(FAUX) 'ALIEN Isolation' Bubblegum Cards.

Started by windebieste, Mar 30, 2016, 05:09:41 AM

Author
(FAUX) 'ALIEN Isolation' Bubblegum Cards. (Read 23,661 times)

Corporal Hicks

You're making me want to do another playthrough!

windebieste

Yeah... another playthrough is good.  I never did find everything.  A couple dog tags never found, a Nostromo log, maybe 2 I never uncovered...  It's an immensely replayable game.  That AI is something else.  Even after multiple play throughs, I saw it doing stuff I'd not previously encountered. 

It's totally worth another run around Ye Olde Haunted Space Station at least one more time...

Draw No. 20

Numbers drawn: 84, 79, 58, 65, 68, 86.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  84(1), 79(1), 58(1), 65(1), 68(2), 86(1),

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

A fistful of duplicates in this Draw.   Although, 'MARSHAL WAITS HAS A PLAN.' is still one of my favourite titles. LOL.

-Windebieste.

Perfect-Organism

Windebieste, every time you post, I picture this jolly red dinosaur at the keyboard.   :laugh:  I can't help it!  Love the cards...

windebieste

Draw No. 21

Numbers drawn: 50, 52, 61, 28, 6, 10.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  52(1), 61(2), 28(2), 6(3), 10(1).

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

Lots of people shots here.  The only new item is that one survivor who delivers my favourite line of dialogue in the whole game.  The rest is a reasonable sampling of miscellaneous human characters. 

Card No.6 has now been duplicated 3 times.  Back in the day, I'd have a tall stack of bubblegum cards (or sticker set) and it would be just like this:  Incomplete with a large number of duplicates that I could swap out with friends.  It was always a joy discovering someone else who needed that card No.6 and I'd have 3 of them - and they could trade one of their multiples for one of mine. 

Those were the best Win/Win situations I ever had as a child.

Oh yeah...

As to your speculations regarding the whole 'jolly red dinosaur at the keyboard' gig goes.  Yep.  You got it...  Your comment definitely describes my desk.  Here's a bonus 'behind the scenes' gag card for ya.  Yes.  This is my desk.  Complete with Aliens, toy donsaur and beige donsaur keyboard. lol:

Glad you enjoy the cards.  This exercise has been a fun experiment.

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

Corporal Hicks

:laugh: I love it. Maybe we should have a share your desk thread?

windebieste

Maybe you should.  I'm actually surprised one doesn't exist already.  It's your decision.

Draw No. 22

Numbers drawn: 61, 59, 81, 96, 92, 12.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  61(3), 81(2), 96(1), 12(1)

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

2 unique items in this Draw: 

Marlow looking very dejected.  I could never figure out why he was so glum - after all, the Marshal's lock up is probably the most secure and safest place on the whole station.  JK.  I bet he wasn't having a great time in there. 

The other unique card features more eggs.  More fire.  Oxygen must be running low on the station with all these uncontrolled blazes all over the place.  I'm surprised there aren't more alarms and fire retardant systems activated.  There's pretty crappy fire control and suppression services on Sevastopol. 

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on May 17, 2016, 10:23:21 AMMarlow looking very dejected.  I could never figure out why he was so glum - after all, the Marshal's lock up is probably the most secure and safest place on the whole station.  JK.  I bet he wasn't having a great time in there.

That and his wife's chest cavity being rearranged on the outside :P

windebieste

Oh yeah.  There is that.  Also, I'm guessing Marlow's career in space is all but over no matter how you look at it.  It's a pretty rough time for him.

I was just being the optimist - there's got to be one good thing about being in prison.  Stompy is going to have to put in a little extra effort to take out this victim.  Can't leave easily opened vents accessible in a prison cell.

...just a little.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Leaves him too much time to wallow in what he's become responsible for for. That said, I did really enjoy how he went out. He had the right idea.

Quote from: windebieste on May 17, 2016, 10:23:21 AM
Maybe you should.  I'm actually surprised one doesn't exist already.  It's your decision.

I will do when I get home.   :)

windebieste

When yer ready is... when yer ready.   ;D

Draw No. 23

Numbers drawn: 33, 8, 9, 26, 4, 61.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  33(1), 8(2), 26(2), 4(3), 61(4).

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

Card No.9 is the only unique item in this pack.  Taylor, Ripley and Samuels do not look happy about Sevastopol.

Card No.61, 'EXPEDITION TO THE DERELICT.' should look familiar to you.  It's the first card to have been drawn 5 times now - and 3 times in a row at that!  It's rapidly become the 'Not you again!' card that always happens with this kind of packet based card collecting.  lol.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

We're gonna have to head to a collector's meet-up to get rid of some trades soon.

windebieste

Yeah...  Too bad I don't know anyone else who has any to trade.   :'(

Draw No.24

Numbers drawn: 39, 21, 1, 32, 41, 44.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  39(2), 21(2), 1(2), 32(1), 41(1), 44(1).

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

Ahhh... All duplilcates. Still, it's a nice selection and 3 cards featuring Stompy is great.

At this stage, 75 unique cards have been drawn.  That's still leaves 25 cards we haven't seen yet.  At this rate of 1 in 4, the odds are still good that unique items will still get drawn. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Those kind of duff packs are bound to come along. It could be worse, we could be on no duplicates. I brought a box of Upper Deck's new trading cards. Didn't even get a complete base set from a box.

windebieste

Not a single complete base set from an entire box?  Man, that sux nobz. 

I'd love to make up a dummy 'ALIEN: Isolation' box with 36 dummy wax wrap packets inside - but I just don't have the time at the moment. 

Draw No. 25

Numbers drawn: 31, 28, 49, 11, 85, 90.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  31(1), 28(3), 49(1), 11(1), 85(1).

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

Wow... lots of shots of Aliens in this Draw, including a unique card No.90 featuring Stompy. 

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed