The Predator To Be An “Event” Film

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 23, 2016, 03:12:28 PM

Author
The Predator To Be An “Event” Film (Read 33,243 times)

The Shuriken

Well, if Deadpool is anything to go by, a 65-70 million dollar budget, with the right people, can take a movie pretty damn far. Hopefully that can be pulled off with Predator.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 23, 2016, 06:41:02 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 23, 2016, 06:16:40 PMI am curious as to what exactly "event" means?

He's not talking about the plot of the film, he's talking about the film itself. He means it will be a film that's talked about and noted, a big deal, as opposed to all the previous Predator sequels which kinda just happened and most people didn't really bat an eyelid.

I see, so Shane Black intends to make this a film that will become another classic. How Aliens succeeded in gaining a high status alongside Alien.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 23, 2016, 04:49:25 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 23, 2016, 04:46:49 PMP2, as good as it was, you could honestly tell it was a suit. The Elder looked brilliant though, but Pussyface did look very suit-y. Same for the AvP films and Predators Not that it's bad, I loved all the films.

I don't see that myself. The second looks just as good as the original to my eyes.

It was only once Stan Winston stopped making them they started looking worse.

I thought Predator 2 looked as good as the first. I still stand by KNBs work on Predators. I thought their Predators looked fine. As for ADI's work - I said it on the latest podcast but it's the damn texture of the skin. They needed to add some moisture to those suits!

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 23, 2016, 06:16:40 PMI am curious as to what exactly "event" means?

He's not talking about the plot of the film, he's talking about the film itself. He means it will be a film that's talked about and noted, a big deal, as opposed to all the previous Predator sequels which kinda just happened and most people didn't really bat an eyelid.

This is exactly what he means. He wants this film to be something people stand up and take note of. Predators was just rushed along and I've found some people who had no idea it was even made.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 23, 2016, 07:20:53 PM
Predators was just rushed along and I've found some people who had no idea it was even made.

I can attest to how true this is.

A few months ago, I was talking to someone who worked at the local CVS Pharmacy about the Predator films, and I brought up PREDATORS... He looked at me like as if he had missed something, and I told him that there was a third (or fifth, if we count the AVP films) Predator film. He said that he didn't even know that PREDATORS was even a thing.

Darkness

Surprising news to say the least. The great thing about Predator movies is they can be done fairly cheaply so giving it a big budget is a fairly risky move. I'm certain this is going to be present day on Earth so where exactly is the extra money going to go? The whole "reinventing" - makes me nervous that he's going to radically change the appearance or mythos to make it appeal to a broader audience. And am I the only one thinking PG13 too?

Master

I think they learned their lesson about Pg-13 after AvP.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 23, 2016, 08:05:32 PM
Surprising news to say the least. The great thing about Predator movies is they can be done fairly cheaply so giving it a big budget is a fairly risky move. I'm certain this is going to be present day on Earth so where exactly is the extra money going to go?

Assuming what we take as Dekker working on a military vs monster movie as an indicator.. I assume the money would go to either towards military weapons, vehicles.. that sort of thing.

426Buddy

I can't see Shane Black going PG13 with this.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 23, 2016, 08:05:32 PMAnd am I the only one thinking PG13 too?

I doubt Black would do that. His films are almost exclusively R-rated pictures. In the interview at the start of the thread he talks about how an R-rating is important in certain films.

THE CITY HUNTER

What does it mean by"event"

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Mar 23, 2016, 08:30:07 PM

This is exactly what he means. He wants this film to be something people stand up and take note of. Predators was just rushed along and I've found some people who had no idea it was even made.

There you go.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 23, 2016, 08:28:28 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Mar 23, 2016, 08:05:32 PMAnd am I the only one thinking PG13 too?

I doubt Black would do that. His films are almost exclusively R-rated pictures. In the interview at the start of the thread he talks about how an R-rating is important in certain films.

I'm doubting it'll be a PG13. R over in the States, 15 or 18 over here.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 23, 2016, 08:32:23 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Mar 23, 2016, 08:30:07 PM

There you go.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 23, 2016, 08:28:28 PM

I'm doubting it'll be a PG13. R over in the States, 15 or 18 over here.
Thanks,i swear if that movie is f**king PG-13(O MY GOD >:( >:( >:( >:( >:()

XENOMORPHOSIS

Eager for what Shane has in mind, while I hope that expense they're pursuing doesn't lead to productions problems or lead it to becoming a mindless Michael Bay esque action stye over substance flick, while Ironman 3 has its fans its generally considered a mixed baggage, hope Shane has learned from that experience in what areas to improve upon.

Liberator

Can't wait.  How can you audition to be an extra?

overthere

Extra? I'm 6'8'' and I can do the clicking sound. How do I audition to be a Predator? :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed