Alien Covenant Final Boss?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Oct 30, 2015, 10:57:49 PM

Who or What is going to be the final boss in Alien Covenant?

New Monster
New species of Engineers
The Forerunner
Xeno-like-creature
Mutated Engineer/Human/Android
Author
Alien Covenant Final Boss? (Read 23,173 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Though not the case in every single film, final bosses are a common element in the franchise:

So...

Who or What is going to be the final boss in Alien Covenant?

Wobblyboddle77

We see that gigantic head in Prometheus, which to me maybe points in the direction of the engineers worshipping a greater or higher being, i have always thought the fossilised engineer in the derelict craftt on LV426, is the kind of alpha engineer they all worship and that explains his size. This being is huge compared to the engineers we have seen in prometheus and a right nasty piece of work. It's quite obvious David will communicate with the engineers more in Alien:paradise lost and i think we may come across some who are not necessarily hostile towards Shaw and David, but more fascinated in them. That's what i'm looking forward to about Alien:paradise lost, exploring the engineers in more detail, alongside what happens to Shaw and David, plus who are these new travellers being introduced? maybe Yutani? you never know.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Oct 31, 2015, 01:30:03 AM
We see that gigantic head in Prometheus, which to me maybe points in the direction of the engineers worshipping a greater or higher being, i have always thought the fossilised engineer in the derelict craftt on LV426, is the kind of alpha engineer they all worship and that explains his size. This being is huge compared to the engineers we have seen in prometheus and a right nasty piece of work. It's quite obvious David will communicate with the engineers more in Alien:paradise lost and i think we may come across some who are not necessarily hostile towards Shaw and David, but more fascinated in them. That's what i'm looking forward to about Alien:paradise lost, exploring the engineers in more detail, alongside what happens to Shaw and David, plus who are these new travellers being introduced? maybe Yutani? you never know.

Who knows, maybe they can invent that Ancient Engineers are more taller. After all, the deleted scene is not canon (I say this because there is not much difference in size between the Elders and the Sacrifice Engineer).

Born Of Cold Light

whiterabbit

Oh for snaps there's going to be a final boss and that boss will be GOD's son Jesus Christ Super Engineer. It'll be part alien, part man and 100% bad ass. He will then have sex with Shaw and out pops Ripley 9 months later.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Oct 31, 2015, 04:28:18 AM

I like this. The God/Satan Being should be the 'final boss' in Paradise Lost me thinks. (Lol, I just noticed the Forerunner options. Well played, sir. Well played).

Vulhala

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 31, 2015, 11:26:36 PM

Did you draw that?

Sadly, no.  It's the work of this guy:
http://spaghettibastard.tumblr.com/

Assuming that this is going to be a prequel, for the second film, maybe an adult Deacon, or hey, maybe an ultramorph.  I know ultramorphs are pretty much just much larger Aliens, but if there was a return to the cold, calculating demeanor that we saw in Alien, as well as a return to the use of slow, graceful movements, it could be quite terrifying.  No raptorial crouching, no incessant screeching; just cold death.

Honestly, I believe that Ridley Scott should go all out to create the most dominating, most disturbing creature yet.  I mean, we have all those amazing Giger works (including some lesser known, but equally brilliant older stuff).  Maybe he shouldn't just rip one of those creatures wholesale in the film, but maybe create an amalgamation of them.  Imagine a living planet, or maybe something larger, that is the result of millions of years of evolution of the different Engineer creations fusing into one lifeform.  Ridley Scott was inspired by Lovecraft?  Give us the Alien equivalent of a nigh-indestructible Elder God; not an actual god, but something so terrifying and awe-inspiring that it might as well be.  Maybe have it have intelligence far beyond anything human, but with the same base mentality of a xenomorph.  Take all of those stupendous Giger landscapes and creatures and make something monstrous and magnificent out of it.  I want the series to end in a twisting sea of blackened biomechanical psychedelia.

oduodu

oduodu

Anything from Lovecraft.

NickisSmart

"Cold death." I like me the sound of that.

Infected

Infected

I think the head will be a final boss, and you can only hit it when its eyes are open, but beware of the mouth it fires projectiles when the eyes open.
Imagine the money behind it, game releases everywhere!!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I decided to include the "Forerunner" option because this has been called "Alien: Paradise Lost". So, I assume that we are going to see some kind of God / Devil in the third act. Although it should be noted that, we used to think similarly with Prometheus, you know, the whole thing about Greek mythology playing a key role in the story of the film (at least in a metaphorical level). Unfortunately none of that happened  :D

Nice find. Besides, I think it should be a mixture between Giger and Lovecraft. However, I am open to different combinations of styles:

Deus ex Machina

Source

Source

William B. Hand

Patrick Tatopoulos

Wayne Barlowe

Zdzisław Beksiński

And my favorite...

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Nov 01, 2015, 04:08:03 PM
I decided to include the "Forerunner" option because this has been called "Alien: Paradise Lost". So, I assume that we will see some kind of God / Devil in the third act. Although it should be noted that, we used to think similarly with Prometheus, you know, the whole thing about Greek mythology playing a key role in the story of the film, but none of that really happened lol

Nice find. Besides, I think it should be a mixture between Giger and Lovecraft. Though there are other styles, which are not bad:

William B. Hand

http://www.mastersinprint.com/s/images/william_hand/general/demon_portrait_iii_500.jpg

http://williambhand.com/wp-content/gallery/airbrush/the-birthday-guest_0.jpg

http://williambhand.com/wp-content/gallery/airbrush/aviaphant.jpg

Patrick Tatopoulos

Wayne Barlowe

Zdzisław Beksiński

And my favorite...

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxMTgx/z/838AAOSwDNdVnuwZ/$_35.JPG

That picture of the woman by Tatopolous is quite creepy; I'd love to see something like that in the movies.  Another idea would be to resurrect Ridley Scott's first concept of the xenomorph, which was a creature that became more intelligent and cultured with each passing generation.  It could be just as cold as an Alien, but with the mental capacity of a human.

I also stand by the concept of the Alien that walks like a human.  I understand why they made its movements more animalistic in later movies, but there is something profoundly disturbing about the idea of it walking around a man, as it lends an air of sentience and sophistication to the creatures.  And human experience has shown us that more intelligent animals are able to devise more diabolical forms of torture and killing.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Nov 01, 2015, 08:57:21 PM
Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Nov 01, 2015, 04:08:03 PM
I decided to include the "Forerunner" option because this has been called "Alien: Paradise Lost". So, I assume that we will see some kind of God / Devil in the third act. Although it should be noted that, we used to think similarly with Prometheus, you know, the whole thing about Greek mythology playing a key role in the story of the film, but none of that really happened lol

Nice find. Besides, I think it should be a mixture between Giger and Lovecraft. Though there are other styles, which are not bad:

William B. Hand

http://www.mastersinprint.com/s/images/william_hand/general/demon_portrait_iii_500.jpg

http://williambhand.com/wp-content/gallery/airbrush/the-birthday-guest_0.jpg

http://williambhand.com/wp-content/gallery/airbrush/aviaphant.jpg

Patrick Tatopoulos

Wayne Barlowe

Zdzisław Beksiński

And my favorite...

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxMTgx/z/838AAOSwDNdVnuwZ/$_35.JPG

That picture of the woman by Tatopolous is quite creepy; I'd love to see something like that in the movies.  Another idea would be to resurrect Ridley Scott's first concept of the xenomorph, which was a creature that became more intelligent and cultured with each passing generation.  It could be just as cold as an Alien, but with the mental capacity of a human.

I also stand by the concept of the Alien that walks like a human.  I understand why they made its movements more animalistic in later movies, but there is something profoundly disturbing about the idea of it walking around a man, as it lends an air of sentience and sophistication to the creatures.  And human experience has shown us that more intelligent animals are able to devise more diabolical forms of torture and killing.

Kane's son is the only evil psychopath of all. Even a little perverse

On the contrary, Xenomorphs in the sequels were more like animals, like a midpoint between ants and Velociraptors.

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Nov 01, 2015, 03:47:21 AM
Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 31, 2015, 11:26:36 PM

Did you draw that?

Sadly, no.  It's the work of this guy:
http://spaghettibastard.tumblr.com/

Assuming that this is going to be a prequel, for the second film, maybe an adult Deacon, or hey, maybe an ultramorph.  I know ultramorphs are pretty much just much larger Aliens, but if there was a return to the cold, calculating demeanor that we saw in Alien, as well as a return to the use of slow, graceful movements, it could be quite terrifying.  No raptorial crouching, no incessant screeching; just cold death.

Honestly, I believe that Ridley Scott should go all out to create the most dominating, most disturbing creature yet.  I mean, we have all those amazing Giger works (including some lesser known, but equally brilliant older stuff).  Maybe he shouldn't just rip one of those creatures wholesale in the film, but maybe create an amalgamation of them.  Imagine a living planet, or maybe something larger, that is the result of millions of years of evolution of the different Engineer creations fusing into one lifeform.  Ridley Scott was inspired by Lovecraft?  Give us the Alien equivalent of a nigh-indestructible Elder God; not an actual god, but something so terrifying and awe-inspiring that it might as well be.  Maybe have it have intelligence far beyond anything human, but with the same base mentality of a xenomorph.  Take all of those stupendous Giger landscapes and creatures and make something monstrous and magnificent out of it.  I want the series to end in a twisting sea of blackened biomechanical psychedelia.

Though I'd die to see this biomechanical nightmare, my skepticism tells me that the biomechanical paradise will be more mechanical actually. I hope to be wrong though. I have some curiosity for John Milton's poem, but again, after discovering that Prometheus is the name of the spacecraft, I'm not sure about spending my time trying to figure out some plot points.

proto leech

Seeing as the creatures outside of the engineer were very lackluster, I hope riddles can step it up with the monster designs. If the alien is indeed a bioweapon built by the engineers I wouldnt mind seenig other alien siblings.

Still want the original back. At this point it would basically be a new creature to most people. Move ends with giger's alien ripping the deacon in half as paradise burns.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed