Prometheus - Life & Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 10, 2016, 08:28:01 AM

Author
Prometheus - Life & Death (Read 33,613 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 17, 2016, 09:23:16 PM
:D

I remember seeing that snake Alien in the old AvP snes game. It was one of the bosses.  :laugh:

Ultramorph

426Buddy

426Buddy

I'm pretty much convinced that the life&death event isnt going to deliver anything I was hoping for in terms of the Alien.

The current aliens seen in Prometheus are just plain stupid and these new design give me little hope for the remaining story arcs.

It seems to me that, when it comes to the alien, Defiance gets* it and life and death just doesn't.

The Alien Predator

You gotta keep in mind that these are some accelerant infected Aliens, so expect some radical changes. That queen looks cool and mutated.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 17, 2016, 10:19:22 PM
You gotta keep in mind that these are some accelerant infected Aliens, so expect some radical changes. That queen looks cool and mutated.

Yeah I get that and there is a lot I like about the story in promy l&d, but the aliens seen in this arc are just so goofy looking, couldn't they come up with something better? Literally anything.

Brian thies designs are better but not what I'm interested in.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 17, 2016, 10:27:18 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 17, 2016, 10:19:22 PM

Yeah I get that and there is a lot I like about the story in promy l&d, but the aliens seen in this arc are just so goofy looking, couldn't they come up with something better? Literally anything.

Brian thies designs are better but not what I'm interested in.

I understand.

These series do have a particular stylish artwork that is sort of an acquired taste.

I agree with you on Defiance having better artwork. I think it's due to the grittier and more detailed tone they are going for which is really appealing. While from what I've seen of Life and Death is more of a cartoony tone.

Same thing with Fire and Stone, each arc sort of has its own style. Omega seems to have the best artwork due to how detailed it is.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 17, 2016, 10:16:17 PM
I'm pretty much convinced that the life&death event isnt going to deliver anything I was hoping for in terms of the Alien.

The current aliens seen in Prometheus are just plain stupid and these new design give me little hope for the remaining story arcs.

It seems to me that, when it comes to the alien, Defiance gets* it and life and death just doesn't.

Well buddy, I agree with you 100%. I see where this is going now. These are the crappy Aliens that are going to be in Aliens Life and Death? Good effin luck with that. Haven't these people read Aliens Colonial Marines in the 90's with those stupid mutated aliens in it and the crap reviews?

I guess fanboys never learn. And there's so many in this industry. I'm surprised the owners and editors at DH actually go with this garbage. Out of a billion Alien stories one can come up, it has to be mutated aliens? Mutated androids and resident evil aliens in the fire and stone arc now this shit. Have fun when the crappy reviews come pouring in if Aliens Life and Death is all about mutated aliens.

I'm actually quite tired of Dark Horse's mediocre ideas and stories over the last 3 decades, over 50% of them have been destroyed with crap ideas like this, I wish Alien comics were written by smarter people. If they fail with Defiance too, they should just give back the license.

This is just my opinion, If anyone wants to flame me, go ahead, don't forget the vitriol.

Here you go Dark Horse, my final thoughts exactly at the 11-13 second mark on your crap mutant b flick ideas lol.

SM

SM

Most of the Aliens in the old Colonial Marines book just looked like normal Aliens.
These ones are deliberately different due to their accelerant mutated hosts.

Nostromo

Nostromo

I have no problem with the black goo effect :) I like black goo. Heck, I drink it every day. All I'm asking for is a smart story. And if that's not possible, at least no mutants only. A couple of normal Aliens and some horror can't hurt anyone. I don't think this is too much to ask for out of an Alien comic. Let's see where this goes...I can guarentee you the reviews will be horrid by most if it's a mutant only story in Aliens Life & Death.

Tell them something SM. 😊  😆

SM

SM

I did.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'll see where it goes before I condemn it. Personally, I loved the Kenner designs in Predator (Thies loves his Kenner!) and if it makes sense within the context of the story, I'm all for it. I might not be a big fan of the Resurrection designs but they work within the story, like they're meant to. These Kenner based ones aren't a massive departure and considering the fact that it's set within a massive jungle with its own massive mutated ecosystem, the Aliens not being the norm is fine by me.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Like I said earlier, I'm fine with the black goo changing them. But they look goofy and inspire giggles not terror.

Not condemning the whole thing, I am enjoying the story. I just like the aliens to actually look menacing.

Brians mutations look better and more like aliens, but the huge long arms still look rediculous. Not that it matters much, i'll be buying them.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Yea the aliens in L&D aren't that great looking but I can look past that but that's probably because I'd be considered a "fan boy". The story however is doing nothing for me for the whole overall L&D arc. Read issue 3 of Prom yesterday & found it mostly lackluster & boring for being #3 out of 4. Hope they ramp it up for #4.

Kurai

Kurai

Yeah, Black Goo messed them up and such but I'm sorry, this:

Spoiler

[close]

is inexcusable.  >:(

Spoiler
I thought this was Aliens/Prometheus, not The Walking Dead. Acid should have melted through the sticks, let alone Aliens shouldn't be that stupid, even with Black Goo issues. I'm smashing my head against a wall with this, IIRC I'm not the only one here that has complained about the Aliens being just zombies.
[close]

That said, I'm 100% in for more Xeno Morphs (ba dum tchish). I just wish they set themselves some guidelines with them. Considering only Alien and Aliens, the Alien should retain the front portion of the skull with jaw slightly modified of it's host behind the cowl as well as the basic body shape of the host. As the Alien grows, the skull feature morphs, pulled backwards by the sides and the cowl is shed, giving us our Cameron Xeno.

A common thing I see is just slapping a human Alien head or torso on a different set of hips or with different limbs.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Kenner Aliens. But after Aliens, the whole Alien's horizontal gene absorption and characteristic inheritance is kind of shallow.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That isn't great. At all.  :-\ Looks terrible. Is that from #3?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed