Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 81,449 times)

BountyHunter

Anyone think the time travel angle could have been added because of the David revelation in Covenant? It IS a way to keep the xenomorphs having been around for thousands of year intact. Wouldn't surprise me if Dark Horse had insider info way before the movie came out.

SM

Don't think so.  The Life & Death storyline line was mapped out at the start of last year.

BountyHunter

Yeah but the Prometheus one shot pretty much just came out. The time travel thing could have been added last minute. If I recall correctly, it is only ever brought up in the one shot.

SM

It wasn't a last minute thing.

Corporal Hicks

Fire and Stone, which was released 2-3 years ago now, had to be changed because of the direction they were taking Alien: Covenant (then Prometheus 2). I think it'd be safe to say Dark Horse had an idea of what Covenant had in store.

Ultramorph

There are definitely thematic hints of things to come Fire and Stone. DH had a rough outline of what the plan was for the next film. I'm still interested to see on which end the time travel thing originated.

The Alien Predator

Didn't Fire and Stone also show trees being grown by the Black Goo? Since there wasn't a forest when Prometheus arrived and now there's a biomechanical jungle.

Also I recall the human survivors mentioning how the food was getting more corrupted, I can't recall if the food was crops and plants as well as the animals. If it was plants, that could contradict with what David said about the Black Goo only affecting non-plant life. Unless his Goo was a modified version.

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 31, 2017, 03:33:47 PM
Didn't Fire and Stone also show trees being grown by the Black Goo? Since there wasn't a forest when Prometheus arrived and now there's a biomechanical jungle.

Also I recall the human survivors mentioning how the food was getting more corrupted, I can't recall if the food was crops and plants as well as the animals. If it was plants, that could contradict with what David said about the Black Goo only affecting non-plant life. Unless his Goo was a modified version.

The line between what is and isn't an animal or plant is very murky, even more so when we picture extraterrestrial organisms. It's possible that the "jungle" was in fact an "animal" but simply looked and behaved like a plant. There are numerous examples of this in real life with things like sea anenomes, urchins and coral which are all "animals" despite the fact that they behave and look like plants. This is especially likely when you consider that all the ecological niches which would have been filled by flora were empty on Lv223.

That all said... Sir Scott is making it hard for me to defend things.  :P
What we know for sure is that ALL Aliens in F&S+L&D come from the Hadley's Hope incident, so as long as Ridley doesn't kick Aliens out of canon entirely and turn this into a reboot (which I think he may) then so far everything in the new EU still fits.

Ultramorph

It all fits except Rage War and anything that says the xenos are ancient.

Kurai

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 31, 2017, 04:03:33 PM
It all fits except Rage War and anything that says the xenos are ancient.

Well... In Rage War they're technically ancient by then... Right?  ;)
Maybe we'll see an encounter with the DogFaces in future movies? Maybe David offed them too? It only SEEMS like they're ancient?  ???

Geez... I wonder how many franchises can boast that nearly every single film is a new franchise? David's Odyssey, Vanilla Alien, Aliens, Beyond the Third Film, Aliens vs Predator and technically Vanilla Predator... Geez, six that I can think of in just the films...  :(

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Kurai on May 31, 2017, 03:49:13 PM

The line between what is and isn't an animal or plant is very murky, even more so when we picture extraterrestrial organisms. It's possible that the "jungle" was in fact an "animal" but simply looked and behaved like a plant. There are numerous examples of this in real life with things like sea anenomes, urchins and coral which are all "animals" despite the fact that they behave and look like plants. This is especially likely when you consider that all the ecological niches which would have been filled by flora were empty on Lv223.

What we know for sure is that ALL Aliens in F&S+L&D come from the Hadley's Hope incident, so as long as Ridley doesn't kick Aliens out of canon entirely and turn this into a reboot (which I think he may) then so far everything in the new EU still fits.

Those are some really good points.

SM

Quote from: Kurai on May 31, 2017, 03:49:13 PM

That strain originated on LV-426.  Those Aliens were all gone by the advent of Life & Death though and had been replaced with ones born on LV-223, hence the physical differences.

gantarat

Didn't Predators on Fire and Stone,Life and Death hunt Xenomorph very long time ?

SM

Don't think so. Ahab's backstory had him hunting different things, but I'm not sure it showed him hunting Aliens in the distant past.

Russ840

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/30-554/Predator-Hunters-2#prettyPhoto

Predator: Hunters #2 preview is up. Beware some spoilers.

I really am enjoying the art on this series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed