Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 195,343 times)

XenoZipper

I just grabbed a digital copy as well. Haven't read it yet but I'm about to sit down & do so. My download came with 4 covers.

HuDaFuK

What was the fourth? There's the standard version, the Hans variant, the Nelson variant... What else?

XenoZipper

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 27, 2016, 06:49:11 PM
What was the fourth? There's the standard version, the Hans variant, the Nelson variant... What else?

Sorry, for some reason the jpg's are too big for me to attach on here so I just posted all 4 covers on my facebook instead. Here's the link..
https://www.facebook.com/bobby.rafuse.7/media_set?set=a.10153573885472551.1073741893.589382550&type=3&uploaded=4

HuDaFuK

Ah yes, come to think of it I think I have seen that fourth piece of artwork before. Thanks!

Perfect-Organism

What the heck is up with the "DHP Presents" over the Mark A. Nelson cover?  That ain't the plan!!!

XenoZipper

No prob HuDaFuk!
Yea I dunno on the cover man, that's just what came in my download. Just gonna start digging into it.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Just finished reading this. It's interesting. The synthetic soldiers are a cool idea. The comic is trying to be very cinematic. The art is pretty good too. Nice to see special order 937 return 

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 27, 2016, 06:58:11 PMWhat the heck is up with the "DHP Presents" over the Mark A. Nelson cover?  That ain't the plan!!!

It's one of their special 30th anniversary covers, all of which are based on an issue of Dark Horse Presents. Predator: Life and Death had one too:

XenoZipper

I'm enjoying it so far. Not very far in but nice to see Amanda Ripley make an appearance. As stated above it's very cinematic. I could very easily picture this being done as a live action show. 45min episodes type deal.

Russ840

F-ing awesome. Love it. Great work guys.

Perfect-Organism

I get what they're doing with the DHP covers.  I just wish it didn't happen to the Mark A. Nelson cover, but it's no biggie I guess.

XenoZipper

Just finished reading the issue. Was a pretty good start. Looking forward to see where it goes.I got a little screwed up at the beginning because I've been reading a lot of manga lately so I had to remind myself a few times to read the comic the other way :P

drsmuts

Cheers I will check them out.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Apr 25, 2016, 11:21:50 PM
Thanks for the kind words, guys... let's say I were to hold some of these aside for special folks that can't fly down to Australia for this thing... how many would be interested?
I would love a copy as well

Tristan, I finished reading the first issue of defiance today and I was blown away by the art. I haven't seen an artist capture the gritty feel of the first alien till now. It blew me away. Simply amazing. Cant wait till next month for the next issue.

vikingspawn

Books A Million has one of the covers available on their online store along with the Doug Wheatley Predator Life/Death #1 variant.

http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Aliens/Sachin-Teng/9781492490333?id=6291235103657

Is there a gallery on the forums to keep track of the new variants?

I bet more different variants will start to pop up as the San Diego Comicon gets closer and other upcoming conventions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed