Alien Covenant to use "FORMIDABLE CGI"

Started by CainsSon, Mar 25, 2016, 07:18:44 PM

Author
Alien Covenant to use "FORMIDABLE CGI" (Read 4,754 times)

Corporal Hicks

Off topic but I just love this snap:

Floating space vagina.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

His girlfriend's pussy is as large as a house!  :o

Enoch

Dont know if anybody wrote about this info, but this is a topic about effects so I will post this again...

So officially, special effect will be done by MPC and Neil Corbould is, as usual, Special Visual Effects Supervisor.
Visual Effects (previsualisations) were done by Argon studios led by Jason McDonald...

Corporal Hicks

I had assumed MPC would be doing Covenant but I don't recall it being officially announced.

Enoch

My fault... Argon is confirmed, MPC is yet to be confirmed :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Ney worries!

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 29, 2016, 02:59:24 PM
Off topic but I just love this snap:

Floating space vagina.

That's one great big pussy that's one great big pussy!

Primordial

Why to you say it twice ?  ;)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 29, 2016, 01:10:33 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 29, 2016, 07:55:05 AM
Green screens don't necessarily = CGI. They're used for compositing, in this case backgrounds. Those backgrounds could still be real, they just weren't there when you were filming the actors. You can film some pretty landscapes then add them into the actor footage later.

CGI is actually fabricating something digitally from the ground up that never existed.

Err... CainsSon said, and I quote:

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 26, 2016, 06:09:21 PM
And look how good The Martian turned out! Maybe Scott realized he was making a mistake not using Green Screen in Prometheus.

To which I replied:

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 26, 2016, 07:45:40 PM
Prometheus used plenty of green screens. Monumental GREEN SCREENS!

Nowhere did I say greenscreen = CGI  ::)

Even though in this case those environments were indeed CGI.

Yes, my bad. I should have said Practical FX. But in my defense, in the case of a film like this, CGI and and Green Screen go hand in hand. I was actually on a film called The Ghouls (AKA Mojin: The Lost Legend) and everything was Green Screen CGI combo. The VFX Supervisor on that, Douglas Smith won an Oscar and he told me he had never used so much Green Screen in his life.
I did clarify the difference between Composite and CGI in a following post. But just for extra clarity, Green Screen is used for Composite/Chroma-Key Framing, but in MOST cases when the cast interacts with CGI, it is done via composite/green screen vfx.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed