Prometheus - Life & Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 10, 2016, 08:28:01 AM

Author
Prometheus - Life & Death (Read 33,622 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I wish we saw
Spoiler
where Ahab has been staying in the survivors' camp. He must have a trophy room somewhere, so that would have been cool to see.

I liked the little bit of speculation about the Engineers maybe trying to keep us away from the goo because we're too primitive.

I was hoping for more conflict between the Marines and Ahab, maybe a short scuffle that Galgo would have had to break up. Also thought Singer and Melville would be more curious about Ahab, but I suppose the Engineers are the more immediate concern.
[close]

Also, what was up with
Spoiler
the urns of goo floating? I know it's supposed to be advanced seeming and mysterious, but it came off weird.
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Just got issue 3, thought it was pretty decent. Still not liking the alien designs at all.
Spoiler

Queen and hugger looked okay though. I was surprised by who was hugged.
[close]

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Brian Thies has shared some more art, and we're getting
Spoiler

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What the hell is the first one supposed to be? Mantis?

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 17, 2016, 11:32:18 AM
Spoiler
I was going to explode with anger, but they are kind of creepy lol. Those hands...Still I wish there was a permanent ban on drawing any Alien that doesn't look like the 79 one. Stupid Alien 3 dog alien crap started all this. The fanboy geeks love drawing these different Aliens hihihihi look at my new Alien woooohooo /rant closed lol.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Actually you're wrong on that statement and it did NOT start with the dog alien. We started seeing different hybrids in the comics long before Alien 3 came out. There's the guardian xenos in the Earth War comic & that was from 1990. Alien 3, 1992. I don't agree on the ban of anything that doesn't look like the '79. Yea there's some pretty whacked out looking creations out there I'll admit that but there's definitely some neat ones too. It would get boring to just see the same one over & over. The xenos can't just come out of humans ALL the time, they would have come across many types of species long before contact with humans. The Kenner toyline really started to bring out the different hybrids and it kinda just rolled from there. Just my 2 cents on that.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 17, 2016, 11:59:38 AM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 17, 2016, 11:32:18 AM
Spoiler
I was going to explode with anger, but they are kind of creepy lol. Those hands...Still I wish there was a permanent ban on drawing any Alien that doesn't look like the 79 one. Stupid Alien 3 dog alien crap started all this. The fanboy geeks love drawing these different Aliens hihihihi look at my new Alien woooohooo /rant closed lol.

http://www.writingwinters.com/wp-content/uploads/wtf-is-this-shit.jpg

You remind me of a friend I knew from France.  ;D

I'm glad you looked on the bright side and saw the creepiness of the Alien. Always good to look on the bright side of life.  :laugh:

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 17, 2016, 11:44:50 AM
What the hell is the first one supposed to be? Mantis?

Spoiler
Gorilla, I think.
[close]

Nostromo

Nostromo

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 17, 2016, 11:59:38 AMI was going to explode with anger, but they are kind of creepy lol. Those hands...Still I wish there was a permanent ban on drawing any Alien that doesn't look like the 79 one. Stupid Alien 3 dog alien crap started all this. The fanboy geeks love drawing these different Aliens hihihihi look at my new Alien woooohooo /rant closed lol.

To be fair, the idea of the Alien looking different depending on its host was technically there from the start - Ridley said several times in interviews about the first movie that it was just the "man-version" of Alien.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

SpreadEagleBeagle

You can't compare the so called Dog Alien to the Lender crap and video game and comic book bastardizations of the xenomorph; the Dog Alien (Runner/Dragon) is eccentrically a regular Drone/Warrior with digitrade legs and no dorsal tubes. It has no gimmicks or superficial canine attributes - no ears, whiskers or snout, nothing dog-like when it comes to the cranium or body shape, nothing extra dog-like about the teeth or lips... the only thing slightly mimicking dogs and cats is the structure and design of its feet, but it is very, very subtle.

The Dog Alien is pretty much a regular Xenomorph that is just a slightly more adapted to run on all fours. It's a Quadruped, and that's about it. It shares surprisingly little resemblance with its host.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Kenner xeno's for life.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 17, 2016, 08:33:05 PM
You can't compare the so called Dog Alien to the Lender crap and video game and comic book bastardizations of the xenomorph; the Dog Alien (Runner/Dragon) is eccentrically a regular Drone/Warrior with digitrade legs and no dorsal tubes. It has no gimmicks or superficial canine attributes - no ears, whiskers or snout, nothing dog-like when it comes to the cranium or body shape, nothing extra dog-like about the teeth or lips... the only thing slightly mimicking dogs and cats is the structure and design of its feet, but it is very, very subtle.

The Dog Alien is pretty much a regular Xenomorph that is just a slightly more adapted to run on all fours. It's a Quadruped, and that's about it. It shares surprisingly little resemblance with its host.

I fully agree on all accounts.

It really is a great alien design, my favorite after big chap.

Nostromo

Nostromo

:D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed