What's Wrong With AvP?

Started by overthere, Dec 05, 2015, 12:25:08 PM

Author
What's Wrong With AvP? (Read 34,751 times)

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Pretty much everything.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

It sucks.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Mar 15, 2017, 07:24:40 PM

The director is most certainly responsible for how that is interpreted on film, and he did a laughable job imo.

Not necessarily, these days directors can simply be puppets for the studios. This iis especially true of the Alien franchise as Fox loves to meddle in it and ruin things. That is not to say that the director cannot be responsible for what we see as well.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Honestly, liked the film idea.

However, the length of the film (too short for Aliens and Predators!) and the quick kill off of the characters is what spoils it for me.

Maybe just maybe, ten years from now a reboot will get it right!

Infected

Infected

After seeing AVP:R again, i dont think its that bad of a film, a few things i will never like is, the predalien, the homeworld of the predators and how they show that, i dont believe in all that predator stuff, i think a predator really likes his work and not a serpent slave of automatism and machines, they do have tech but its just limited thats my opinion, and i didnt like some things they shown as Wolf just blazes his plasma's at the powerplant, and the xeno's just run and rush bla bla.
I cant say i hated it so much as i did, i like to play with the thought as why didnt they dropped the predalien and used an engineer? a big giant alien psycho trying to fertilize our grounds and people with the black goo.

SM

SM

I thought the Predator planet was one of the few bright spots (literally and metaphorically).

Russ840

Russ840

I actually cannot sit through either of the movies anymore.

episodenone

episodenone

Too damn hard to see anything  because of how they lit it

SM

SM

They lit it fine.  The colour corrected it too dark in post.

Infected

Infected

Oh and the plasma caster being used as a gun, is not done.

SM

SM

Don't see a problem with that.

Russ840

Russ840

I remember that the trailer was really clear and the colours were great and then the release was awful.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I actually really liked the Predator Pistol. I thought it was pretty cool.

SrSpinelli

SrSpinelli

Let's see...
This is everything the AvP movies did wrong and what it generated
The Xenomorph design
The Predator design
The horrible "xeno and predator culture with pyramids" thing
Horrible concepts
Xenomorphs being weak as f**k when they are strong enough to endure massive heat from a spaceship's fire.
Predators being way too stupid that they aways get outsmarted by the prey that they" trained their entire life to hunt"(according to the movie)
The Predators helping the humans a long time ago
Shitting on the Alien Franchise timeline
Shitting on the Predator Franchise timeline
No marines.
Showing the original Weyland Yutani and killing him.
Teenagers
Predalien design that takes way too much of the Predator(Skin, muscle, hair) with no Bio-mechanical look and has square human-like teeth instead of only sharp teeth like the Yautjas.
Predators doing dishonorable things.(killing helpless people that had no way to defend themselves, taking time in skinning a unworthy prey.)
Preatorian laying eggs inside people with no explanation(And that for some reason only works on pregnant women.)
Artic having multiple people that found a way to appear all around the world later.
The HumanXPredator fanart that was created because of it.
The Pregnant women fetish that the director had and wasn't afraid to show.(At least it matched the Alien Franchise a bit.)
The entire bunch of people that thinks it's canon to both unverses when Ridley Scott doesn't give a f**k about it and Prometheus and it's sequels pretty much uncanonize it.
Predator blood not glowing in the second movie. (maybe it did but it was too goddam dark and I couldn't see shit.)
Xenomorph blood glowing in the first movie and being green.
Predalien blood not being acid.
Every Predator is turned into paper except the main one.
Xenomorph Queen being way too big.
Xenomorph surviving being Frozen and melted each 100 years with no colateral effects of being freezed or eletrecuted.(Or maybe there was and it would explain why the Xenomorphs of that movies were so weak and stupid.)

I apologize for any grammar errors and vulgar language.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 09, 2017, 12:56:47 PMI actually really liked the Predator Pistol. I thought it was pretty cool.

Yeah, me either. It was undeniably cool in an oldschool gunslinger kind of way and it made sense that he'd try and re-purpose it rather than bin it just because the tracking servos got smashed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed