Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 195,957 times)

Giger Beast

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Apr 25, 2016, 11:21:50 PM
Thanks for the kind words, guys... let's say I were to hold some of these aside for special folks that can't fly down to Australia for this thing... how many would be interested?

That'd be really sick.

Would be interested.

The poster looks amazing.

Russ840

Tristan.  How long are you on 'Defiance' ? 

KiramidHead

I'll throw my name in the pot as well, that's one cool poster.

vikingspawn

*raises hand for a potential copy*

;D

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 26, 2016, 09:25:22 PM
Tristan.  How long are you on 'Defiance' ?

As long as you guys have it on your standing orders. I'm taking two issues off so I can catch back up, because I was running behind from a job I was on prior to Defiance, but I'm aiming to stay on as long as possible!

As for everyone interested in the posters... DM me and I'll see what I can sort out!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: vikingspawn on Apr 26, 2016, 09:09:26 PMAnyone have a pic of the "Alien Day" Variant cover to Defiance?

They did one?

Corporal Hicks

From Tristan's Facebook. Looks like an Aurora-class ship from Stargate Atlantis! Love it.

HuDaFuK

Isn't issue #1 out today?

426Buddy

Yep, and i spent too much yesterday so TFAW can't send my issue, bank account is so empty a dust ball just rolled through.

Good thing payday is friday

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2016, 01:13:46 PM

From Tristan's Facebook. Looks like an Aurora-class ship from Stargate Atlantis! Love it.

This is what good sci-fi comics should be..

vikingspawn

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Nice!

Having followed that image through Google, I found this interview with Brian Wood and Tristan Jones that I think is new. It certainly has some work-in-progress art I've never seen before.

EDIT: Would help if I included the link :P Here: clicky.

Ultramorph

I picked up the digital copy and read it just now. This series is off to a great start! I already like the mystery that's being set up, and Tristan's art is fantastic. It's going to be painful waiting a month for the next one!

Hicks, you said you had one nitpick. What was it?

drsmuts

I've never bought an Aliens comic in my life for some reason apart from Dredd Incubus which was great as I enjoy Dredd and Henry Flint draws an awesome Alien.

But I downloaded this today and really enjoyed it. The artwork is fantastic!

Comixolgy have an Alien sale on...any recommendations?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: drsmuts on Apr 27, 2016, 06:14:20 PM
I've never bought an Aliens comic in my life for some reason apart from Dredd Incubus which was great as I enjoy Dredd and Henry Flint draws an awesome Alien.

But I downloaded this today and really enjoyed it. The artwork is fantastic!

Comixolgy have an Alien sale on...any recommendations?

Glad you enjoyed it!

You may want to check out Aliens Book two which has 4 issues, by Mark Verheiden and Denis Beauvais...  That had amazing art and a pretty good story too.  If you want the first part of that, you would want to go with ALIENS: Book One by Mark Verheiden and Mark A. Nelson.  It had 6 issues, plus a short side-bar story from Dark Horse Presents #24.  All of these works are now combined in various volumes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed