Ridley Scott confirms Xenomorph!

Started by RakaiThwei, Dec 12, 2015, 12:39:00 AM

Author
Ridley Scott confirms Xenomorph! (Read 35,300 times)

Massey

Massey

aka cleaning up Damon's mess

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 12, 2015, 03:11:38 AM
What's sad is that Giger won't be around to be properly utilised for this.

It is sad but think about how much content he left behind that was never used in the films. Also think about how many artists there are that dedicate themselves to Giger.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Godzillakuj94 on Dec 12, 2015, 05:21:27 AM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 12, 2015, 04:48:42 AM
So I guess they will ignore the Deacon will be ignore from the end of the last film and will never be seen or mention again  ::)
I hope not...

I would like to see it return since I would be mad if they totally ditch it. It would make the ending feel pointless in my opinion.

Eldritch_DM

Well I'm a lot more excited now! I just hope Scott can deliver for us and breath some new life into our franchise with a film that the majority of us hardcore fans can enjoy as well as bring in some fresh new blood with those who may not have ever heard of our "little" fandom.

Born Of Cold Light

I just hope this is a natural development in the movie-making process, not something that Fox foisted on Scott.  We don't want to have something similar like when Venom was forced into Spider-Man 3.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 12, 2015, 03:11:38 AM
What's sad is that Giger won't be around to be properly utilised for this.

There's so much of his art out there that's gone unused, any new material would probably be redundant.  Then there's all the unused Huante art as well.

david8

david8

Halle-f**king-lujah, I really do think Isolation was instrumental in all this, when the beast is executed right he's terrifying. I also suspect that the design(s) will be a tad different but only subtly so, just like Huante's artwork.

Godamn I'm getting excited for this, it seems Scott listened to FOX and was made aware of where they went wrong with Prometheus.

oduodu

oduodu

Wow I thought people were tired of the xeno. So this will be another alien remake. I guess thats what the majority of fans wanted. So as a franchise Prometheus no more ??

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: oduodu on Dec 12, 2015, 08:27:32 AM
Wow I thought people were tired of the xeno. So this will be another alien remake. I guess thats what the majority of fans wanted. So as a franchise Prometheus no more ??
Nah we can have the best of both worlds. A new Alien trilogy and the Deacon trilogy which will consist of Prometheus and it's 2 sequels and then bam: Alien vs Deacon directed by Neil Bloomkamp.

We can't lose if this happens. :P

oduodu

oduodu

Probably not but I will be  a bit disappointed we don't at least learn more about the engineers and why they wanted us dead. I don't just want an alien movie where everyone dies. It be be great if there was a scene where ans engineer and xeno interacted - not necessarily violently - like literally communicate with one another - not in words . This xeno must be like kane son. Intelligent - evil personified - biomechanical - the skull must be almost visible - the teeth must be metallic exactly the way it was in alien. I want to see egg morphing along with this . I want to see from what designs the xeno was created - was it actually the engineers who designed them or something above them.

I don't JUST want scenes in the dark where you don't know where the alien is going to come from.

I want to see the design idea behind them - their purpose shown more clearer.

But not everybody dies at the end and a lone survivor must now protect earth at all cost.

These things must be secondary to Shaw and David's characters and their respective plot lines.

Shamo

Shamo

Man cant wait for it!

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

This is good news. Regardless of how the story plays out, the thought of seeing Giger's Alien on screen for the first time since 1979 with Ridley Scott directing is a mouthwatering one.

The Alien Predator

What a good time to be a fan of this franchise!

T Dog

T Dog

I wonder that after this movie we will all look back and say "what was the point of Prometheus". I wonder how much of the murals/confusion will be explained.

I wonder/hope he'll retcon the Jockey size back to the big ol boy found in the original Alien.

Also hoping he'll Giger the shit out of everything.

Whiskeybrewer

This will be very interesting. Can't wait to see. I recently read William Gibson's second draft of Alien III and he makes a reference to the Aliens being engineered as a weapon, so there have always been roots there

whiterabbit

I suppose he could say that Prometheus was a look back at Engineer culture before the mishap. At the very least it showed what they were sort of up too and that they also made us. There's the Deacon too, can always tell that story later. Pretty sure Alien: Covenant will explain Prometheus more than anything though.

Actually I'm thinking that Scott is going to explain a lot of things in the next movie, unlike where things were just hinted at in Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed