AVP2010: forces to pause, freezes, Microsoft edge has opened itself

Started by Roxianakil, May 25, 2016, 10:19:43 AM

Author
AVP2010: forces to pause, freezes, Microsoft edge has opened itself (Read 2,822 times)

Roxianakil

So yeah, I'm stuck with Windows 10 (new computer you know) and I have a problem where middle of the match it forces you to the pause menu, freezes (I can still hear the game sounds), then I smash the window button on my keyboard and after awhile I finally get to the desktop and I notice Microsoft Edge has opened itself with the start page askin "what would you like to do?" (to play the game in peace dammit!). I don't have Edge as my default browser and I have disabled other applications that used to pop open and cause the game freeze the same way, but there doesnt seem to be anyway to disable edge from popping up. Ccleaner doesn't seem to work, any suggestions? This problem is annoying, it doesn't crash the game and I can return to it eventually but in the meantime other players get free kills out of me. :(
Also, I guess it's because AVP3 is six years old and Windows 10 is the latest OS, but sometimes the game crashes (not too often luckily), saying that the application has stopped working etc, so if there is a solution for that then I'd like to hear it. :(

The Xenoborg

That happens to me too except that Microsoft Edge doesn't seem to act like how you've described. But my game just minimizes on its own every 20-25 minutes for no reason. It's started happening since I reinstalled Windows 10. Before that, everything ran smoothly with no problems until Windows 10 crashed for me in December 2015.

Roxianakil

One time there was huge update to windows 10 which took several hours to install. When I started to play AVP it crashed again and again and again. Remember the blue screen of death? well now it's BLACK screen of death, without the text. AVP became unplayable for me. Lucky for me, I was able to return my computer to it's previous version and it doesn't crash anymore. But that weird freezing still happens sometimes, no solution found. :(

RidgeTop

Try verifying the integrity of the game cache in Steam, and if there are no files to be reacquired then you might want to try running it in compatibility mode.   

Roxianakil

Hmmm, wait a minute....this only happens to me on STEAM games. Not on other games. Sometimes the Edge popped out but it has not recently....I once had steam open and suddenly it closed and started updating itself, so.....maybe the problem is on Steam?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed