Humans awareness of extraterrestrials in the Alien Series

Started by T Dog, Jul 04, 2016, 01:00:22 PM

Author
Humans awareness of extraterrestrials in the Alien Series (Read 14,476 times)

Corporal Hicks

Agreed on Weaver issue. They seem unwilling to separate from the name.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 19, 2016, 07:28:17 PM
I think aliens and predators are great by themselves. But in hindsight I think the crossover should have stayed with the comics and games.

It can still work. Just needs to be done properly and not as a cheap cash grab.

The Alien Predator

Exactly, it can definitely be done well if done properly.

I think that a good director, writer, budget will allow for a good AvP film, preferably one set in an Alien style future. It'd just blend so well.

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 19, 2016, 07:14:58 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 19, 2016, 07:02:49 PM
I look forward to the day when the legs of the Alien franchise are no longer shackled to the balls-and-chains that are Sigourney Weaver, Carrie Henn, Michael Biehn and anyone else named 'Ripley'.

Fixed this for you.  :P

When has the production of an Alien film ever hinged on the involvement of Michael Biehn or Carrie Henn?

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 19, 2016, 08:57:46 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 19, 2016, 07:14:58 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 19, 2016, 07:02:49 PM
I look forward to the day when the legs of the Alien franchise are no longer shackled to the balls-and-chains that are Sigourney Weaver, Carrie Henn, Michael Biehn and anyone else named 'Ripley'.

Fixed this for you.  :P

When has the production of an Alien film ever hinged on the involvement of Michael Biehn or Carrie Henn?

Alien 5 seems to be doing it.

Adam802

Humanity never discovered alien life before the "Nostromo Incident" in the 1st film.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Adam802 on Aug 19, 2016, 11:13:33 PM
Humanity never discovered alien life before the "Nostromo Incident" in the 1st film.

Well there was at least that one "Prometheus incident" wasn't there?  True it may have never been recorded, but who knows?

Inverse Effect

I"m still waiting for a Decent AVP movie in the vain of the video games and comics... None of this Hick town crap we got...

Technically speaking AVP movies are the first encounter humans had with Aliens.. Haters gonna hate. But the town was nuked so nobody survived... Then Comes the first Alien movie.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Guts on Aug 20, 2016, 05:31:48 PM
I"m still waiting for a Decent AVP movie in the vain of the video games and comics... None of this Hick town crap we got...

Technically speaking AVP movies are the first encounter humans had with Aliens.. Haters gonna hate. But the town was nuked so nobody survived... Then Comes the first Alien movie.

Don't forget the flashback scenes thousands of years ago, those may have been the first encounters.

Inverse Effect

How does that fit into the Canon? :D

AvA

Aliens vs Aztecs

Kaltes

Quote from: Guts on Aug 20, 2016, 07:59:07 PM
AvA

Aliens vs Aztecs

Soon to be an AVP prequel novel! XD

Master

Actually very first ET contact was over 10 000 years ago with engineers. Then came Predators few thousands years later and brought Aliens. Then was 1904 Bovotoya incident, then 2004 Bovotoya and Colorado  incident. There was also Prometheus encounter and Covenant encounter. And finally Alien :P

Kaltes

Quote from: Master on Aug 21, 2016, 11:58:35 AM

Actually very first ET contact was over 10 000 years ago with engineers. Then came Predators few thousands years later and brought Aliens. Then was 1904 Bovotoya incident, then 2004 Bovotoya and Colorado  incident. There was also Prometheus encounter and Covenant encounter. And finally Alien :P

Plus the first Predator movies before AVP and Predators in 2010.

Master

Adding pure predator encounters there are additional three/four (counting the Predator).

Inverse Effect

IT's hard not to denounce Predators in the Alien-verse considering a lot of the stuff outside of the movies is Alien vs Predator related with the comics and games. I'm still waiting for that Perfect AvP game reminiscent of the AVP Gold game we got years ago, Atmosphere was ooozing.

That Menu theme though.. Imagine if that was used in an Actual Futuristic AvP movie with Marines, and Predators and stuff ughh...

"Opening Credits Roll"

Black Screen...

Then BAAAAM! Just as the music gets epic

But yeah, i'm gonna stick with that other extraterrestrials exists within the Alien-Verse, including Predators.

motherfather

I think in alien its excusable because its a mainly non-science crew wanting to blow it out the goddamn airlock.

In Aliens, the conference room scene confirms of no lifeform like that discovered in xyz surveyed worlds. The military crew there being trained not to flinch even if a pink elephant flew across right in front of them.

Prometheus however... Not excused. . We all know that in real life, reactions of those Nasa and Esa scientists are not at all muted. So to have Prometheus scientists NOT be awestruck, or NOT bursting with excitement from every orifice over the discovery of a new alien lifeform (even if its the 10th new lifeform theyve discovered that day) is inexcusable.

It was the first thing I noticed when I watched Prometheus at the cinema first time around and the crew come across the decapitated body. No wonderment. No yelps that a posited theory had been proven or disproven. Nothing. I knew at that instant, right there and then, that the film was off in some way. A chink in the armor...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed