(FAUX) 'ALIEN Isolation' Bubblegum Cards.

Started by windebieste, Mar 30, 2016, 05:09:41 AM

Author
(FAUX) 'ALIEN Isolation' Bubblegum Cards. (Read 23,662 times)

Corporal Hicks

I love this shot! It's very nice. A great shot of a gas giant. I hope we get to see some variety in planet appearance in the franchise soon though.

Thanks for keeping this going, winde!

windebieste

Not a problem. 

That shot is actually from a cut scene, the 2nd last one in the game, I believe.  I really wanted to make sure that there was no discernible difference between the in game screen shots and cut scenes to give the entire series of cards a cinematic like quality as Perfect-Organism commented on earlier.   This meant using the Screenshot mode that cheat engine permits, framing the compositions appropriately and then cropping the images to suit the cards. 

On with 'opening the next pack'...

Draw No. 15

Numbers drawn: 38, 79, 94, 30, 77, 22.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  22(1)

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

I'm surprised  that 5 of the 6 cards in this Draw are unique items and only 1 duplicate appeared.  Well, that's how it works.  A couple hive shots a video of Samuels and a pair of Aliens all bracketed by a pair of incidental characters: A Sevastopol survivor and an android. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

That is amazing! Such a nice image.

windebieste

Visually, the game is so well designed you can take a screenshot of anything and it looks good.  But yes, the hive in particular is a wonderful piece of work.  It's a relatively small location, but it's no less amazing. 

Draw No. 16

Numbers drawn: 96, 58, 6, 7, 83, 98.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  6(1), 7(1).

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

A couple of duplicates in this  Draw, both of Nina Taylor. 

A pair of 'punny' cards make their appearance in quick sequential succession, 'COMPLETE ISOLATION' and 'MARSHAL WAITS HAS A PLAN'.  Geddit?  BWAHAHAAhahahaaaaa!  Old bubblegum cards often made fun about their content by adding double entendres like this to the card's titles. 

A pair of creepy androids creeping around and doing creepy stuff in the dark.  Creepy.

Oh, and a second checklist.  Considering the card series cautiously - but not unfalteringly - follows the narrative of the game, you can probably work out what some of the missing cards are now.  At least from the first half of the set, anyway.

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

Continuing to love these!

Corporal Hicks

Ha!  :laugh: These are so f**king fun!  ;D

windebieste

That's good.  Coz they were fun to make!

Next...

Draw No. 17

Numbers drawn: 82, 6, 71, 28, 67, 26. 

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  82(1), 6(2), 71, 28(1), 67, 26(1)

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

This is exactly the kind of distribution I am expecting with the Draws at this stage.  With more than half the set now revealed, the duplicates are in a significant majority.  Still a couple of unique items surfaced here. 

I always wondered why the Alien ignored Ricardo.  I guess he just has a 'Get out of Jail, Free' card by virtue of his place in the game's narrative.

Yeah, lean a little closer Foster; there's a nice surprise waiting inside, just for you.  You're gonna love it!

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

No more of these on their way...? I wanna complete the set :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

How many packs will this get me?

HuDaFuK

Das link ist bröken.

Corporal Hicks

'Bout now?

HuDaFuK

Wunderbar!

windebieste

Oh, virtually getting paid now, am I?  That's nice!  That'll buy you one pack; plus credit. You may have noticed, I don't double post these items. ;)

Mind you, I don't make any capital gains from an image.jpg; and it's too bad I can't accept real world payment for these cards, either.  As it is, I can only get away with posting them online without licence via 'fair use', claiming parody and having them possibly being 'transformative' in nature.  There's also the  proviso I'm not generating any income out of them or using them for gambling purposes.   So I should be OK with that.

...on the other hand, any donations recognising other services rendered on my part to this Community over the past 2 decades will be gratefully received.   Then again, I'm just a lowly fan - I'm not in it for the money.  Well, not today, anyway.  ;D

Enough Legal... Here's the next Draw.  It's been too long since I've done this:

Draw No. 18

Numbers drawn: 43, 4, 60, 77, 32, 18.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency): 43(2), 4(2), 77(1).

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

Quite the mix for this Draw and a good balance between 3 duplicate items and 3 unique ones.   Some cool hardware shots including the already previously posted Sevastopol exterior and the very welcome first appearances of Amanda's motion tracker along with Marlow's expedition team exiting the Anesidora wearing their compression suits.  Nice hardware, indeed. 

There's also some character shots including Samuels and Axel, who both have appeared previously but this particular card featuring Axel is a first appearance and is also very gratifying. 

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

I liked Alex. Too bad he was the initial redshirt.

windebieste

Indeed. 

Let's see what we get when we open up this 'packet'...

Draw No. 19

Numbers drawn: 8, 25, 14, 44, 21, 41.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  8(1), 21(1).

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

A couple of location shots make their way into this Draw for the first time.  As does a couple nice shots of Stompy.  Other than him, no significant characters in this Draw.  I think this has been the first Draw where all the cards have been in landscape format. 

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed