The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 15, 2016, 08:09:54 PM

Author
The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title? (Read 37,459 times)

future_Tarzan³

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 17, 2016, 10:13:32 AM
Oh sure and The Predator in a Mall would be awesome too. Why not have the predator hunting the president of the united states instead. Of course Arnold will be ze PRESIDENT! Actually all jackass aside, The Predator vs The Putin could actually be kick ass. Yea set it in Russia during the summer though complete with one very long car chase scene around Moscow.

Whiskeybrewer

I like that this has been confirmed as a Promo poster to get people talking. Cant wait to find out the setting. I always had an idea for a Predator film, where the opening would be set in a Desert, with a Military squad searching for Terrorists or something, a Sandstorm kicks in, then all bar one or two of the team are wiped out by a Predator. The main guy injures it. It vanishes. The storm subsides and the survivors find there comrades missing their heads. Cut to Japan a few years later lol

Corporal Hicks

I do believe one of the earlier ideas for AvP2 had it being set in Iraq with a special forces squad.

Whiskeybrewer

Didn't realise that. I think as a sequence it could work :)

overthere

I really like the idea of things not going Predator's way, he ends up being surrounded and overpowered by the military and is forced to improvise.

I mentioned this scenario for a while now, but Predator getting captured and then escaping from the facility he's kept it would make for some great action and a chance to explore the creature more.

Whiskeybrewer

Thats true i like that as well

Corporal Hicks

I'd be down to see something of a less traditional formula.

whiterabbit

So you guys are down with the Predator being the hunted? Oh man how far has the Predator sunk that it's now afraid of man. I just don't know how well the world will take this after the last 3 beaten's the predator has taken.

Can't anybody come up with something more macho.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 17, 2016, 12:59:47 PMSo you guys are down with the Predator being the hunted? Oh man how far has the Predator sunk that it's now afraid of man. I just don't know how well the world will take this after the last 3 beaten's the predator has taken.

???

Rambo got captured all the time. It doesn't make him a pussy.

Master

Yeah, reversed formula where wounded Predator is hunted by seemingly overwhelming force a la first Rambo is what I always wanted to see. Especially in different desert settings. Just get Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson and we are set.

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 17, 2016, 01:08:49 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 17, 2016, 12:59:47 PMSo you guys are down with the Predator being the hunted? Oh man how far has the Predator sunk that it's now afraid of man. I just don't know how well the world will take this after the last 3 beaten's the predator has taken.

???

Rambo got captured all the time. It doesn't make him a pussy.
Yea but Rambo is still just a man trying to get by. This however is supposed to be the Predator. Also known as the unstoppable alien killing machine who hunts man for pleasure and has the superior technology.  Of course man somehow wins, usually due to the predator arrogance. I just don't think it's a wise idea to go the route of "on the run" in the first standalone movie since P2.  I mean what is the out? The predator either dies again or escapes... shit we all know what happens. He blows himself up or something.

It's not so much that such a scenario makes it a pussy, it just makes the creature too damn vulnerable. It should be on the hunt; otherwise they should rename the movie to something more fitting. Like The Fugitive. I'm not against such a movie but not right off the bat. The predator seriously needs a win.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 17, 2016, 01:49:36 PMI just don't think it's a wise idea to go the route of "on the run" in the first standalone movie since P2.

Surely it'd be a worse idea to do yet another retread of the first film's scenario?

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 17, 2016, 01:49:36 PMIt's not so much that such a scenario makes it a pussy, it just makes the creature too damn vulnerable.

Depends what he's running from.

There's nothing particularly weak about retreating from a whole bunch of guys who are suitably armed and well prepared for your arrival. Especially not when you cap it off with turning the tables on them and getting your revenge.

OWLF

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 17, 2016, 09:14:12 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 17, 2016, 09:07:57 AM
I highly doubt we'd ever see it simply because of the budget requirements, but a Predator in a Blade Runner-like metropolis would have the potential to be pretty awesome.

Oh, that could be fun too. I always tend to be think about going into the past but a decent future setting could be quite interesting!

This definitely would be interesting and could look quite cool if done right. A futuristic Blade Runner style city setting would fit the Predator aesthetic quite well. Predator Concrete Jungle game did a pretty good job with the futuristic Neopolis city.

I dunno how much of a budget they will have, but it would cost quite alot to build that kind of sets, I reckon.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 17, 2016, 01:51:56 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 17, 2016, 01:49:36 PMI just don't think it's a wise idea to go the route of "on the run" in the first standalone movie since P2.

Surely it'd be a worse idea to do yet another retread of the first film's scenario?

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 17, 2016, 01:49:36 PMIt's not so much that such a scenario makes it a pussy, it just makes the creature too damn vulnerable.

Depends what he's running from.

There's nothing particularly weak about retreating from a whole bunch of guys who are suitably armed and well prepared for your arrival. Especially not when you cap it off with turning the tables on them and getting your revenge.

and what if he's lost alot of his weaponary as well. A Predator crushing a guys head with his bare hands may be and interesting image

KiramidHead

I'd rather the Predator not be the "good guy," for lack of a better term.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed