The Music...

Started by eaterofsoulsxxx, Apr 14, 2016, 09:12:18 AM

Author
The Music... (Read 3,155 times)

eaterofsoulsxxx

eaterofsoulsxxx

Hey, everyone~ I'm new here and it's nice to meet you all and it's VERY exciting to know that there's a new Predator movie coming to us in 2018! So, introduction done.

I wonder who do you think or want to do the music in the new Predator film?

We have the original which is Alan Silvestri and then we have John Debney.

Other composers can probably do well but I'm afraid that they'll be unfaithful to the original themes used in the previous films. I mean I'm all about new compositions but I'd like to have the original themes within it as well. Remixed if possible. I personally think Alan should return but if not and they get Debney again, I would love to hear this track be used in the film: http://picosong.com/NajB/ <- - - Remixed and redone actually. I think it's a pretty cool track and it's my absolute favorite!

What do you think?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Rumor has it that John Paesano (Maze Runner) will be doing the score.

Why Rumor? It was on IMDB for some time, then it was deleted, then it was put back on and now it's deleted again.

So maybe the guy is involved, maybe not, since anybody can edit IMDB, but there is a chance he might be ending up doing the score.

I don't think Alan Silvestri will come back, it would be nice, but the truth is he is not needed, the score (besides the first AvP) was never a Problem in these movies. I liked the score for Predators, the new/mixed parts at least and i think any good composer can deliver a great music for this movie.

eaterofsoulsxxx

eaterofsoulsxxx

Really? That's interesting. I never heard his score before but I see... And I guess so but I'm just saying that it would be nice to hear them again. aND that is true. We'll just have to see in the future when the film is released and the score itself.

georgeromero

georgeromero

No matter how much I enjoy Silvestri soundtrack I'd prefer another take on the OST. The remix of the original track worked for Predators but it felt like a tribute from a fan film. I don't mean just the music but everything else about that film was like an ode to the first Predator .

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Alan Silvestri must be involved somehow, new score, or reusing parts of the old score like in AVPR.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

If they change the score it will be, "It's not as good as the original"

If they keep the score, or use variations, it will be, "They're just ripping off the original/too many nods to the original"

Xan21

Xan21

Compare Predator and Predator 2's soundtrack, they both are very good! Eleborate on that. The only one I want for it is Silvestri.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Xan21 on Apr 28, 2016, 11:24:32 PM
Compare Predator and Predator 2's soundtrack, they both are very good! Eleborate on that. The only one I want for it is Silvestri.

You'd be surprised by the sheer number of people who think the Predator 2 score is a lazy rip-off the original score.
It jut keeps the basics beautifuly and adds nice variations to it, in one word, perfect.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

They should keep the original and add something more.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I really hope they get Alan Silvestri again.

Giger Beast

Giger Beast

Why would anyone want them to reuse music from a previous film?

Sure, some of the same themes would be nice, but I think it'd be great if we got a totally new score from a new composer. Give this film its own identity. That's just my two cents.

SiL

SiL

I like how Predator 2 built on the soundtrack to the original movie.

Most movie soundtracks these days are really blurring together for me. I'd be really surprised to ever hear something like the Predator score in a modern movie.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on May 01, 2016, 09:18:28 AM
I like how Predator 2 built on the soundtrack to the original movie
Basically this, and that's why I'd love to see Silvestri return for the new one. It's been decades since 'Predator 2', let's see what he can come up with with 20 additional years of composing experience under his belt.

SiL

SiL

After listening to The Avengers it sounds like he's joined the bandwagon of generic action music :P

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on May 01, 2016, 10:58:28 PM
After listening to The Avengers it sounds like he's joined the bandwagon of generic action music :P
I dunno, I really like his main theme for 'The Avengers'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed