's called "RIpley-8" She can easily meet a new badass marine and rescue another girl. Don't worry, humans haven't stopped procreating by 2381, there's plenty more Newts out there.

Ripley-8 could very easily "pass on the torch" to a new character in this post A:R film. Blomkamp's idea could very easily fit here too. Just add "8" to his Ripley and change the date to past 2381, ditch Biehn and probably bring back someone like Johnner. Then find another child actress for your new Newt. YAY! We all win!

Plus Blomkamp could use his creativity in world building to expand upon the A:R era future, I love his work on the Prawn technology in District 9. And his world building in other films looked interesting, especially the technologies. He could really go wild with working on A:R technologies.

But NOOOOooooo.... life's never that easy.  :-\ He was almost on the right track with his original idea, where his sequel was RIpley free as it should be. I don't think he realizes how much these three characters shackle and limit his ideas when he could literally go totally nuts without them and bring us another masterpiece like District 9.

I really hate hearing "proper send off" because no one adequately defends this idea, it's always something opinion based (which is fine), but the way they say it belittles the other film which other people already consider a "proper send off". And "go nuts with the next films" already happened as I said, it's called Alien: Resurrection. Do you want another Alien: Resurrection?  ;D I loved it, but eh... did the fandom? Not so much.

You are gonna have to define "proper send off" here mate, because Alien 3 could be classed as one. And also "go nuts", because as I mentioned.... last time they went DEEZ NUTS, it didn't get received very well.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Are you insane? ;) :laugh:

1) Alien 3, in my opinion, was not a proper send because it had no respect for the previous two entries.

2) "Go nuts" I didn't mean make a crazy storyline, I meant "feel free to come up with new storylines". New. Not crazy.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 27, 2016, 02:40:32 PM
Are you insane? ;) :laugh:

1) Alien 3, in my opinion, was not a proper send because it had no respect for the previous two entries.

2) "Go nuts" I didn't mean make a crazy storyline, I meant "feel free to come up with new storylines". New. Not crazy.

Yes, I am loony.  :P  :laugh:

1) That's fair enough, but it's a proper send off to me.  :P

2) Alien: Resurrection was a new storyline.  ;D I also want a new storyline but one without these three characters, maybe RIpley 8, but that's it.

I think it begins getting silly for her to keep encountering Aliens.

Alien - it made sense, she found them by chance.

Aliens - it also makes sense as she was consulted and with heavy hesitation, she decided to go.

Alien 3 - it makes sense as one somehow snuck aboard and like the Predator said; "shit happens."

Alien: Resurrection - she was cloned because the company wanted the Alien that was within her. I like the idea of the Facehugger infecting the host with a type of cancer, and cancers do alter DNA. So a Xenomorph could be in a host's DNA. This is a good survival strategy if the host is some type of regenerative organism... constant Aliens bursting out of it. It also makes sense how the Chestburster is in the chest cavity and not in your oesophagus or lungs.

I am struggling to think RIpley's motive for Blomkamp's film. We know she wanted to destroy them, but we also know she wanted nothing to do with them and she was torn apart by the whole choice of whether to go or not to go to Acheron.

Frankly, one person constantly encountering them does begin to get a bit too coincidental when humanity as a whole has many people like Ripley just itching to kick some chitinous ass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed