Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 196,861 times)

426Buddy

Anyone know if Mark Nelson is doing variant cover for each issue or just #1?

HuDaFuK

I'd assume just #1. It's part of DH's year-long anniversary cover program. They're giving a bunch of first issues from selected series special variant covers, drawn by classic artists referencing old issues of Dark Horse Presents.

Think it got a mention on here somewhere.

426Buddy

Thanks!

I'm glad he's still working, I like his art alot.

RagingDragon

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Feb 15, 2016, 10:32:00 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2016, 08:49:21 AM

Fair point.  ;) I wonder if we'll see much in the way of corporate fighting then. That combat synthetic looks very Joe-esque. Perhaps some overlap in cheap, expendable synthetics.

Can't say too much, but here's something else to consider about Davis and why he looks the way he does and the purpose he serves... and maybe the name.

Super cool. Your art continues to amaze, Mr. Jones. I really hope the story will match its quality.

"Would you like to know about Weyland combat protocols?"

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 16, 2016, 03:02:25 PM
Do we have any more info yet on the tie-in short story from the Free Comic Book Day issue?

It's set in the future... ;)

Corporal Hicks

::) Thanks, Tristan!  :P

Some more artwork -

HuDaFuK

Gulf War vs. Fury 161.

Also, that guy on the right looks like he's holding the Weyland-Yutani assault rifle from ACM, with a Pulse Rifle grenade launcher strapped to it.

Corporal Hicks

I love the caption Tristan posted with this one: "Remember those old games where your character could somehow carry an inordinate inventory?"  :laugh:

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 22, 2016, 02:03:51 PM
I love the caption Tristan posted with this one: "Remember those old games where your character could somehow carry an inordinate inventory?"  :laugh:

They actually did that on an episode of MythBusters recently.  :laugh:

Dynamic Forces has an interview with Brian Wood about Defiance.
http://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/interviews.html?showinterview=IN02221686345

Corporal Hicks

I'm really intrigued by Hendricks. I love the idea of her being wounded and Brian drawing inspiration from vets he knows.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I like that it sounds like she might be a slightly deeper character.

Corporal Hicks

Ultramorph

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 24, 2016, 08:14:37 PM
CBR has a full-color short preview, and it looks great!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/aliens-defiance-1-dark-horse-comics-2016
'

Looks pretty great, got me drooling a bit lol. The aliens look really great, very nice art.

Corporal Hicks

I'm getting more and more flashbacks to Aliens: Labyrinth! This comic is looking simply amazing!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed